Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The build from within philosophy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more concerned about Right Tackle than Left right now.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also welcome back Dain. It's been awhile.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:

I don't think Sherrod is that much of a project. I think he would be a better run blocker as soon as he is off the PUP than Newhouse is.
Really? I sure don't. Both have the ability but both have a Tackle only mindset. One of the reasons Sherrod didn't beat out Lang at LG, it wasn't because Sherrod has less God given ability it's because Lang has much more of a mean streak to him.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The build from within philosophy Reply with quote

I think the build from within philosophy works, but it has failed with the Packers in one area in particular.............coaching. The Packers have not replaced Philban eyes in the booth and that is obviously hurting the Packers offense to me. I don't think the offense has the detail oriented OC it needs. McCarthy game plans, calls the plays while Joe coached them to play technically sound football.

Sig brought to you by Justo
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The build from within philosophy Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
I think the build from within philosophy works, but it has failed with the Packers in one area in particular.............coaching. The Packers have not replaced Philban eyes in the booth and that is obviously hurting the Packers offense to me. I don't think the offense has the detail oriented OC it needs. McCarthy game plans, calls the plays while Joe coached them to play technically sound football.

I think the loss of Philbin hurts big time and it's not getting nearly the attention it should be in these parts. I'm not surprised at all Miami looks as good as they have this year.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Scuba St3ve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think coaching is one of the biggest problems, i dont see why we go to a zone on 3rd and 17 just to let them pick it up every time.

someone on this team has to get angry. we have a bunch of problems and they need to get fixed

areas of the draft i would look at would be: ILB, TE or WR, RB, C, DL
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuba St3ve wrote:
i think coaching is one of the biggest problems, i dont see why we go to a zone on 3rd and 17 just to let them pick it up every time.

someone on this team has to get angry. we have a bunch of problems and they need to get fixed

That's what I don't get, is why the hell we are always running a zone on 3rd and long or even medium and then leaving the middle of the field WIDE open. It's pretty blatant that it doesn't work and we've got D-backs that are of the man coverage mold.

I agree with your draft needs but I definitely wouldn't leave safety our barring on how McMillian plays the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuba St3ve wrote:

Without question.

I miss man-to-man press... anyone have a spare time machine lying around? I want Al Harris back.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:

I have no clue why. Bulaga has been playing on a sore knee and is hard setting everything in pass pro right now. Man is going to be fine though. Left tackle is an issue until Sherrod proves otherwise!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

I have no clue why. Bulaga has been playing on a sore knee and is hard setting everything in pass pro right now. Man is going to be fine though. Left tackle is an issue until Sherrod proves otherwise!

I wondered what was up with Brian. I couldn't fathom he'd regress overnight. What a mess this season is becoming with all of these guys hobbling. It reminds me of 2010...

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The build from within philosophy Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:

Man dude, did you hit the nail right on the head. Bingo was his name-o!

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people tend to forget just how young our tackles are. Newhouse and Bulaga are both younger than the Lions first round pick Riley Rieff. I'd guess we have the youngest bookends in the NFL. Not that that is an excuse but there are bound to be growing pains.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: