Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread Week 6: DEN (2-3) @ SD (3-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Okay...I have to provide some background, but when I was in high school, I was the shiznit baseball player. I was invited to pitch for the Chicago Cubs. This provides the basis for my point, in that I am baseball player and I am highly superstitious. I didn't jump or the chalk...I didn't change my socks during a winning streak...I ate the same meal before the game...I got drunk before the game...whatever.

I was watching Hardball, drinking straight tequila, follwing my fantasy team and listening to Big Head Todd and the Monsters..and before I knew it the Broncos had won.

What will I be doing in two weeks?

The same thing I'll be doing. Brilliant idea, my friend.

*salute

Muahaha! Glad I will be having company. Perhaps we can play some online poker or something together while the Broncos look like they are getting killed and wind up winning.

Ahaha wait..what kind of tequila Think

Good question
. I like Hornitos.

Good answer. Sh*t's gonna get real in two weeks.

Alright brah! It is you and me playing some poker...waiting to hear that the Broncos won. And I am not opposed to idea of substituting Big Head Todd for a little Chris LeDeux.
LW33

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Carter and Chris Harris looked very good tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Okay...I have to provide some background, but when I was in high school, I was the shiznit baseball player. I was invited to pitch for the Chicago Cubs. This provides the basis for my point, in that I am baseball player and I am highly superstitious. I didn't jump or the chalk...I didn't change my socks during a winning streak...I ate the same meal before the game...I got drunk before the game...whatever.

I was watching Hardball, drinking straight tequila, follwing my fantasy team and listening to Big Head Todd and the Monsters..and before I knew it the Broncos had won.

*salute

Muahaha! Glad I will be having company. Perhaps we can play some online poker or something together while the Broncos look like they are getting killed and wind up winning.

Good question
. I like Hornitos.

Alright brah! It is you and me playing some poker...waiting to hear that the Broncos won. And I am not opposed to idea of substituting Big Head Todd for a little Chris LeDeux.

And just think. The entire forum is gonna have us to thank when Manning is raising that Lombardi trophy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
1234567 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

*salute

Good question
. I like Hornitos.

And just think. The entire forum is gonna have us to thank when Manning is raising that Lombardi trophy.

Oh well, that is just a warm fuzzy feeling. We are sacrificing Forum. To bad we won't see the trophy ceremony.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decker played too much baseball.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

That was just embarassing, and to add insult to injury, that's the same drive SD had that pick six.....

Speaking of which, anyone know how Matt Willis butt is ....is it on IR after Manning spit it out ?

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - what a game. I was tempted to quote some of you guys from when we were 24-0 down but that wouldn't be fair, considering I was ripping my hair out at 5.30am this morning whilst watching a recording of the game Laughing

I guess I will start with looking back at my comments pre game :-

lomaxgr wrote:
I am not concerned with Rivers' ability to carv us open. If he does (which he may) then so be it. We have a QB who can go toe for toe with him so that doesn't bother me. My issue is our ability (or inability) to stop Ryan Mathews. He fumbles too much, but I am actually a big fan of his running style. He has an explosive burst through the hole, and can run inside and outside the Tackles. He also has the ability to burn us in the passing game.

If we contain Mathews, we will have a very good chance of winning this game. If we don't, expect a similar game to last Sunday (if not worse because more time will be taken off the clock).

lomaxgr wrote:
I will go out on a limb and say if we stop Mathews, we win this game.

I know this doesn't seem entirely correct based on the comeback and what not, but it really is. If you force 3rd and 5+ against this Charger team with the poor Tackles they have vs our pass rush, you are going to get opportunities for takeaways. Rivers isn't scared of challenging Defence's and I think over the last 2 years he has actually becoming careless with the Football. If you give him 2nd and short he will kill you off Play Action, because despite the fact he is a terrible Head Coach, Norv Turner is an excellent deep ball play designer off Play Action.

We kept Mathews to a very modest performance, forced 3rd downs and reaped the benefits. Here are the downs and distances of Rivers' 5 turnovers outside of garbage time :-

* Leonhard INT - 3rd and 5
* Dumervil sackle fumble (returned for a TD by Carter) - 3rd and 8
* INT to Tony Carter - 3rd and 8
* 1st INT to Chris Harris - 3rd and 7
* 2nd INT to Chris Harris - 2nd and 6

Of Rivers' 5 turnovers whilst the game was relevant, 4 came on 3rd down of 5 yards or more. Stopping Ryan Mathews on 1st and 2nd down was much more of a key to this game than a lot of people will realise.

lomaxgr wrote:
I think there are a lot worse CB's out there than Tony Carter. Granted, Porter probably has better ball skills but I like how 'sticky' and aggressive Carter is on the outside.

I think a bigger issues could be the loss of size on the outside vs Malcolm Floyd. I am sure Carter is at least two inches shorter than Porter and not as good of an athlete, so I expect the Chargers to target that.

Heck of a game from TC. He showed today that he isn't afraid to play man coverage. He played tight man coverage for most of the game and I am so pleased that he showed he can play in the NFL tonight. On the Malcolm Floyd issue - clearly our Coaches felt the same, because Champ was matched up with Floyd all night. Funny how Floyd had quiet night, huh? Rivers isn't normally afraid at taking deep shots on Champ either.

I am really chuffed for Chris Harris too. There is no denying it - he got a beating from Wes Welker last week. There is no shame in it, and he won't be the last to get that type of treatment from maybe the best slot WR of our generation. But he showed today that not only can he matchup with quickness in the slot (LOL at people whining that we let Eddie leave), but he showed he can actually read and run with WR's on the outside too. I noticed early that the Chargers tried to keep us in our base 4-3 to keep Von at SLB and target Harris outside. Soon as they realised that Meachem didn't have the beating of Harris, they went back to their normal Offense.

Obviously, we cannot keep digging a hole for ourselves like that. Special Teams blunders like them just can't happen against rivals on the road and don't be surprised to see Leonhard back there on Punts again next week. It sounds like an excuse, but that kind of a start effects your rhythm on Offense too. It took Manning a while to get to grips with the presnap movement of Eric Weddle, who was having a big impact on the game early. I actually felt our Defense played well in the 1st half. We tried using Mike Adams in man coverage on the TE (Gates this week) again and I am intrigued to see what we did in the 2nd half to take Gates out of the game, because Adams was getting a whooping (WTF was that Personal Foul call all about though ??????)

As for the 2nd half - Manning was just perfect. He threw every ball imaginable and the Chargers simply had no answer for him. We (finally) started to go at Marcus Gilchrist and just like he always does, he crumbled after we successfully passed on him. We (eventually) took advantage of our chances for turnovers and that was that.

I will provide more in depth All 22/endzone analysis on Thursday.

MUFC OK
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, what a game. I just finished watching on my cell while sitting in a lecture. Really had to suppress my excitement. Important win for the team now going on a bye. The first half brought back memories from the last few weeks. I am glad I didn't stop watching as the 24-0 hole almost got me to that point. Carter anf Harris played masterful tonight. I wish we could see Tony on the field some more. He built on his strong showing vs ATL. No need to comment on Peyton. Dreessen's receiving effort in the middle and underneath also shouldn't go unnoticed. He served as a key outlet at times when SD got pressure on Manning. Again, a high impact win.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a game. Has to feel good this morning.

Denver may have single handedly ended the Norv Turner/AJ Smith regime in SD. That was a flop of epic proportions and you have to imagine heads will finally role.

Great win. Enjoy the lead in the AFC West.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

Eric Decker in his ESPN post-game interview wrote:
Sniper shot...
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Denver may have single handedly ended the Norv Turner/AJ Smith regime in SD. That was a flop of epic proportions and you have to imagine heads will finally role.

Classy post palooka. Appreciate it. I'll give it to you, you do come in here win or lose, so I can't hate that.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Classy post palooka. Appreciate it. I'll give it to you, you do come in here win or lose, so I can't hate that.

Yeah I was more expecting him to come in and talk about the "garbage time" win Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All night I was wondering if I was watching the Broncos on MNF or a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.

And my astute wife pointed out that Denver still has the Tebow curse. Terrible first 3 quarters, amazing 4th quarters.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are who I thought they were!

I'm not going to post some big write up about how I said the Chargers were pretenders and how we would destroy them.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut.....

Our defense gave up 7 legitimate points. If you cannot score at least 10 points when you are given the ball twice inside the redzone, you suck. End of story. So obviously them scoring those points doesn't impress me much.

What I'm calling the "Decker's fall, Willis' inexperience, 14 point swing drive" was exactly that. Decker doesn't fall and that puts 7 up for us. If Willis could read a defense, SD doesn't get 7. 14 point swing.

San Diego is a very average team. They beat horrible teams and show their true colors against good ones. This score could have easily been 42-7.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time we've all seen 35 unanswered, Vince Young was taking his Wonderlic.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 44 of 46

Jump to: