Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Cardinals vs Bills Game Day Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Week 6: Cardinals vs Bills Game Day Thread Reply with quote

I noticed some actual Bills/Cardinals talk in the locked thread, so I figured I'd start this one early. I will have the usual full statistical info on the game mid-week.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get blown out again by this lackluster offense, I'm going to lose it.

We have to show up on both sides of the ball and prove we can make changes or else this season is going to be long and rough to watch.

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game may determine our season. This is a huge game. We beat Arizona and Tennesse and we can salvage this tough part of the season. They are winnable games.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
This game may determine our season. This is a huge game. We beat Arizona and Tennesse and we can salvage this tough part of the season. They are winnable games.

Since you seem to be the eternal optimist right now..... How will you feel if the Cards put up over 400 yards of offense on our defense and blow us out?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinals are currently on an 8 game home winning streak, last two home losses were to the Steelers (week 7 2011) and the Giants (week 4 2011). We seem to put out a different product at home.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
swolfdab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona's defense is very, very good. Not as good as San Fran's but it's got some very similar looks and packages. They have athletes on that side of the ball as well that can give us some trouble in both phases of the game. If our offense isn't clicking, and isn't giving our defense some time to rest, it's going to get ugly again.

The problem has been that the offense can't sustain any drives and that not only puts pressure on the defense but it demoralizes them as well. If you're stopping teams and your offense can't score, it gets old fast when you're on the defensive side of the ball.

Bottom line...

Offense: Do a better job of sustaining drives that will wear down defenses and give us the advantage late in games.

Defense: Pressure the quarterback more effectively and FORCE TURNOVERS!

Both of these keys are do-able against Arizona... Can't wait to see how it turns out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
If we get blown out again by this lackluster offense, I'm going to lose it.

We have to show up on both sides of the ball and prove we can make changes or else this season is going to be long and rough to watch.

First, a little full disclosure. The Cards are my favorite NFC team. I post in their forum a fair amount. I also am pretty familiar with this team as a result.

I think you may be surprised by what their offense can do, at least against us. I'm not trying to slam the team, but Wanny hasn't found a way to get pressure on QB's with the talent we put on the field. Remember, how the Pats fans laughed at our signing of Mark Anderson because he was "only a situational pass rusher/liability vs. the run"? He's not getting sacks. Remember signing Super Mario to upgrade our pass rush? He's not getting sacks. These guys are the same athletes they were before. Wanny is not getting them into a position or scheming them to get to the QB. As much as Kolb has been put down since being traded from Philly, he is actually not playing as bad as many people have said. In fact, when he gets some time, he has utilized his receivers to get some quick yardage and scores. Housler, their receiving TE, will probably do enough to win this game all by himself. I guarantee you they will put some points on us...more than any of us are going to like. The only thing I expect they won't do is run the ball on us...#1 & 2 RB's are out and their OL is not great at run blocking by any stretch of the imagination. Actually, their pass blocking is even worse, but I don't think Wanny can exploit that.

We'll run the ball on them for a while, until Chan stops and starts passing while we play catch up. Calais Campbell is going to embarrass whichever practice squad player gets the nod at RG and Fitz is gonna pay for it. When Calais isn't there, Washington is going to be blitzing up the middle in that very same hole. It's gonna suck to all suckdom! Now that we don't even have our 3rd string RG, I got them winning 30-17. The real crime here is that I think we have better overall personnel (though they have better D players), but they are just coached better and I'm not even a fan of Whisenhunt!

This game will hopefully be the rude awakening Wanny needs to finally realize that we need to bring more than just the front 4 if we're gonna get to the QB. I'm relying on the pressure/ridicule he'll/we'll get for letting this offense run up the score on us to convince him to finally change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping that the Bills staying in Arizona instead of coming back to Buffalo in between west coast games will help.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a picture on Stevie's Facebook of CJ, Freddie, Donald, and himself sitting around a table. Saying we have to get this train back on track. Never thought of this but staying out west for a week comes with some positives as well. These guys can't go home after practice and forget about football. They can't turn each other off and go home. For this week, all they have is each other. Before, during, and after practice. All they will hear is how bad they suck and who the next QB/head coach will be. If it were me, I'd be much more focused and motivated.

TommyC376^^^
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
I'm hoping that the Bills staying in Arizona instead of coming back to Buffalo in between west coast games will help.

Great minds think alike... Beat me by 1 min Laughing

TommyC376^^^
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

It would certainly be nice to be 4-3 heading into the bye week. It would help give the Bills some much needed confidence before going on the road to Houston and New England after the bye.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
This game will hopefully be the rude awakening Wanny needs to finally realize that we need to bring more than just the front 4 if we're gonna get to the QB.

Wannstedt definitely needs to make some adjustments, and fast.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
Offense: Do a better job of sustaining drives that will wear down defenses and give us the advantage late in games.

Defense: Pressure the quarterback more effectively and FORCE TURNOVERS!

Both of these keys are do-able against Arizona... Can't wait to see how it turns out.

1 - http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats They are only though week four, but note Arizona is 3rd in yards per drive allowed and 2nd in points per drive. The Yards per drive number will actually improve after the Rams game too.

2 - Unfortunately our offense is at the complete other end of the spectrum. However we have done a solid job of avoiding turnovers so far this season. Kolb has just 2 INT's and as a unit they have committed just 7 turnover through 5 games.

Fact of interest, the Cardinals have yet to surpass 300 total yards gained on offense this season.

jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Fact of interest, the Cardinals have yet to surpass 300 total yards gained on offense this season.

This could be the game to snap that streak, haha.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
khodder wrote:

This could be the game to snap that streak, haha.

We are going to throw the ball, a LOT. In the two games we have played since Beanie Wells went onto the recall IR we have thrown 98 passes and taken 17 sacks an average of 57 dropbacks per game.

Now we have lost Ryan Williams for the season too, I would not be surprised if we can out and just threw the ball every down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: