Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perfundle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Half of his yards came off of 4 completions.

That's an interesting stat. In Flynn's masterpiece against Detroit, half of his yards came off of 5 completions. And one of those was Grant's screen pass that went 80 yards. I can't remember the circumstances of Flynn's other long completions, but all of Wilson's long completions were entirely through the air.

Yes, Flynn had a lot more yards, but he also had a lot more plays to get those yards. They had identical 10.9 yards per attempt. Neither had much of a run game to help them (roughly 25 rushes for about 3.3 yards per rush).

Flynn drove the Packers to 6 touchdowns, two turnovers (both on him) that led to 10 points, one successful field goal (drive stalled on three Flynn passes), one missed field goal (end of first half), and four punts (all three-and-outs) against a bad defense in a crucial regular season game.

Wilson drove the Seahawks to 3 touchdowns, two turnovers (one on him) that led to 6 points, one successful field goal (drive stalled on three Lynch runs), and four punts (three three-and-outs) against a bad defense in a meaningless regular season game.

So if you divide Flynn's game by two, you pretty much get Wilson's game, with two less punts and somewhat more accuracy, but also with much better receivers and probably much better play-calling. Of course it would be harder to get those numbers with the defense keying on the pass more, but the stats are much closer than I would've thought.
Perfundle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Now that I've read every page of this thread (I actually care what you people have to say)

SaveourSonics wrote:
I doubt you hear anyone in this forum say we won because of Wilson's play.

Well...
Quote:
RW had his coming out party today and led us to this win!!!

Quote:
Great win!! Russell came through big time~
Defense delivered when it counted also, huge game by Wagner.

Quote:
This is Russell Wilson's breakout game. He fought back from behind and won us the game.
His tendency to run out of the pocket still gets to me, but he is getting a lot better in that regard.

Quote:
Well that was the Russell Wilson I've been waiting for.
Although he had a couple of throws where he should have turned the ball over, I like that Russ was able to sling the ball but also not cause turnovers at the same time.

Quote:
Finally had a QB that could win us the game, running game was bad today.

Quote:
and another thing, Wilson is a winner... There's just no getting around it.

Quote:
What the heck is up with Wilson and playing at home? Dude makes magic happen no matter how good or bad he is playing up till the 4th quarter.

Quote:
Thoughts on the game: Russell Wilson is a winner, dude just gets it done. I know he's not perfect, but if someone is still denying his spot as a starting NFL QB now they just hatin, cuz the evidence is starting to mount in his favor.

Quote:
Wilson really impressed me today, and it's clear that he outplayed Tom.

And some of these were not even Seahawks fans. To be entirely objective, I included all criticisms of Wilson those posters gave, but all of those criticisms, except for yours, were tempered with the expectation/hope that he is improving.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um. He is improving and this was his best game. I said that in my long overview post last night (at least I think I did). But just because he's improving doesn't mean he's not continuing to hold us back.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russel Wilson sucks...you guys would be better off trading for Jimmy Clausen than starting this bum.
"A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear"
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Russel Wilson sucks...you guys would be better off trading for Jimmy Clausen than starting this bum.

Trolling at its best. Laughing

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Trolling at its best. Laughing

Laughing Wink
"A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear"
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if we can make it to the postseason, we will be very dangerous. With Russell Wilson improving each week, I think that by the postseason, we might be winning because of him. And with this defense, that could be scary. Also I think that the bigger the stage the better Wilson will perform, so in the playoffs, he would play lights out.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfundle wrote:
And some of these were not even Seahawks fans. To be entirely objective, I included all criticisms of Wilson those posters gave, but all of those criticisms, except for yours, were tempered with the expectation/hope that he is improving.
You included zero of my posts on Russell Wilson

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
BBIB wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
BBIB wrote:
So what are the Russell Wilson haters saying now?

I know there are quite of few of you Seahawks fans who were staunch critics of Russell Wilson basically saying he would never amount to anything.

My stance hasn't changed. I still think this team is better with Matt Flynn as QB.

Russell WIlson as a rookie beat out Matt Flynn fair and square. Despite Flynn having the experience and the money which is why a tie would have gone to him.

So what would Russell Wilson have to realistically do to prove he deserves to be the starter?

1. No he didn't. The competition was clearly bias from the get-go and, sorry, but anyone that disagrees with that isn't looking at it objectively. Flynn was handcuffed every time he was put in.

2. He could start by being the reason we win, rather than us winning in spite of him.

QB has over 300 yards passing 3 TDs and no interceptions and you won in spite of him

287 yards

we definitely didn win in spite him though

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Russel Wilson can learn to step up in the pocket consistently, the Hawks do have the weapons to field a really frightening offense. He had a lot of throws yesterday that he just flat-out should have made and easily could have made if he wasn't rolling out and throwing off balance. His line was caught holding quite a few times because he rolled out when they weren't expecting him too.

He's got a buttload of potential, he's just gotta be more consistent.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
If Russel Wilson can learn to step up in the pocket consistently, the Hawks do have the weapons to field a really frightening offense. He had a lot of throws yesterday that he just flat-out should have made and easily could have made if he wasn't rolling out and throwing off balance. His line was caught holding quite a few times because he rolled out when they weren't expecting him too.

You usually get a lot more yards taking off up the middle too if your going to scramble...just too many bonuses to be had if he stays in the pocket. Sacks usually take away less yards in the pocket as well.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
- You guys hear that Brady said he was going to make the Seattle fans boo their own team by the time he was done with them?

Sorry to disappoint you on this, just a classic headline not fitting the actual quote kind of story.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2012/10/11/tom-brady-wants-to-make-the-12th-man-boo-their-own-seahawks/

Quote:
“It’s always nice when you take 53 guys on the road and you say, ‘This is all we’ve got and this is all we need and this is what we have to do,’” he said. “And see 70,000 fans, if you can keep them quiet or turn them on their own team. I think that’s an exciting part for road teams.”

So, just some generic stuff about what any football player would say travelling away.

Ya, this was some bogus media driven hype. Manufacturing a story when they feel they need more drama in the game. Nothing Brady said was actually directed towards the Seahawks. It was a generic statement about what every player feels when they go on the road to play a game in the NFL. If the Seahawk players feel a need to manufacture their own motivation by taking spinning quotes like this into emotions then so be it, but I think it's kinda sad that in this day and age more people, especially athletes, are so ignorant to the kinds of psychological games the media members try to play with them. They constantly fall for this garbage, in the same way the refs fall, hook-line-and sinker for the constant whining and badgering they are subjected to from the coaches and players.

Agree completely. Brady always goes out of his way to compliment the other teams and hype them up to be the second coming of the dynasty Niners. He's a BB drone in that regard. I'm sure he talks some trash on the field, he's human and every player in the history of the world has talked some smack at some point.

But it's just hilarious hearing how 1. some people actually believe the headlines and 2. some people are trying to pain Brady as this arrogant bully. He's always been an incredibly humble player, especially considering how much success he's had. Stats, championships and Gisele freaking Bundchen and I've never heard him gloat.

Anyways, good game. Really disappointed in how the Patriots executed at the end of the game but your run defense was extremely impressive. By far the best rush defense we've seen this year.

Now that you guys got a better chance to see Chandler, do any of you have any difference of opinion on him, or still the same thoughts? The notion someone tried to give that I was saying he was Reggie White was a bit excessive, but he was effective as a pass rusher and strong against the run the entire game.

Actually you're dead wrong on this. I saw the interview. On more than one occasion Brady spoke about how he wanted this to happen. If he's going into Jacksonville he doesn't say this..It's the fact that we are known for our great fans and loud stadium. I don't blame him, and without the excessive showing up and taunting he wouldn't have got a rise out of the players and fans.

If you say, "I want the fans to boo them..." Or "I love it when it's the end of the game and there's more of our fans out there then the home team." AND THEN you go taunt the crowd in your building...I think you're setting yourself up for some music once you actually lose.

Brady had two occasions to ice the game away which resulted in two straight 3 and outs..Russell Wilson and the Hawks showed the killer instinct on that day.

"We all we got, we all we need"
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Um. He is improving and this was his best game. I said that in my long overview post last night (at least I think I did). But just because he's improving doesn't mean he's not continuing to hold us back.

He led nearly the entire league in passer rating this week (only a point behind a 6 TD performance of Rodgers). Give me a bleeping break.

I actually didn't think there were any of you left...

even Hugh Millien who has been probably the biggest critic of Wilson had glowing remarks after Sunday.

outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Absolutely nothing to argue with here..It's all spot on.

He has progressed significantly in his first few starts. I think he will continue to progress. Warren Moon said that was his main advice to Russell. "Climb the pocket". No one in the NFL does this better than Drew Brees.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He led nearly the entire league in passer rating this week (only a point behind a 6 TD performance of Rodgers). Give me a bleeping break.

I actually didn't think there were any of you left...

even Hugh Millien who has been probably the biggest critic of Wilson had glowing remarks after Sunday.

C'mon, let's not pretend like he was perfect or that the offense really even looked good. We had 10 points in the first 50 minutes! I can think of several plays off-hand that are directly on him. He continues to bail out of the pocket too early and he continues to struggle seeing the entire field. I don't know when Wilson became this player that we couldn't critique.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42

Jump to: