Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PFFs Top/Bottom 5 by Position (Final Regular Season Ranking)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

updated through week 10

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not big Cardinals fans, I see.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: PFFs Top/Bottom 5 by Position (Updated Through Week 10) Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
3-4 DE

Best
1. JJ Watt (His grade is higher than #2, #3 and #4s grades combined.)
2. Muhammad Wilkerson
3. Calais Campbell
4. Justin Smith
5. Jason Hatcher

Wilkerson moving up. Cool
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler Jones went from #2 to out of the top 5 completely after one bad game?

Ouch.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller's rating is better than the #2 #3 #4 #5 and #6 OLB's ratings combined..that's crazy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller doin work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:

And wheeler is way up there. Nice move by Oakland. Finally a real gm!

Not sure where his rating is coming from, tbh. If the Phillip Wheeler I'm watching every week is a top 5 OLB, it doesn't say a lot about the quality of OLBs in the league this year.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Worst
1. D'Anthony Batiste (ARZ) (-38.8 grade is worst on PFF)
2. Demetress Bell (PHI)
3. Bobby Massie (ARZ)
4. Michael Harris (SD)
5. Willie Smith (OAK)

This makes me oh so happy. No longer do we have the two worst tackles in the league.

Also makes you wonder that if Arizona has two of the five worst OLB's in the league, one of the five worst ILB's and one of the five worst DE's in the NFL.

How on earth are they still ranked among the top 10 in numerous different defensive rankings.

I mean 36% of their defense is among the five worst players at that positon. Do Campbell and Washington make that much of a difference?

(The answer here is rather obvious people who go out and do their job play in play out without being flashy. I am talking playing gap control, sealing the edge, redirecting in the running game, allowing someone else to create pressure in the passing game, they get graded 0 for every play they do really well, and then a big time negative grade for the one play they miss on, thus they end up with something like a -16 grade for the season, and in reality they might have missed 30 assignments all year, the same can be said for a CB who is thrown at once during a game. He maintains perfect coverage for the say ~500 times he is in coverage during the year, but misses on say 5 or 6 plays all season, those end up in TD's. So say this guy is thrown at 6 times for 60 yards and 6 TD's across an entire season, he likely ends up with a grade of -6 to -12 for the season (Perfect coverage away from the throw is categorically ignored) he probably ends up among the lower end of CB's according to the PFF grade, but in reality he is probably one of the most sought after CB's in the NFL.)

Quote:
Best
1. Darryl Washington
2. Derrick Johnson
3. DeMeco Ryans
4. Patrick Willis
5. Bobby Wagner

Only one thing a boy can do at a time like this.....Strut.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Quote:
Worst
1. D'Anthony Batiste (ARZ) (-38.8 grade is worst on PFF)
2. Demetress Bell (PHI)
3. Bobby Massie (ARZ)
4. Michael Harris (SD)
5. Willie Smith (OAK)

This makes me oh so happy. No longer do we have the two worst tackles in the league.

Also makes you wonder that if Arizona has two of the five worst OLB's in the league, one of the five worst ILB's and one of the five worst DE's in the NFL.

How on earth are they still ranked among the top 10 in numerous different defensive rankings.

I mean 36% of their defense is among the five worst players at that positon. Do Campbell and Washington make that much of a difference?

(The answer here is rather obvious people who go out and do their job play in play out without being flashy. I am talking playing gap control, sealing the edge, redirecting in the running game, allowing someone else to create pressure in the passing game, they get graded 0 for every play they do really well, and then a big time negative grade for the one play they miss on, thus they end up with something like a -16 grade for the season, and in reality they might have missed 30 assignments all year, the same can be said for a CB who is thrown at once during a game. He maintains perfect coverage for the say ~500 times he is in coverage during the year, but misses on say 5 or 6 plays all season, those end up in TD's. So say this guy is thrown at 6 times for 60 yards and 6 TD's across an entire season, he likely ends up with a grade of -6 to -12 for the season (Perfect coverage away from the throw is categorically ignored) he probably ends up among the lower end of CB's according to the PFF grade, but in reality he is probably one of the most sought after CB's in the NFL.)

Quote:
Best
1. Darryl Washington
2. Derrick Johnson
3. DeMeco Ryans
4. Patrick Willis
5. Bobby Wagner

Only one thing a boy can do at a time like this.....Strut.

Grading systems is certainly flawed, but are you suggesting that you don't think Massie and Batiste are some of the worst tackles in the NFL?

JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness do I love Eric Weddle. Such a beast.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Grading systems is certainly flawed, but are you suggesting that you don't think Massie and Batiste are some of the worst tackles in the NFL?

No. The Worst, maybe not, but I have not seen all 64 starting tackles.

I do know that for some reason they gave a huge negative grade to Nate Potter (-3.5ish) vs Green Bay when he did a pretty good job overall on the day, maybe that grade came from two poor plays, but then, does that say that the grading scale relies on a big sample size? And if that is what it says, what use are single game grades which PFF seem to swear by. The fact that one poor play can turn a game with upwards of 65 snaps from a +1 grade to a -1 grade is stupid to me.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer above Ware for a 3rd week in a row despite him jumping offsides while Ware had 3 pressures, 2 hits, 3 TFLs and a .5 sack to Spencer's. 5 sack and 1 FF

Sig courtesy of mack.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Mathis should be on there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

No. The Worst, maybe not, but I have not seen all 64 starting tackles.

I do know that for some reason they gave a huge negative grade to Nate Potter (-3.5ish) vs Green Bay when he did a pretty good job overall on the day, maybe that grade came from two poor plays, but then, does that say that the grading scale relies on a big sample size? And if that is what it says, what use are single game grades which PFF seem to swear by. The fact that one poor play can turn a game with upwards of 65 snaps from a +1 grade to a -1 grade is stupid to me.

I think that is what they do, and your right that is certainly idiotic. In fact it baffles me if they actually did do that, would it not make more sense to have a grading system like this (still following their -2 to 2 per play)

Snap 1: 0
Snap 2: 0
Snap 3: .1
Snap 4: .2
Snap 5: -0.6

So if PFF does do the aforementioned method then this player would finish up with a -0.3 grade, what I would do though is after adding everything up and getting -0.3 I would divide by the snaps played (5) and would give that player a -0.06 grade for the game. Honestly if they don't do it the way I suggested then that really is foolish of them because grading on average would be a much better way then having grades ruined or made by 1 or 2 bad/good plays.

JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIB, do you have coverage stats for safeties? I'd be interested to see Weddle's and the other top safeties.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 24 of 39

Jump to: