Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND AFTER THE GAME

A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this what you do? This is how you enter GDT's?

Please go back to your own, how you managed to post more gifs than words is beyond me. We got some game-talk waitin for you when you're ready to come back though

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got a laugh out of the oP, that's the point of it Very Happy

Here NBT,

Would you mind holding that under your face during the game so I can collect all of your tears and sip them afterward through a bendy straw? Thanks, you're a peach Mr. Green
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

Please go back to your own, how you managed to post more gifs than words is beyond me. We got some game-talk waitin for you when you're ready to come back though

DOWN BOY, DOWN! NBT is one of the good ones. And we welcome any form of pregame trash talk Mr. Green
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what our defense is about to do to poor little Tommy Boy.

NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

O WUT

Ya'll needa get used to this!

A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya this is going to be a tough game to win. The offense is going to have to put up at least 28 points and go +3 in TO's to win this game. I don't know who is going to cover Welker, he has been on fire ever since Belichick got over his petty little grudge and started playing him again. Our D is hard, but the Pats specialize in the quick passing game which has been our achilles heel this year. PC and Bradley better have some new wrinkles to try and get Tom Brady off his game. Hopefully, a lot of pressure up the middle, that's the only way I've seen to disrupt Brady's rhythm. If we can't do that, he'll walk up and down the field on our D. What makes it harder now is that the Pats have a run game that is forcing teams to stay honest and play the run. We have shown we can wipe out the run game, but what will that do to our pass D? The Rams slapped us around using a poor man's Wes Welker, in Danny Amendola, now that the Pats have seen that tape, they will try to exploit that weakness. Ultimately, I don't think we have the offensive firepower at this time to get the job done. Marshawn might have to go for 200+ yards and 3 TD's in addition to the winning the turnover battle. That way we're chewing up yards, clock and scoring TD's not just settling for FG's. The Pats aren't invincible, but they are playing great. We'll see what the game brings, but I'm not real optimistic about this one. Too many things have to go right for the 'Hawks to win.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why the offense HAS to score 28. We haven't allowed more than 20 points all season and the Patriots put up less than that, at home, against the Cardinals who are a statistically worse defense than us (though obviously not by much).

I think it's very possible this is a 17-14 game or something of the likes.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New England doesn't have that impressive of a pass rush and their corners safeties are not big physical beasts. Seattle can exploit this D with time in the pocket (which against New England they can get) and passes to the outside and middle to Miller who seems to make his money with 20-30 yard routes over middle. I'd say if Seattle calls the right game Miller has a breakout 100 yard game and a TD.

If Carroll/Bevell open the gates on this offense (which they wont because it's New England) I think we can put up over 20. Wilson needs to throw it up to Tate and Rice who constantly go get balls and ignore the short middle of the field against what I think their talent resides.

On the flip side, Patriots WILL abuse the middle of the field because that's where Seattle's been somewhat weak all year and they have the perfect offense to do it with the tight ends and Welker. Lloyd will do nothing in the game.

I'll go 24-10 Pats. I'd like Seattle to win (dur) this but I have not seen ANYTHING from Bevell that makes me think he can call the right plays against the Pats D. Seattle will run quite a bit (favors Pats) and Wilson will likely be dialed back to look for separation which Seattle's WRs are not meant to do. They are all physical ball grabbers, and Wilson needs to chuck it to them. 6'4" Rice against 5'10" McCourtey. Rice is not getting separation.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Not sure why the offense HAS to score 28. We haven't allowed more than 20 points all season and the Patriots put up less than that, at home, against the Cardinals who are a statistically worse defense than us (though obviously not by much).

That game against the Cards was a month ago, when Belichick was still making a point to Wes Welker and not playing him. This offense has been rolling the last few weeks. Obviously we're going to be one of the best defenses they will face this year, but they put up 30 points against a very good Ravens D a couple weeks later. When Tom Brady gets into a rhythm in that offense, he's very hard to stop. Not to mention that our one weak spot is in the quick pass game. Wes Welker is the best slot receiver in the league and we don't have anyone who can match up with him. New England doesn't even really have to gameplan for that, they do that already.

I'd love to see a 17-14 game, SoS, that would mean that the 'Hawks have put themselves in a position to win the game, but I'm not that optimistic right now. Hopefully we can force multiple turnovers and maybe Belichick gets arrogant and tries to run 50+ times just to prove that we can't stop his new found running game. Whatever the case may be, I think it's going to be tough to keep the game low scoring and hopefully we can keep up with their offense. A nice Seattle autumnal rain storm would be nice too Laughing
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hawk Blogger ‏@hawkblogger

Since 2007, the Patriots are 8-13 when scoring 21 pts or less, and 59-5 when scoring 22 or more: http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/10/initial-thoughts-on-patriots-match-up.html SEA has not allowed 20

"We all we got, we all we need"
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:
Hawk Blogger ‏@hawkblogger

Since 2007, the Patriots are 8-13 when scoring 21 pts or less, and 59-5 when scoring 22 or more: http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/10/initial-thoughts-on-patriots-match-up.html SEA has not allowed 20

So we have a 38% chance to win if we hold them to less than 21 points and a 7% chance if don't. That actually sounds about right to me, considering our offenses weak production so far. Here's a little known fact though, we have a 100% percent chance of not losing if we hold them to 0 points. Cool I know, I know, what would you all do without me in this forum to drop knowledge?...don't answer, I already know Laughing
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Don't say that! Obviously, I want a victory, but I need a high scoring game. Brady, Gronk and Ridley are on my fantasy team and I sure would like to go into next week with a 5-2 record. How about 35-34 Seahawks? We'd score on a fumble recovery, two long Marshawn Lynch runs, a kickoff return, a punt return.

Tom Brady would have 2 TD passes to Gronk and a TD run and Ridley would have 150 yards rushing and two very long TD runs, but we'd win on a blocked extra point. Very Happy

We win and I score a ton of fantasy points. Everybody's happy. Wink
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Don't say that! Obviously, I want a victory, but I need a high scoring game. Brady, Gronk and Ridley are on my fantasy team and I sure would like to go into next week with a 5-2 record. How about 35-34 Seahawks? We'd score on a fumble recovery, two long Marshawn Lynch runs, a kickoff return, a punt return.

Tom Brady would have 2 TD passes to Gronk and a TD run and Ridley would have 150 yards rushing and two very long TD runs, but we'd win on a blocked extra point. Very Happy

We win and I score a ton of fantasy points. Everybody's happy. Wink

they wont be able to run on us and passing is only an option because its Tom Brady. i was saying 23-13 23-14

WINTER IS COMING
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

14-10 Patriots. That's my prediction.

Chandler Jones gets 3 sacks.

Bruce Irvin gets 2 sacks.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 3 of 42

Jump to: