Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raider Watch Mock Draft (Oct.) V.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
^^ First, know i appreciate the points you bring to the discussion so i wasn't trying to discredit any of it. But for me, there's no right or wrong in this argument. What you need to have success is balance. One elite player won't make enough of a difference. You brought up Allen and he's a perfect example. He led the league in sacks last year but the Vikings still couldn't stop anyone from passing all over their terrible secondary. This year they have better CBs and they get results.
Both units (dline and DBs) complement each other. If one is great, you can get by with the other being just average and it works both ways.
And if you're listening to DA's pressers, that's actually a point i've heard him bring up multiple times.

I didnt take offense to your post at all. I honestly had been thinking about the point you brought up, and I appreciate an opportunity to debate a little. You are right though, balance is key. My posts progressively moved more towards "pass rush vs CBs", but the argument stemmed from me saying that having a shutdown CB doesnt work unless you have a good #2 CB and scheme correctly. One of the other posters said thats BS, which is why I brought up all the examples of teams with one elite CB and no good #2 (AZ, DEN, TB, etc) and how none of them have good pass defenses. The teams with the best CBs and a good pass D (going off last year) either had a good #2, a good pass rush, an all-around great D, or some combination (NYJ, KC, PIT, HOU, etc).

You can take out their #1 target, but the good QBs will make up for it with the rest of their options- that was my original point. Good WRs will also eventually get open if their QB has enough time- even against good CBs, and thats why I prefer a defensive line that makes the QB nervous all game long.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: