Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Tebow Talk (TAJT #7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jg6041

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:

He could find an honest one the same way the Mannings, Drew Brees, and so many others do. I mean,, it's not like he's some three hundred pound DL who can barely form a sentence that has to worry about being taken advantage of. He comes from a good family, and he'll have success in other fields after football.

What I question is why he doesn't seeem to be interested in that. I get it when you're 22 years old and just out of college and you're trying to establish yourself in your career in a new city. But he's entering his fifth year in the NFL, and every few months or so, a report is publicized about some supposed hookup he's having. Never a relationship that lasts, always a "fling". It's not something I ever really cared to think about before, but trying to understand him is making me question things.

He has always been told how great he is. GQ reinforced that.
He reminds me of A-Rod.
There is no way to reach him he has been raised to believe his ego is justified. Now it took a bit of a hit what better way to feel good again than having women tell you how amazing you are.

Its not drugs or alcohol but it can be just as potent.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:

He could find an honest one the same way the Mannings, Drew Brees, and so many others do. I mean,, it's not like he's some three hundred pound DL who can barely form a sentence that has to worry about being taken advantage of. He comes from a good family, and he'll have success in other fields after football.

What I question is why he doesn't seeem to be interested in that. I get it when you're 22 years old and just out of college and you're trying to establish yourself in your career in a new city. But he's entering his fifth year in the NFL, and every few months or so, a report is publicized about some supposed hookup he's having. Never a relationship that lasts, always a "fling". It's not something I ever really cared to think about before, but trying to understand him is making me question things.

He has always been told how great he is. GQ reinforced that.
He reminds me of A-Rod.
There is no way to reach him he has been raised to believe his ego is justified. Now it took a bit of a hit what better way to feel good again than having women tell you how amazing you are.

Its not drugs or alcohol but it can be just as potent.

Maybe your right. Come to think of it, he does seem to have an A-Rod quality about him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
tinoynk wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
It's tough to find a good woman when your a recognized player in the NFL. Because there are so many women that pounce on them, it's hard to figure out who has good intentions and who doesn't. That's when you get players who love it and become Travis Henry's or be patient and meet a good one.

You mean Chris Henry? Unless you were saying that Mark Sanchez would start trafficking large amounts of drugs and threaten to kill people's families Very Happy

No Travis Henry who use to play for the Bills. He went wild. 11 kids by 10 women. I was speaking on how athletes can handle the attention they get from women. They can either go wild like Travis or be patient and wait for the right woman.

Yea I remeber Travis Henry, didn't know about all the kids, I just remember he went to jail for being part of a drug trafficking ring. I thought you were talking about Chris Henry with what happened with his GF/wife and the truck... yea sad stuff either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
tinoynk wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
It's tough to find a good woman when your a recognized player in the NFL. Because there are so many women that pounce on them, it's hard to figure out who has good intentions and who doesn't. That's when you get players who love it and become Travis Henry's or be patient and meet a good one.

You mean Chris Henry? Unless you were saying that Mark Sanchez would start trafficking large amounts of drugs and threaten to kill people's families Very Happy

No Travis Henry who use to play for the Bills. He went wild. 11 kids by 10 women. I was speaking on how athletes can handle the attention they get from women. They can either go wild like Travis or be patient and wait for the right woman.

Yea I remeber Travis Henry, didn't know about all the kids, I just remember he went to jail for being part of a drug trafficking ring. I thought you were talking about Chris Henry with what happened with his GF/wife and the truck... yea sad stuff either way.

I forgot about that. Another great example.

When it comes to QB's and dating, I normally don't care about. But you don't see or hear about to many successful QB's who have a rep for being with many women. Most of the top QB's are married and spend a lot of time with their families. Unless we find Joe Namath 2.0. Then it's all good.
jg6041

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

When it comes to QB's and dating, I normally don't care about. But you don't see or hear about to many successful QB's who have a rep for being with many women. Most of the top QB's are married and spend a lot of time with their families. Unless we find Joe Namath 2.0. Then it's all good.

Favre is married to a hottie and was doing what he was doing.
It seems fair to assume that when Favre got caught it was not the first time.
I tend to think most have affairs going on and it is "part of the game"

It sounds dumb but it must be hard to be told your entire life how great you are, receive endless funds, and then have it end.
Namath seems to have gotten it together, but he took to alcohol to fill that void.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg6041 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Favre is married to a hottie and was doing what he was doing.
It seems fair to assume that when Favre got caught it was not the first time.
I tend to think most have affairs going on and it is "part of the game"

It sounds dumb but it must be hard to be told your entire life how great you are, receive endless funds, and then have it end.
Namath seems to have gotten it together, but he took to alcohol to fill that void.

Your right about the Farve situation. That's why I said most. A lot of athletes do have their affairs.Big ben had his situation too. QB's like Manning, Brees, RGII and Rodgers have a clean image and a clean rep from the public's eye. You don't hear about them being with women that will get them in trouble or a heard of baby mama's.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Fife
Martin Perez
Nate Eovaldi

I can pick up 2 guys, who should I pick up and why?

I think my #1 is Nate and the 2nd is between the other two because their future for the rest of the season relies on vets staying injured. But want to know what other ppl think.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Stephen Fife
Martin Perez
Nate Eovaldi

I think my #1 is Nate and the 2nd is between the other two because their future for the rest of the season relies on vets staying injured. But want to know what other ppl think.

Eovaldi and Perez
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Stephen Fife
Martin Perez
Nate Eovaldi

Eovaldi and Perez

What's the reasoning?

And should I wait until Eovaldi pitches against St. Louis or should I grab him now?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C- Perez
1B- Rizzo
2B- Kendrick
SS- Hanley
3B- Miggy
OF- Stanton
OF- Jackson
OF- Puig
UTIL- Reyes
UTIL- Cespedes

SP- Price
SP- Bumgarner
SP- Wainwright
RP- Grilli
RP- Mujica
P- Cishek
P- Medlen
P- Shark
BN- Milone
BN- Parker
BN- Josh Johnson
BN- Eovaldi
BN- Perez
DL- Cahill

That would be my team. Then after the ASB I'll drop my worst pitcher and add a bench hitter. Every time I add hitters they crap the bed so I'm going to wait to see who is for real.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna try to see World War Z tomorrow after I get out of work, anyone else see it? I've heard mostly positive things about it, and I love some good zombie action.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to drive back and forth from LI to Penn State yesterday. Suckeddd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Independence Day everyone! Stay safe and enjoy America's birthday!

green24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salute to this legendary thread.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=239696
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Salute to this legendary thread.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=239696

Nice find. I was actually just thinking about that the other week. Is he even still on here? What team did he end up picking? Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: