Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raider Watch Mock Draft (Oct.) V.3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Raider Watch Mock Draft (Oct.) V.3 Reply with quote

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 2013 Oakland Raiders ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Bottom Power Rankings:
32) Cleveland Browns – Geno Smith
The Browns are poorly coached, have few play makers on offense and boast one of the highest strength of schedules. These will all be major contributors to the Browns finishing the season with the poorest record in the NFL. Geno Smith has jettisoned himself to the top of the Heisman race and the consensus top pick. The Browns have been purchased by a new owner and Holmgrem and his staff have incurred an abundance of risk as collectively they are in a must win now situation a la HueJax 2011. The new owner will want to begin his tenure will HIS QB and there will be a ground swell of pressure to select the explosive Smith.

31) Jacksonville Jaguars – Matt Barkley
Gabbert has regressed to the point that his psyche may be unsalvageable. Drafting Barkley gives the fan base hope and Gabbert could provide quality depth as he develops without pressure.

30) Kansas City – Jarvis Jones
If Romeo survives Jones will become the QBotF on defense. As a defensive HC Romeo will hang his hat on defense if he can’t get the offensive player he needs.

29) Oakland Raiders get: Miami 8th & 40th
There are two teams with multiple high picks, the Rams with two 1sts and Miami with two potentially high 2nds. Both of these teams will be very interested in an elite WR target to pair with their young QB. Justin Hunter, who is an exceptional athlete, will surpass Keenan Allen with an impressive combine performance. Miami is more likely than the conservative Fisher to move up but McKenzie will use the other team as leverage to spark trade interest.

24) Miami Dolphins get: Raiders 4th

Potential 2013 Coaching Pool:
Norv Turner SD HC
Hal Hunter SD OC
Brian Daboll KC OC
Pat Shurmur CLV HC
Brad Childress CLV OC
Andy Reid PHI HC
Marty Morinhenwig PHI OC – Michael Vick is a coach killer. If Reid finally gets whacked and goes into TV Morinhenwig is my choice for OC in 2013. The Eagles run a wide open WCO & typically draft heavier more physical ZBS OL. When Marty took over the play calling in 2006 & 2007 the Eagles were in the Top 10 in scoring and deployed a more balanced attack.
Jason Garrett DAL HC
Darell Bevell SEA OC
Bob Bradkowski JAX OC
Tony Sparano NYJ OC

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Transactions ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Restructures/Extensions
• QB Carson Palmer: 2013 Hit = $16.9M
• DT/DE Richard Seymour = $16.3M
• FS Michael Huff = $11.3M
• WR DHB = $10.6M
• RB DMC = $8M
• DT Tommy Kelly = $11.099M

Resigned
• CB Ron Bartell
• OLB Phillip Wheeler
• OG Zach Hurd
• TE Brandon Meyers
• OT Khalif Barnes
• FS Matt Giordano
• QB Matt Leinart
• SS Mike Mitchell
• CB Shawntae Spencer
• RB Goodson
• DE Matt Shaughnessy

Unsigned/Cuts
• OLB Aaron Curry
• P Shane Lechler *
• TE Richard Gordon
• OG Lucas Nix
* – 2014 Compensation pick

Free Agency
• PHI OT King Dunlap 6’8” 330lbs (27)

Dunlap has spent the majority of his career as a swing tackle. Solid performance in injury starts earned him the right to openly compete for the starting LT job against FA Demetrius Bell. Although, Dunlap surprisingly won out the facts are the Eagles are loaded at LT with Peters and Bell and Dunlap has been in and out of the lineup with injury. The best the Eagles could do is offer Dunlap swing tackle money. Dunlap, however, will be looking for starters money even if it’s RT. The Raiders need to address two critical areas this off-season, RT & CB. With only one draft in the first two rounds the Raiders would be wise to shore up the weakness at least one of these positions in free agency. Dunlap presents the best value based acquisition at the OT next off-season.
• SEA NT Alan Branch 6’6” 325lbs (28 )

Solid rotational run stopping contributor to a great Seattle DL unit will want to receive starter’s money albeit at a value.

NFL Draft
Round One, #9th Overall
• Dee Milliner l CB l Alabama l ht: 6’1” l wt: 198lbs l 40: 4.36

HC Dennis Allen is a secondary guru and defensive minded leader and cornerback is one of the most pressing weaknesses of the roster. With an aging, fragile secondary all on one-year contracts it’s an area that must be addressed. Hopefully the Raiders will decide to build the secondary around a young physical talent as there will be a number of options in 2013. Amerson, Milliner, Rhodes, Banks or Byndom are all excellent options. With opponents like Manning, Rivers and possibly Barkley all in conference the Raiders would be wise to make the secondary a strength if they wish to compete in the long-term. Historically, the problem with Alabama CBs is that they exclusively play man coverage and struggle backpeddling and grasping zone coverages. This is where Allen needs to work the magic he is known for that didn’t transition from the practice field for DVD.

Stock Analysis: Rising
Imo, Milliner will be the first CB off the board and the Raiders will be picking somewhere in the Top 10 IF the current product on the field holds true to the conclusion of the season. The only real threat to losing Milliner would be Tampa Bay who are nearly as woeful at CB as the Raiders and have no desire to bring the troubled CB Talib back.

Positives:
• Extensive Man Experience
• Performance against elite competition
• Athleticism
Negatives:
• Back Peddling
• Zone
Reminiscent of: Buffalo CB Stephon Gilmore
2013 Outlook: Starting RCB

Round Two, #36th
• Traded to Cincinnati as part of the 2012 Carson Palmer trade

Round Two, #40 Overall
• Cornellius “Tank” Carradine l l Florida State l ht: 6’4” l wt: 265lbs l 40: 4.75

Watch Carradine Highlights Here b/c GifSoup Sucks Right Now

Tank Carradine signed with FSU as a highly touted JUCO recruit who stepped into the starting lineup when Brandon Jenkins went down with a season ending injury and the defense has not missed a step. Carradine isn’t as quick off the ball as Jenkins nor is he as explosive through contact, however, he has been able to maintain excellent pressure consistently. Carradine, who has good size/speed ratio, would be a quicker speedier option off the edge than Houston in obvious passing situations. Seriously, Carradine isn’t an instant solution but he is a worthy gamble that could actually be a solid contributor after developing in an NFL program for an entire season.

Stock Analysis: Slowly Rising
There are very few true 43 front DEs in the 2013 draft. Carradine’s stock will receive a small bounce because FSU should be in the title picture and he should be the second true 43 DE off the board after MSU’s Gholston. Imo, eventually Carradine’s stock will settle somewhere in the top half of the second round.

Strengths:
• Very good but not great agility & athleticism
• Size/Speed Ratio
Weaknesses:
• Strength
• Not very stout in run defense
Reminiscent of: OAK DE Matt Shaughnessy
2013 Outlook: Situational DE

Round Three, #68st Overall
• Joe Fauria l TE l UCLA l ht: 6’7” l wt: 255lbs l 40: 4.82

TE is a glaring weakness for the Raiders. Meyers is serviceable albeit not a game changer or a mismatch, Gordon is little more than a blocking TE and Ausberry is still learning the position. An emerging Ausberry could be paired with Fauria to create a formidable double tight package.

Stock Analysis: Rising
Although, “Big Joe” is currently ranked as a late round prospect I believe that as the collegiate season progresses Fauria’s stock will experience a slow steady rise settling in the 3rd. In UCLA’s pistol offense, which doesn’t utilize a TE, Fauria will have plenty of opportunities to develop his route running as a WR but he needs to develop as a run blocker if he wants to stay on the field on all downs. As a 6’7” mismatch Fauria’s stock will definitely pick up steam if he has a solid combine.

Strengths:
• Length
• Athleticism
• Mismatch
Weaknesses:
• Run Blocking
• Needs to Add Muscle
• Top End Speed
Reminiscent of: Jax TE Marcedes Lewis
2013 Outlook: Starting TE

Round 4, #113th Overall
• Gabe Jackson l OG l Mississippi State l ht: 6’4” l wt: 320lbs l 40: 5.34

Gabe Jackson Highlights (If you know ZBS you’ll be impressed by the cut blocking clinic on display)

Gabe Jackson is considered the consummate ZBS LG in the draft. While the Raiders specifically drafted Bergstorm to shore up the LG position he has yet to show he is comfortable switching from the right and was unable to beat out journeyman OG Carlisle. Whether Bergstrom is able to beat out rookie Jackson or not the overall depth along the interior of the OL will be improved with this draft selection. As Jackson matures and gains strength he could become more aggressive forming a formidable combination of talent and nastiness.

Stock Analysis: Holding
While Jackson has suspect conditioning he does possess the natural agility and flexibility that the NFL will find intriguing. The reason Jackson is graded lower than his abilities may indicate is that his play lacks explosion and violence. As a finesse player Jackson is best suited in a ZBS.

Positives:
• ZBS experience
• Athleticism
Negatives:
• Aggression & Explosion
• Conditioning
2013 Outlook: Eventual starting LG

Round 5, #145th Overall (*May be part of a conditional trade with Seattle for OLB Aaron Curry)
• Bildi Wreh-Wilson l CB l Connecticut l ht: 6’1” l wt: 190lbs l 40: 4.48

Blidi Wreh-Wilson Highlights

BWW is an interesting story, in only one season of varsity HS football BWW was able to land a UConn scholarship by displaying excellent athleticism while playing both offense and defense. After red shirting his freshman year at UConn, BWW eventually became the cornerstone of the secondary and a defensive captain. However, BWW has yet to remain durable enough to complete a season.

If the Raiders go BPA McKenzie could very well decide to draft a developmental project for a depleted secondary that could potential reap an exponential return. Let me make a comparison between BWW and a former developmental project in DVD. Both DVD and BWW had little experience to go with an abundance of athleticism. The difference is that BWW became a 2 years starter and a team leader albeit at a much less recognized school. DVD never had sole possession of a starting position at an elite school. Getting ON the field is what is most important for a player to develop awareness. BWW is physical and has an excellent size/speed ratio while DVD has a maxed out sprinter’s frame. Lastly, BWW actually has film (although not all of it good) while DVD never accumulated enough reps in college to make a highlight reel.

Stock Analysis: Falling
While BWW possesses excellent size/speed ratio and prototypical NFL CB size he has of yet to display enough durability to complete a season in his very short career. If BWW isn’t healthy enough to perform at the NFL combine he very well might go UDFA.

Positives:
Leadership
• Prototypical Stature
• Athleticism
• Excellent size/Speed Ratio
• Willing Tackler/ Physical
Negatives:
• Durability
• Limited Football Experience
2013 Outlook: Special Teams

Round 6, #177th Overall
• Brad Sorensen l QB l Southern Utah (via BYU) l ht: 6’4” l wt: 235lbs l 40: 4.96

Displays gutsy leadership skills. Classic over-achiever with limited abilities.

Positives:
Leadership
• Pocket Awareness
Negatives:
• Long Release
• Lobbing Long Ball
Reminiscent of: AZ QB John Skelton
2013 Outlook: Practice Squad

Round 7, #209th Overall
• Marcus Coker l RB/FB l Stone Brook (via Iowa) l ht: 5’11” l wt: 230lbs l 40: 4.59

This bruising runner left Iowa amid allegations of sexual assault that were later dropped. Coker cited a lack of support from the university as the catalyst for his transfer request as well as a desire to play closer to home. One season at Stoney Brook and I’m guessing Coker will throw his name in the hat for the NFL draft. Iowa basically runs a prostyle WCO so Coker could come in as the CoP in Oakland. It should noted Coker does have a fumbling problem.

Positives:
• Stiff Arm
• Yards After Contact
Negatives:
• Fumbling
Reminiscent of: Former TB RB Mike Alstott
2013 Outlook: Practice Squad

UDFA
• Devon Kennard l DE/OLB l Southern Cal l ht: 6’3” l wt: 250lbs l 40: 4.72

Kennard has been the victim of misfortune. In 2011, Kennard under performed as he played out of position at MLB. This season Kennard seemed primed to break out as he was switched back to his more natural position of DE when he tore a pectoral muscle in the weightroom. Having an unspectacular collegiate resume, Kennard could very likely go undrafted in 2013.

OFFENSE
WR – Moore, Ford, Hagan
TE – Fauria , Meyer, Ausberry
RT – Dunlap , Barnes
RG – Brisiel, Hurd
OC – Wisniewski
LG – Jackson, Bergstrom
LT – Veldheer, Smith
WR – DHB, Streater, Criner
RB – DMC, Goodson, Jones
FB – Reece
QB – Palmer, Leinart, Pryor

DEFENSE
RDE – Shaughnessy, Tollefson
DT – Seymour, Bryant
NT – Williams, Kelly
LDE – Houston, Carradine
WLB – Burris, Clayton
MLB - McClain, Goethel
SLB – Wheeler, Kennard
RCB – Bartell, Spencer, Hanson
SS – Branch, Mitchell
FS – Huff, Giordano
LCB - Milliner, Lee, Adams

SPECIAL TEAMS
K – Janikowski
P – King
LS – Condo
macklemore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A+ for effort.

I like what you did, but a mock this soon? Way, way, way too early.

And you forgot about DC's in the coaching pool, Jason Tarver has been terrible.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
A+ for effort.

I almost added a reasons why you won't like this mock section:
- too early
-has a trade

Tarver is an inexperienced 1st time NFL coordinator but he isn't the problem. The lack of a true NT is, the interior combo of TK + Seymour has never worked in relation to run defense. period. Where are those whose said TK could play NT? (Doclew) 71st ranked DT.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice presentation as always

i think milliner benefits from the great defense if i had to take a cb that early id take david from ncstate.

like tank

dont really like the te pick right there think we can get more value
we def need a OG but im hoping bresiel and bergtrom can show something

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't throw big money to King or Branch, but if they come cheap I'm fine with them.

Marthy Morinhenwig would be welcomed as OC on my half...He was rumored to be in our HC mix, so could be an option with RM.

I would love the trade down...

You say Milliner is mainly a man CB. So why pick him if we change the man to a zone scheme...What up with Rhodes??

I don't know the other draft picks yet, so can't really comment on them...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it all except the first pick. There is literally no reason to go CB first. I know it's the biggest need but the value isn't there. Not at all.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
A+ for effort.

SMH....... yup, has nothing to do with the fact he has no talent and lost both his starting CBs to injury. That couldn't play a role at all. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
macklemore wrote:
A+ for effort.

SMH....... yup, has nothing to do with the fact he has no talent and lost both his starting CBs to injury. That couldn't play a role at all. Rolling Eyes

Possibly. But I am willing to give Tarver a pass no matter what. I like his philosophy and energy. I think once the players execute what he is saying and teaching we will be fine. With that said this is his first year as a DC and he has lots of learning to do. Allen's defense didnt look that great the first half of the season last year either and they kept improving. Knapp on the other hand has had several chances and while I am willing to let this year play out he shouldnt need an extra year.

Pat Shurmer might be a more realistic and a good option for OC. Been in WC offense for years and was an OL himself. He has done well with the players he was dealt in St Louis.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

i think milliner benefits from the great defense if i had to take a cb that early id take david from ncstate.

like tank

Do you even watch college football? Amerson has been a joke. He gave up FOUR TDs against Miami. And a game winner if you count the 5th TD when he was in zone and lost sight of the man coming into his zone.

Amerson has had lapses in coverage all season. Tennessee torched him twice on long TDs.

My guess is, you read he led the NCAA w/ 13 picks in 2011 and bought in. But he's been anything but spectacular this season. He's been downright putrid.

He needs a lot of refinement. I would cringe spending a 1st round pick on him because you don't know who you are getting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

like tank

Do you even watch college football? Amerson has been a joke. He gave up FOUR TDs against Miami. And a game winner if you count the 5th TD when he was in zone and lost sight of the man coming into his zone.

Amerson has had lapses in coverage all season. Tennessee torched him twice on long TDs.

My guess is, you read he led the NCAA w/ 13 picks in 2011 and bought in. But he's been anything but spectacular this season. He's been downright putrid.

He needs a lot of refinement. I would cringe spending a 1st round pick on him because you don't know who you are getting.

What about Rhodes and Banks??
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

like tank

The thing about Amerson is that he is a gambler. He reminds me a ton of Asante Samuel. While I love Asante's ball skills he will make you pull your hair out.

We both really like Tank but I'm not as high on his run defense, leverage and hand usage. He just needs to get stronger he shouldn't be getting pushed around as big as he is. Also I noticed you have him running in the low 4.6 range which I think might be his best time, iirc, not his game speed. Tank has decent speed but he doesn't have elite quick twitch burst. If the Raiders do trade back and intend on staying in a 43 they MUST get either Gholston or Tank. Gholston would be a dream just because of his upside.

TEs are like big men in NBA basketball. The game is no longer played inside out but merely having the presence of a big man creates space for other players. Fauria, who is a Notre Dame transfer, is extremely athletic. I believe that once his athleticism is on display at the combine his stock will rise exponentially. I like Eifert, Sims but they will be long gone of the TEs that will be left I think Fauria has more upside. I don't know anything about Feidorowicz. Give me options like you did above.

I would LOVE to get Dallas Thomas who will play LG in the NFL but he may go late 1st which would be too much of a luxury for a team with many holes. Please check him out if you already haven't.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

like tank

Havnt seen Banks play but Rhodes looks like a top CB to me. Poyner is a good 2nd/3rd round guy who is on an upward trend. And I like Trufant as a 2nd/3rd guy as well. He is interesting because teams avoid him so its hard to gauge his skill, however when he has been tested he has come through on top. Not to mention the bloodlines.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
I wouldn't throw big money to King or Branch, but if they come cheap I'm fine with them.

Marthy Morinhenwig would be welcomed as OC on my half...He was rumored to be in our HC mix, so could be an option with RM.

I would love the trade down...

You say Milliner is mainly a man CB. So why pick him if we change the man to a zone scheme...What up with Rhodes??

I don't know the other draft picks yet, so can't really comment on them...

The value associated with King and Branch is the point. Anyone making a mock adding some big named addition is dreaming.

Milliner is one of the few CBs from Alabama that I believe has the athleticism and intelligence that can actually pick up zone schemes.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

I love Banks but one of the things that I love about Milliner over all other CBs in this draft is his willingness to be physical in run support.

Rhodes has a gimpy knee, which still isn't right, and also doesn't have a ton of experience with zone.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

like tank

and our last sure fire cant miss first rounders have been all stars right?
gallery, dmac, rolo etc

imo he has a prime time like skill set and great ball skills yea he got torched a few times in tenn but their qb and wrs are all going in the first and he bounced back ok. i like the fact that he is playing well on a no-name defense with little to none help so you get to see the good and the bad. being on a good team can hide alot of flaws that come up in the pros.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: