Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread Week 6: DEN (2-3) @ SD (3-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
The last time we've all seen 35 unanswered, Vince Young was taking his Wonderlic.

You can't claim something like that without sourcing ...

Fake SportsCenter on Twitter ftw.

MUFC OK
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
The last time we've all seen 35 unanswered, Vince Young was taking his Wonderlic.

You can't claim something like that without sourcing ...

Fake SportsCenter on Twitter ftw.
Embarassed
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Jimmy Hoffa wasn't buried in Giants Stadium.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

Maybe Jimmy Hoffa wasn't buried in Giants Stadium.

Muahahahahahaha!
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys... This was the best game I have ever attended in my life. I cannot speak, I lost my voice from all the yelling! I got all the crap in the 1st half, got hit with an empty cup, they should have at least gave me a beer. Man oh man, hearing the crowd silent in the 2nd half was unbelievable! There were a lot of Bronco fans which you could hear cheering, Manning got an ovation as he left the field!!

From what I could see, we did a hell of a job defending the deep routes, which is what Rivers banks on, epecially on 3rd down. The Chargers were way too predictable, run on 1st, throw 2nd and throw again on 3rd. These refs made some iffy calls both ways. I really like the fight we showed and how we applied pressure on Rivers throughout the night. I liked seeing Decker get more invovled as well as Dreeson. I thought McGahee and Hillman picked up some good blitzes. All in all, those turnovers put us in a bad hole and we overcame them.

Best part of the night was seeing Harris get that pick six. I'm sitting at the 45 yard line behind the Broncos bench, just incredible!

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could have gotten drunk as hell with all you guys last night. What a night, what a win!!!! Let's gooooooooo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doin' the Tebow

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
DILinator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was definitely one of the most exciting Broncos games I've seen in my life, at least as far as the regular season goes! Obviously, I was not a happy camper the first half, but I never gave up the thought that Manning could rally the Broncos, and mentioned that we weren't out of it yet to my dad who happened to be over watching it with me!

I know there was a lot of frustration expressed in this thread during that time, and complaints of the team being mediocre - which was understandable frustration given the game condition, and just how badly play had been going. However, I said before this week, and I'll say again: it's all about the defense gelling, and coming to play with intensity, as well as eliminating the silly turnovers that seen to plague our team. Other than those two areas, I really see this as an elite team guys, and our offense, when Manning has it clicking on all cylinders, is literally unstoppable!

We've whetherd the storm of our brutal first six games, taken the blows from three of the league's best teams as well as a divisional oppoent that usually gives us fits, and sit at 3-3 entering the BYE week, with a much easier schedule ahead of us! I am hoping that the "Tale of Two Halves", as this game should be reffered to, is a spark to really see what we saw in the second half, the rest of the way this season. If so, we could be in for a very fun, and special season this year! Let's just hope for no major injuries, and that the team can keep ironing out it's recurring problems, and sit back and enjoy the show! Very Happy

If you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost...
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great win! Can't remember ever a Denver team stepping it up that much when it counted.

Mentioned it a month or so ago and last night enforced it. We have the best group of CB's this franchise has ever had.

Went back and read every page on this thread (never done that before) and it's a riot. Laughing All I can say is:
The same coaches coached the 1st half as made adjustments for the 2nd.
A game lasts 4 quarters, not 2.
A season is 16 games.

Anyway, what a pleasure. We4're improving every week and at times we're downright scary good on both sides of the ball. Still very inconsistent but we've got another 10 games to work that out. We've got an inside track for the AFC West and finished a brutal 1st 6 games at 3-3.

What more could you ask for? Very Happy
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
What a great win! Can't remember ever a Denver team stepping it up that much when it counted.

Mentioned it a month or so ago and last night enforced it. We have the best group of CB's this franchise has ever had.

Went back and read every page on this thread (never done that before) and it's a riot. Laughing All I can say is:
The same coaches coached the 1st half as made adjustments for the 2nd.
A game lasts 4 quarters, not 2.
A season is 16 games.

Anyway, what a pleasure. We4're improving every week and at times we're downright scary good on both sides of the ball. Still very inconsistent but we've got another 10 games to work that out. We've got an inside track for the AFC West and finished a brutal 1st 6 games at 3-3.

What more could you ask for? Very Happy
People overreact? Never! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
All night I was wondering if I was watching the Broncos on MNF or a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
We get it Palooka, we suck. Now go away.

Didn't say the Broncos suck, they don't. They are average. Couple holes left to fill and if they can do that while Manning is still able to be effective they can get some place.

BP... Come on Man. What is the raiders record again? Alright thats all I wanted to know.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
We get it Palooka, we suck. Now go away.

Didn't say the Broncos suck, they don't. They are average. Couple holes left to fill and if they can do that while Manning is still able to be effective they can get some place.

BP... Come on Man. What is the raiders record again? Alright thats all I wanted to know.

Really MMH? Is that necessary? I don't see where BP is wrong? We are average, or at least we are playing like it. I believe enough in our team to think that we have above average talent, but we play like below average far too often. Mainly turnovers have been killing us, combined with our poor LB play (outside of Von Miller) and we have an average team.

AussieBronco66

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite conceding 24 points, I am actually really pleased with the D yesterday. For most of the game we looked strong and in control. Rivers barely got an opportunity to man-handle the defence and for the most part we covered Gates okay. Our run D was excellent and pressure on the QB in the second half was unmatched. IMO the sight of Rivers jersey ripped is a sign of victory for the D. The way the D created turnovers was excellent. All season I've been waiting for us to start creating turnovers and I thought against Oakland we were going to but instead we did it on the national stage and how impressive did it look. Carter was playing like a man possessed, I reckon he was spurred on by his silly tweet to deliver a game that Colorado would be proud of. Chris Harris continues to grow and grow, we may have another mainstay CB on our hands. The importance of those two last night when the Chargers were literally too scared to throw at Champ was big, and they both stood up big time. The LB's were playing better, the introduction of Trevathan and Irving seemed to inject a little speed and oomf and I actually really liked Trevathan in there. Brooking seemed to calm the D down. The D-Line were quite impressive. Wolfe continued to cause issues, Doom took his chance against a rookie LT and gave him a bath multiple times, Von struggled a little against the double team, with McMichael coming over to help the O-Line against him meant he was only able to be a pressure act and not actually get in the backfield. The two scores on D were huge. The strip-sack from Doom, Ayers doing his best to try and get the ball and then swatting it towards Carter who showed Jim Leonhard how to scoop and score with the best bit being him raising the ball with 15 to go in front of Meachem. The pick-6 from Harris was an excellent way to ice the game, and it was just so much sweeter that it was Rivers as well. The other THREE picks were excellent as well. Leonhard just reefing the ball out of the receivers grasp to get the turnover. Carter being instinctive and knowing to undercut the route and go up and get the ball showed great instinct and Harris' first pick was showed that I reckon he will be something special for us.

As for the offense....well 21 points is never to be laughed at, but to put them up like we did after the 1st half we had, well it was great to see. After the first half I shared Manning's view that it just didnt seem to be our night, especially when Scotch Mist got credited with a tackle on Eric Decker (my exclamation of "god [inappropriate/removed] damn it decker" was probably OTT) and then when Matt Willis didnt change his route...well can you blame me. But as per our season, we came out of HT and dominated. The first drive was so surgical and how about that throw to Thomas. The efforts of McGahee and Hillman to protect Manning was epic and McGahee's block on Spikes where he flips him was gold. The bubble screen to Decker reminded me of a play where Orton bubble-screened to Marshall a couple of years ago, except Decker carried people over the line. Then the toss up to Stokely was epic, I couldn't believe what I had seen. I didn't think he had it in him to go up there like an outside receiver but credit to him he proved me wrong. I reckon Stokely still has some ball left in him this year. The big thing to note out of last night, the OL had no sacks against.

A great win, a historic win, a win I won't forget in a long time, I was having a crap of a day and to come home, sit down, and watch Denver do what they did was just so good.

Bring on the Saints

mess with him at your peril
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really bro? We have had a few rough starts but people come in here bashing the broncos when they don't say anything about their team. Saying we score garbage points and yada yada or we can't handle playoff teams. We need time to gel and become a team. It's just a joke really and BP I apologize for that last statement but nothing else

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 45 of 46

Jump to: