Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Tebow Talk (TAJT #7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Day-Lewis is the Oscar's king now.. wow.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Lincoln didn't win. I loved Argo, but Lincoln is one of my favorite movies of all time.

#TeamManfred
NewYorkJetsFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I'm 6'0 207 right now but looking to get down to 190. I'm a nasty LB and DE. I have a 34/35 sleeve length I don't know if that means arm length because Margus Hunt is 6'8 with a 33.68 arm length. My busted shoulder doesn't let me bench 225. I need to clock myself in the 40.

Jealous of all you tall people. I'm 5'8 165 and I played corner and receiver in high school. My lack of size really caught up to me quickly though. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love getting yelled by my dad at when I'm sick. It's the best.

[]_[] Family
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/?channelindex=2&from=en-us_msnhpvidmod&form=msnrll#/video/416e61f9-07db-4498-8168-3f8cb4504b21

Damn.. I want his head.
xenajets

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
I sympathize with you, ricky. I'm 23 also and I actually wanted to go out for my D-III college team as well, but I'm almost six years removed from any organized football, and had concussion issues in high school.

I'm 6', 190, 4.8, and 5 reps. I have something like a 20" vert it's pathetic Laughing

And because Geology sucks, I just measured my arms at 31" and my hands at 9".

It'd be pretty cool to go through the entire combine process. I like when you hear players talk about how they enjoy the process, kind of shows they get it.

lol I've been out 5 years now. So I know what you mean.

A part of me wants to stop what I'm doing and just play for one last time before I become old and can't do what I can do now. It's tough.

I'm actually going to play flag football this fall to test myself. I would love to go through a combine just to see where I'm at physically.

Not that it's the same process or anything even similar but I played professional soccer here in England for 4 years after playing in the youth academies since I was 6. After all the work and effort not only I but my family too, I decided that enough was enough about 3 years ago now and haven't kicked a ball since!! It was my dream for so long but in all honesty I'm so much happier now than when I was playing that it was the right decision for me. The way I see it is if you have any desire or feel like you still have something to give put absolutely 100% into playing ball again. You have nothing to lose and if it doesn't work out then you won't have any regrets. I'm doing very well work wise and getting married next year so I'm happy where I'm at but I do understand the competiveness in you wants to make it to the highest possible level.

I was in work a couple of weeks ago and was reading one of the national papers and in the sport section it had an article about a guy I played against for about 8 years straight. He was a good player but I felt not at my level.....he signed for a premier league team for 4.7 million. That's when you think to yourself what could of been lol!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An awesome Criminal Minds is on right now. Never seen this one. Should be good. It's on ion.

[]_[] Family
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
I sympathize with you, ricky. I'm 23 also and I actually wanted to go out for my D-III college team as well, but I'm almost six years removed from any organized football, and had concussion issues in high school.

I'm 6', 190, 4.8, and 5 reps. I have something like a 20" vert it's pathetic Laughing

It'd be pretty cool to go through the entire combine process. I like when you hear players talk about how they enjoy the process, kind of shows they get it.

A part of me wants to stop what I'm doing and just play for one last time before I become old and can't do what I can do now. It's tough.

I'm actually going to play flag football this fall to test myself. I would love to go through a combine just to see where I'm at physically.

Not that it's the same process or anything even similar but I played professional soccer here in England for 4 years after playing in the youth academies since I was 6. After all the work and effort not only I but my family too, I decided that enough was enough about 3 years ago now and haven't kicked a ball since!! It was my dream for so long but in all honesty I'm so much happier now than when I was playing that it was the right decision for me. The way I see it is if you have any desire or feel like you still have something to give put absolutely 100% into playing ball again. You have nothing to lose and if it doesn't work out then you won't have any regrets. I'm doing very well work wise and getting married next year so I'm happy where I'm at but I do understand the competiveness in you wants to make it to the highest possible level.

I was in work a couple of weeks ago and was reading one of the national papers and in the sport section it had an article about a guy I played against for about 8 years straight. He was a good player but I felt not at my level.....he signed for a premier league team for 4.7 million. That's when you think to yourself what could of been lol!!!!

I really do feel like I got something to prove.

I know what you mean. I played against Brandon Boykin (Eagles CB) in a summer passing league and burned him on a nice post route. I got alot of people who actually went off to college and continued to play.

I remember I went to a football camp/training type of thing with former NFL players. They started calling me Hines Ward because I loved blocking and we both came from the same county. I'm really going to look into giving it a last try. Every time I play a hype song, I picture myself playing again. It's that bad.

I wouldn't care about making it to the NFL. I just want to play and enjoy it one last time. If I play again, I will either play WR or bult up and play FS.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

What club did you play for?

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do yall think a Rumors thread would be good to start?

Quote:
xenajets

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
xenajets wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

What club did you play for?

I was at Manchester United, Bolton Wanderers and Chester City.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it normal for vet to give you something out of pet's via surgery?

I went to pick up my dog and the receptionist asked me if I wanted a memoir. What the frak? Right after I actually watched Xenia's gore video. Jesus!
green24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Knicks game was INSANE. Shocked

#TeamManfred
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curry is Reggie Miller 2.0 now. That was crazy. There was nothing the knicks could have done to stop him.

Quote:
JMG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fight from my Canes tonight. Almost pulled off the win at the end. It's a shame the officiating was blatantly lopsided. Duke had all the calls going for them, as well as home court.

[]_[] Family

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 61 of 100

Jump to: