Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Tebow Talk (TAJT #7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Got a 28 on my ACT.. Any good? What are some good D1 schools?

Nice! Are you looking to go to college near home?
I'm trying to go to Miami. Just trying to get out of the state.

Miami
East Carolina
South Carolina
James Madison
Temple
West Virginia

Visited South Carolina. Real good time. Plus you get to be in the SEC, best conference by far. You won't win a title though.

West Virginia is a fun party school. The rest of the state sucks though and you won't win a title.

I'd recommend a big time school because thats what I did and it is awesome. And I got to see a championship since my Jets keep denying me it.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
moham-17

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a big mistake to base your decision on a school's athletic program.

I'm not saying you shouldn't factor it in a little, but athletic programs rise and fall relatively quickly.

For me it was a combination of location/campus, student life, academics/job opportunities after graduation, degrees offered, and some athletics factored in.

Those are all things you need to consider, you gotta look at the whole picture bro.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
I think it would be a big mistake to base your decision on a school's athletic program.

I'm not saying you shouldn't factor it in a little, but athletic programs rise and fall relatively quickly.

For me it was a combination of location/campus, student life, academics/job opportunities after graduation, degrees offered, and some athletics factored in.

Those are all things you need to consider, you gotta look at the whole picture bro.

That's true, I went to my first college based on being recruited for football. I didn't pay attention to everything else. One of my biggest regrets ever. I left, and didn't bother playing football for that school because it was so bad.
Compare major's and the success of their graduates. Your travel options for coming back home. Dorms & Food options. It's a lot of money you will be investing into this, so you want to make sure you want to do all the research dude. I like the []_[] because it's a great school, and your a fan. but you really have to compare those schools by details.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
moham-17

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

That's true, I went to my first college based on being recruited for football. I didn't pay attention to everything else. One of my biggest regrets ever. I left, and didn't bother playing football for that school because it was so bad.
Compare major's and the success of their graduates. Your travel options for coming back home. Dorms & Food options. It's a lot of money you will be investing into this, so you want to make sure you want to do all the research dude. I like the []_[] because it's a great school, and your a fan. but you really have to compare those schools by details.

Yeah and it's not like you stop rooting for other schools just because you go to a different one.

I kind of wanted to follow my brothers and go to ECU, but out of state tuition shot that plan dead along with the fact that at the time I wanted to go to med-school. Even so, I still pull for the Pirates all the time, except when they're playing Virginia (which has been only one time in the last five years.)
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone on here a really good writer and think they could give me a hand on my college essay, I'm looking for some opinions on the ideas I have so far and my opening couple sentences.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Is anyone on here a really good writer and think they could give me a hand on my college essay, I'm looking for some opinions on the ideas I have so far and my opening couple sentences.

He hasn't been around for a little while but I believe Robbie Epic is actually an English teacher, maybe send him a PM?
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

He hasn't been around for a little while but I believe Robbie Epic is actually an English teacher, maybe send him a PM?
Thank Davey.

Jamison.'s Gallery
green24

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we trade 3 first round picks for Kaepernick?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn shame when Raider fans start posting junk like that.

Quote:
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

lol I just thought it was funny, there's a million Raider memes that I've seen and I laugh at, heck I even put one in our GDT...but then again i'm probably more used to losing than you guys are Crying or Very sad
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant no harm, you guys just seemed like a fan base with a good sense of humor
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

lol I just thought it was funny, there's a million Raider memes that I laugh at...but then again i'm probably more used to losing than you guys are Crying or Very sad

lol my bad dude, you got to mention that in post like that. We got trolls, and we get killed by the media every day. So I thought it was a shot at us.

Quote:
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

lol I just thought it was funny, there's a million Raider memes that I laugh at...but then again i'm probably more used to losing than you guys are Crying or Very sad

lol my bad dude, you got to mention that in post like that. We got trolls, and we get killed by the media every day. So I thought it was a shot at us.

haha nah, sorry man. As one of the only Raider fans where I live (NE PA) I'm so numb to being made fun, that I just started to make my teams ineptitude fun I guess you can say, but I guess I need to remember that not every team has had 12 years to warm up to it Laughing
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

haha nah, sorry man. As one of the only Raider fans where I live (NE PA) I'm so numb to being made fun, that I just started to make my teams ineptitude fun I guess you can say, but I guess I need to remember that not every team has had 12 years to warm up to it Laughing

lol I understand. Being a Jet fan ins't easy either.

What's going on with McFadden? His numbers are real low this year.

Quote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 21 of 100

Jump to: