Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Witherspoon benched
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Finnerception


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 12960
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Against the Colts last year (week 10?) both RBs had 14 carries and they alternated drives. Ringer roughly doubled CJ's YPC. Neither he nor any other backup RB has been able to get decent playing time since.


vs Bucs

Ringer 9 carries for 12 yards
CJ 23 carries for 190 yards

vs Bengals

Ringer 4 carries for 11 yards
CJ 14 carries for 64 yards

vs Broncos

Ringer 6 carries for -6 yards
CJ 13 carries for 21 yards



Great 1 game sample size to prove Ringer ran circles around CJ, buddy. I hope you realize 52 of Ringer's 60 yards came in the 4th when the Titans were running out the clock though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3857
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munch can bench Spoon but not some of the other underachieving members of the 2012 Titans. Looking at you: Hass, Griff, every coaches dream & several members of the starting OL. Rolling Eyes
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Against the Colts last year (week 10?) both RBs had 14 carries and they alternated drives. Ringer roughly doubled CJ's YPC. Neither he nor any other backup RB has been able to get decent playing time since.


vs Bucs

Ringer 9 carries for 12 yards
CJ 23 carries for 190 yards

vs Bengals

Ringer 4 carries for 11 yards
CJ 14 carries for 64 yards

vs Broncos

Ringer 6 carries for -6 yards
CJ 13 carries for 21 yards



Great 1 game sample size to prove Ringer ran circles around CJ, buddy. I hope you realize 52 of Ringer's 60 yards came in the 4th when the Titans were running out the clock though.


Applause
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2809
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Against the Colts last year (week 10?) both RBs had 14 carries and they alternated drives. Ringer roughly doubled CJ's YPC. Neither he nor any other backup RB has been able to get decent playing time since.


vs Bucs

Ringer 9 carries for 12 yards
CJ 23 carries for 190 yards

vs Bengals

Ringer 4 carries for 11 yards
CJ 14 carries for 64 yards

vs Broncos

Ringer 6 carries for -6 yards
CJ 13 carries for 21 yards



Great 1 game sample size to prove Ringer ran circles around CJ, buddy. I hope you realize 52 of Ringer's 60 yards came in the 4th when the Titans were running out the clock though.


I think I made it pretty clear I was referring to only one game, buddy. What you just posted is my entire point. There's only been one game in which a backup got the same chance that CJ got. When that happened, Ringer did much better than CJ.

Those other games are exactly what I'm talking about - tons of chances for CJ (relatively speaking, at least), hardly any carries for the backups.

I agree with whomever said "lol Ringer." I don't care for Ringer either, but he's the guy who got to split carries, so he's the example used.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2809
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Munch can bench Spoon but not some of the other underachieving members of the 2012 Titans. Looking at you: Hass, Griff, every coaches dream & several members of the starting OL. Rolling Eyes


It's really pathetic. It almost makes me wonder if he gets to call those shots or if someone else does. Doesn't make much sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Finnerception


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 12960
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:

I think I made it pretty clear I was referring to only one game, buddy. What you just posted is my entire point. There's only been one game in which a backup got the same chance that CJ got. When that happened, Ringer did much better than CJ.

Those other games are exactly what I'm talking about - tons of chances for CJ (relatively speaking, at least), hardly any carries for the backups.

I agree with whomever said "lol Ringer." I don't care for Ringer either, but he's the guy who got to split carries, so he's the example used.


So Ringer getting the same exact number of carries as him is the only way Ringer gets an opportunity? He gets 9 carries for barely a yard a carry while CJ rips off 190 against the same team and that's not relevant? LOL!

Your claim that they alternated drives is false, once again, by the way. Ringer had 4 carries for 8 yards before garbage time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2809
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
s_camp wrote:

I think I made it pretty clear I was referring to only one game, buddy. What you just posted is my entire point. There's only been one game in which a backup got the same chance that CJ got. When that happened, Ringer did much better than CJ.

Those other games are exactly what I'm talking about - tons of chances for CJ (relatively speaking, at least), hardly any carries for the backups.

I agree with whomever said "lol Ringer." I don't care for Ringer either, but he's the guy who got to split carries, so he's the example used.


So Ringer getting the same exact number of carries as him is the only way Ringer gets an opportunity? He gets 9 carries for barely a yard a carry while CJ rips off 190 against the same team and that's not relevant? LOL!

Your claim that they alternated drives is false, once again, by the way. Ringer had 4 carries for 8 yards before garbage time.


It's not relevant to my point, no. I'm not claiming that Ringer is the answer, especially now that his knee has been ripped apart. I don't like Ringer. I don't think he's very good. My point is only that the backups can't seem to get the same shot CJ gets since that Indy game.

Speaking of the Indy game, I'm not sure where you're getting your stats from, but you're totally wrong. When Ringer had 4 carries in that game, he had 19 yards and there were 8 minutes left in the second quarter. At that point, CJ had 5 carries for 1 yard.

You're right that they didn't really alternate drives. I should have been more precise. What I meant was that Ringer got as many carries as CJ got, spread pretty evenly throughout the game.

If we're discounting garbage time stats, what do we deduct from CJ's "big day" against Houston this year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Finnerception wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Against the Colts last year (week 10?) both RBs had 14 carries and they alternated drives. Ringer roughly doubled CJ's YPC. Neither he nor any other backup RB has been able to get decent playing time since.


vs Bucs

Ringer 9 carries for 12 yards
CJ 23 carries for 190 yards

vs Bengals

Ringer 4 carries for 11 yards
CJ 14 carries for 64 yards

vs Broncos

Ringer 6 carries for -6 yards
CJ 13 carries for 21 yards



Great 1 game sample size to prove Ringer ran circles around CJ, buddy. I hope you realize 52 of Ringer's 60 yards came in the 4th when the Titans were running out the clock though.


I think I made it pretty clear I was referring to only one game, buddy. What you just posted is my entire point. There's only been one game in which a backup got the same chance that CJ got. When that happened, Ringer did much better than CJ.

Those other games are exactly what I'm talking about - tons of chances for CJ (relatively speaking, at least), hardly any carries for the backups.

I agree with whomever said "lol Ringer." I don't care for Ringer either, but he's the guy who got to split carries, so he's the example used.


My name is Justin Sad Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2809
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Finnerception wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Against the Colts last year (week 10?) both RBs had 14 carries and they alternated drives. Ringer roughly doubled CJ's YPC. Neither he nor any other backup RB has been able to get decent playing time since.


vs Bucs

Ringer 9 carries for 12 yards
CJ 23 carries for 190 yards

vs Bengals

Ringer 4 carries for 11 yards
CJ 14 carries for 64 yards

vs Broncos

Ringer 6 carries for -6 yards
CJ 13 carries for 21 yards



Great 1 game sample size to prove Ringer ran circles around CJ, buddy. I hope you realize 52 of Ringer's 60 yards came in the 4th when the Titans were running out the clock though.


I think I made it pretty clear I was referring to only one game, buddy. What you just posted is my entire point. There's only been one game in which a backup got the same chance that CJ got. When that happened, Ringer did much better than CJ.

Those other games are exactly what I'm talking about - tons of chances for CJ (relatively speaking, at least), hardly any carries for the backups.

I agree with whomever said "lol Ringer." I don't care for Ringer either, but he's the guy who got to split carries, so he's the example used.


My name is Justin Sad Sad


Sorry Justin, I was trying to knock the post out quickly before heading out the door and couldn't remember who said it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
justing101 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Finnerception wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Against the Colts last year (week 10?) both RBs had 14 carries and they alternated drives. Ringer roughly doubled CJ's YPC. Neither he nor any other backup RB has been able to get decent playing time since.


vs Bucs

Ringer 9 carries for 12 yards
CJ 23 carries for 190 yards

vs Bengals

Ringer 4 carries for 11 yards
CJ 14 carries for 64 yards

vs Broncos

Ringer 6 carries for -6 yards
CJ 13 carries for 21 yards



Great 1 game sample size to prove Ringer ran circles around CJ, buddy. I hope you realize 52 of Ringer's 60 yards came in the 4th when the Titans were running out the clock though.


I think I made it pretty clear I was referring to only one game, buddy. What you just posted is my entire point. There's only been one game in which a backup got the same chance that CJ got. When that happened, Ringer did much better than CJ.

Those other games are exactly what I'm talking about - tons of chances for CJ (relatively speaking, at least), hardly any carries for the backups.

I agree with whomever said "lol Ringer." I don't care for Ringer either, but he's the guy who got to split carries, so he's the example used.


My name is Justin Sad Sad


Sorry Justin, I was trying to knock the post out quickly before heading out the door and couldn't remember who said it.


lol its cool but I think we need to draft a RB next year to go along with CJ, I highly doubt an answer for RB is on our roster. I dont wanna draft one in the 1st three rounds but a 4th or 5th sounds good to me, if they are good which I think there will be some then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
renndawg37


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 1562
Location: Toronto, ON
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About damn time. Witherspoon has been Barrett Ruud bad so far this year. I used to love the gy, but his time looks like it is up.
_________________
2013/14 ADOPT-A-TITAN

Zach Brown
George Wilson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2529
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
About damn time. Witherspoon has been Barrett Ruud bad so far this year. I used to love the gy, but his time looks like it is up.


Speaking of Ruud, he signed with the Texans to "replace" Cushing. Laughing
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan
-----------------------
Through Week 1
Kendall Wright - 6 rec 46 yds 1 TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group