Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where I stand with Sanchez and the Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GangGreen718

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bad

quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Namath is a HOFer so it should be not that bad.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:

Namath wasn't really that great though. Sanchez isn't playing anywhere near as bad as the others on that list though which is some consolation, and do we really think Tebow's would be higher? Laughing

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

Namath wasn't really that great though. Sanchez isn't playing anywhere near as bad as the others on that list though which is some consolation, and do we really think Tebow's would be higher? Laughing

Your from the Fantasy Football Generation. Watch Namath. an HBO documentry. Dude was a gun slinger, and if todays rules existed to favor the passing game his # would be off the charts.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sanchez apologists are getting ridiculous at this point.

EVERY QB has dropped passes. Every single one. Doesn't stop them from being around at least 62%.

EVERY QB has pressure on him at some point, and the good ones realize when its coming and can make the adjustments. Mark can't.

EVERY QB has players that break open or find the soft spot in coverage and the good ones find their guys open. Mark fails to, or delivers a ball off target.

I understand hes not surrounded by stars. And doesn't have a running game, but hes literally done nothing to elevate the players around him. Mark Sanchez is David Carr. Time to move on.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
ukjets21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

Your from the Fantasy Football Generation. Watch Namath. an HBO documentry. Dude was a gun slinger, and if todays rules existed to favor the passing game his # would be off the charts.

Other QBs from that time have numbers far superior to Namath, I'm not suggesting he was a bad QB. But he isn't quite the all time great that HoF status should indicate.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

EVERY QB has dropped passes. Every single one. Doesn't stop them from being around at least 62%.

EVERY QB has pressure on him at some point, and the good ones realize when its coming and can make the adjustments. Mark can't.

EVERY QB has players that break open or find the soft spot in coverage and the good ones find their guys open. Mark fails to, or delivers a ball off target.

I understand hes not surrounded by stars. And doesn't have a running game, but hes literally done nothing to elevate the players around him. Mark Sanchez is David Carr. Time to move on.

Not a Sanchez apologist but it makes no sense to say hey he's not workin out lets throw the kitchen sink at another QB when you dont make an effort to repair the rest of the scenario. I think it makes far more sense to try to give Sanchez some legit weapons and if he still fails with that at least we will have a foundation to start with another QB rather than giving him absolutely nothing.

Sanchez has his fare share of problems ... but honestly he may have the worst offensive talent around him in the league. Does anyone run at a worse yard per carry avg than us? Our O-Line is nowhere near where it used to be... in fact Mangold is the only one we can even consider impressive anymore as D'Brick has become strictly avg. And currently hes going out there with a 3rd and 4th WR and a 2nd TE + backs who can barely catch and putting up #'s pretty similar to Shaub last week. Put that Scenario up to most of the QBs in the NFL and they arent going to do well and in fact may do worse.

Last night Sanchez made the right reads ... he missed a couple throws but he normally was right about where to go with the ball. Watts Swats cant be on Sanchez ... the guy is a monster. I expect his Completion % to climb once we get Keller back and we can hopefully give him a target hes gonna be comfortable with.

Having Hill back wont hurt either (hope he can catch now though)

Anyway basically ... Sanchez does not equal trash ... and probably could be a workable QB many places in the league. He's probably not going to be elite but he will be good player if we treat him right and make good decisions arming the offense. And I am still of the belief you build a base around him so that if he fails next person in doesnt start out with nothing. Look at Indy they went on a firesale yet still kept someone around like Reggie Wayne.

A combination of bad front office decisions and ... horrible luck with injuries have gotten us into the situation we are in now.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

Not a Sanchez apologist but it makes no sense to say hey he's not workin out lets throw the kitchen sink at another QB when you dont make an effort to repair the rest of the scenario. I think it makes far more sense to try to give Sanchez some legit weapons and if he still fails with that at least we will have a foundation to start with another QB rather than giving him absolutely nothing.

Sanchez has his fare share of problems ... but honestly he may have the worst offensive talent around him in the league. Does anyone run at a worse yard per carry avg than us? Our O-Line is nowhere near where it used to be... in fact Mangold is the only one we can even consider impressive anymore as D'Brick has become strictly avg. And currently hes going out there with a 3rd and 4th WR and a 2nd TE + backs who can barely catch and putting up #'s pretty similar to Shaub last week. Put that Scenario up to most of the QBs in the NFL and they arent going to do well and in fact may do worse.

Last night Sanchez made the right reads ... he missed a couple throws but he normally was right about where to go with the ball. Watts Swats cant be on Sanchez ... the guy is a monster. I expect his Completion % to climb once we get Keller back and we can hopefully give him a target hes gonna be comfortable with.

Anyway basically ... Sanchez does not equal trash ... and probably could be a workable QB many places in the league. He's probably not going to be elite but he will be good player if we treat him right and make good decisions arming the offense. And I am still of the belief you build a base around him so that if he fails next person in doesnt start out with nothing. Look at Indy they went on a firesale yet still kept someone around like Reggie Wayne.

A combination of bad front office decisions and ... horrible luck with injuries have gotten us into the situation we are in now.

You make valid points. However, its on him now. He as the rest of the season to prove he can even be serviceable to this team. I still am of the opinion we need a complete overhaul on offense, and a major retool on defense. Not to mention a potential change in HC and or GM. Sanchez has got to show some consistency the rest of the year or hes going to wind up on the bench next year. But I would much rather weather the storm with him then with Tebow.

jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

You make valid points. However, its on him now. He as the rest of the season to prove he can even be serviceable to this team. I still am of the opinion we need a complete overhaul on offense, and a major retool on defense. Not to mention a potential change in HC and or GM. Sanchez has got to show some consistency the rest of the year or hes going to wind up on the bench next year. But I would much rather weather the storm with him then with Tebow.

Weapons or not... he is still making the same mental mistakes, still missing open receivers, and for some reason can't/wont put any air under his short passes. How is it his WR or OC fault for him getting 3 passes knocked down. His last past to Cumberland was high and behind him. Should he of caught it... keller prob would, but why not just throw him a better pass instead of a sh*tty one.

Sanchez is not the whole problem, but he is not making things any easier. A good QB will make those who are around him better. He makes them worse.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

Weapons or not... he is still making the same mental mistakes, still missing open receivers, and for some reason can't/wont put any air under his short passes. How is it his WR or OC fault for him getting 3 passes knocked down. His last past to Cumberland was high and behind him. Should he of caught it... keller prob would, but why not just throw him a better pass instead of a sh*tty one.

Sanchez is not the whole problem, but he is not making things any easier. A good QB will make those who are around him better. He makes them worse.

Agreed. THats the problem in a nutshell. He has not made any progress on his flaws that hes had since day one, and thats with or without better players around him or a different OC. Hes not going to succeed unless hes got a top 5 OL a stud at RB and 3 solid targets. And at that point he'll still be under 60% but might nto turn the ball over as much. He'll be here next year so I think we should both draft a guy and bring in a kid whose hungry like brady quinn (which I have been saying for 2 years) and have a healthy yet intense competition in camp. Theres not enough of that here. Rex just inflates bad players heads with compliments and allows them to start all year when we know they'e hurting us. As much as I think Sanchez isnt going to ever going to be what he should be as a #5 overall pick, I would much rather see a change in coaching then send Sanchez packing, if it came between the two

Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when people say, "Eli or Rodgers have had injuries around them before and still produced." That's a horribly misleading thing to say. First, Sanchez is no where near either of those two. Sanchez needs the players around him to be productive. Right now he's missing his top-2 WRs, and his favorite target in his starting TE. That'd be like Rodgers missing Jennings, Nelson and Finley. Or Ryan missing White, Jones, and Gonzales. You don't think Ryan would struggle if he didn't have those three to throw to?

Don't get me wrong, Sanchez screws a lot of the opportunities he does get, but he's working with completely patchwork receivers, and a line that can't run block for their life.

So yea, maybe an elite QB would be successful, but outside of four or five humans on the face of the planet, I don't think there's a QB that wouldn't struggle given the circumstances.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

I see what you're saying, but I don't think we pass it as much as you say...I mean, the pass offense lacks playmakers and the offense naturally struggles. The rush offense lacks playmakers too, though. So, really if we're going run-run-run or run-run-pass it doesn't matter...we're still punting on 4th and short.

Sparano was going for huge chunks of yards and sometimes that worked. Sanchez's 14 completions went for an average of 16.4 yards per catch. That's pretty good in the grand scheme of things. We didn't always hit because we're talent deprived. If we had ran the ball more, we're probably punting more often than not because we're talent deprived. Sometimes, and I think this was Sparano's thinking last night, if you know the team your facing is more talented than you are, you have to scheme better than them and gain huge chunks of yardage. I think Sparano did that.

I think if we tried the alternative and ran the ball down their throats, we see a lot of punts and a lot of pedestrian drives. Our OL was simply not in a position to out manhandle the Texans front seven. Not with Mangold hurt. Not with Brandon Moore looking like garbage. Not with Austin Howard at RT.

2 or 3 minutes difference and better field of position.

If all front 7 went in, the run game would be better. If Jets kept running, Texans would stay behind LOS. That is how pass offense should become useful.

Chemistry is the main reason offense struggles. It is Sparano's job to manage to keep mistakes minimal. If you raise the number of plays under duress, you will see more mistakes.

Our running game doesn't scare anyone enough to dedicate seven to stopping the run. Teams aren't even ready to defend the run on every snap and Greene still has under 3 yards a carry. I think where Sparano is really dropping the ball is not giving Powell runs. Then I could see your complaints working. Until Powell beats Greene out for carries, your point, while it makes perfect sense, is a bit moot. It doesn't help us move the ball or improve our field position if the Texans aren't even dedicating men for the run and Greene isn't getting anything but the 2 yards a carry he's used to.

Worst case scenario here: We're 3 & outing for the first few drives to wear down a potent Texans defense. Meanwhile they're very potent offense takes our very average defense down field a few times. Suddenly, we're down 21-3 because we tried to play smash mouth football with a team that's bigger, tougher and stronger than us. At that point it's time to air it out anyways...

Powell. Just because of Greene being a starter does not mean we are stick with him. Go with hot player. If Powell is able to give us at least 4 yards per carry then give him more.

Greene can come back if Powell falters.

Since Jets were not able to score a TD after 1st quarter TD, the argument of 21-3 with Jets relying on smashmouth is not good. Texans owned 17-7 lead at the halftime but it could be 10-10 or 13-10 with either team leads.

Greene led the team with 8 freaking carries in the full game when Powell should touch football at least 10-15 times in first either half or 3 quarters.

Granted, it is difficult to trust the running game against solid run defense but I still think the running game with Powell can help Jets win the game.
Completely agree with all of that. 21-3 was a bit of an exaggeration, but who's to say we even have the 7 points without going deep on those early scoring drives.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think you could replace Sanchez for Aaron Rogers right now, and I still think he wouldn't be able to do much with this offense. Once when Kerly & Schilens are locked down in a play, there were no other options. I'm not mad about losing to playoff caliber teams. But when Keller get back, and Mark is struggling against bad defenses, then I will start doubting him.

But I did like what Mark did after that last game.

Quote:
Sanchez went to Jeff Cumberland in the locker room and said "You played your [inappropriate/removed] off."

It shows that he is not just thinking about himself and Tebow mania. He really think about his other teammates and keeping them up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part I like the way Sparano called the game. The one Tebow hand off to Powell on 3 and 4 was a bad call but for the most part Sparano did his job. I love the way we mixed it up and took some deep shots down field. Not sure way he doesn't call games like that all the time?

Sanchez was ok with what he was working with but could have been better. Missed Cro on the deep ball (Cro was wide open) missed a few other throws (low to Cumberland on the back shoulder) but overall he played good enough to win. Just a few bad breaks really cost us the game.

Love how it was the Texans playing bad that kept us in the game and not us playing well. Love that ESPN bias.

Props to Mack on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: