Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 reload
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
Oh god. This team has come a long way from having to discuss this stuff this early. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they want to spend their time on here, but the timing of this thread honestly agitates me.

Simple solution. Don't read threads like this. It was an obvious thread title.

Personally I'm always interested in what people's views are in improving the team. Historically it's always provided us with a great deal to talk about and this year appears to be a letdown year as they build the team.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSMcTilty wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
Oh god. This team has come a long way from having to discuss this stuff this early. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they want to spend their time on here, but the timing of this thread honestly agitates me.

It's a long two weeks with the bye. Might as well talk about it now when not much else is going on.

I'm always interested in reading people's opinion about the future of the Lions and seeing what mocks they can come up with regardless of how crazy they may be. It's the reason I ended up on this website to begin with. It's even in the tittle... "Footballs Future". Laughing
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE AGENTS

SAFETY JAIRIUS BYRD 60 205, KENNY PHILLIPS 62 208

CORNERBACK BRENT GRIMES 510 180, JASON MCCOURTY 60 183

CENTER/RIGHT GUARD COOPER CARLISLE 65 310, KEVIN BOOTHE 65 320, KORY LICHTENSTEIGER 62 284

LINEBACKER NICK ROACH 61 234

DEFENSIVE TACKLE ALAN BRANCH 66 324, GLENN DORSEY 62 316

PUNTER ???
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
JSMcTilty wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

It's a long two weeks with the bye. Might as well talk about it now when not much else is going on.

I'm always interested in reading people's opinion about the future of the Lions and seeing what mocks they can come up with regardless of how crazy they may be. It's the reason I ended up on this website to begin with. It's even in the tittle... "Footballs Future". Laughing

lol. tittle.
tytalton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two follow up Q's-

How realistic is Jairus Bird as a FA option? (seems to be a better shot of getting him than Moore to me but I don't know...)

Who is the top gun between William Moore and Byrd do you think? (I think I like Byrd better as a FA prospect, plus Moore is on an ATL team that is making noise so he might be hesitant to leave for this situation where things aren't as solid...)
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-sign:

Avril
Delmas
Houston

Sign:

Byrd
Levitre
One of (Grimes, Mcklevin, Porter, Cox)

Don't sign for various reasons:

Long (MIA won't let him go)
Clady (See Long)
Scrabble (Too much)
DRC (See Long)
Jammer (Age)
Talib (Off the field)
Freeney (Age)

If available I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Long/DRC
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
JSMcTilty wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

lol. tittle.

Oh boy. Brick wall
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
JSMcTilty wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

lol. tittle.

Oh boy. Brick wall

Hey, it's a real word. It's the dot above a lower-case i.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
JSMcTilty wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

lol. tittle.

Oh boy. Brick wall

Hey, it's a real word. It's the dot above a lower-case i.

I love tittles.
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenches, trenches, trenches..and safeties...and trenches.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiffleballtony wrote:

What are the chances that Backus or Riaola retire?
ahoda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we keep this thread on topic and continue this discussion on tittles?
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Whiffleballtony wrote:

I think that is something only they can answer. I know many here will say we are a passing team and we are suitable in that facet but we need to be able to run the ball. It would help eat up soft coverage, set up big plays, and help early in games when Stafford ad co start slow.

Defensively, we are not getting it done. It seemed to me that we had similar issues on the dline following that first several weeks. KVB is declining and Avril could be upgrades. LoJack and Young have disappeared as well. This really exposes our back end.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
Anyone know what our cap situation is like if we don't resign anyone that is scheduled to hit FA?

I've been trying to find a projected cap number for 2013 as well and all's I ever keep reading is that the Lions are giong to have to face tough choices with guys Burleson/Riaola/KVB due 4+million, and we also basically have no CB's on the roster after this season. Chris Houston/Louis Delmas should be our main targets to retain.

Then After that it should be pass rushing shopping because Lions are going to likely lose two or more DE's(Maybe both starters) and all the DE's are free agents but Lewis/Vanden Bosch.

Then after that the only starting Lb'er returning is Tulloch and even the main back up Palmer isn't signed. Lions will need to find atleast two LB'ers.

Lions management are going to have to SERIOUS choices to make this next offseason that'll likely make and break them. Should be fun. Razz
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Whiffleballtony wrote:

I think the odds are pretty good that Backus isn't back considering we drafted Reiff. Dom probably is back another year just cause we currently don't have a replacement lined up.

Last I heard though we weren't scheduled to have much more cap room than last season plus Stafford and Suh's contracts are getting to the point that they need to be renegotiated as both are both due something like $20 million next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: