Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Tebow Talk (TAJT #7)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChad wrote:
Did anyone else notice that we've played the NFC superbowl representative each season for the past seven seasons?

Quote:
In each of the past seven seasons, including this one, an NFC team from the division that played its non-division games against the AFC East during the regular season wound up in the Super Bowl. The 49ers played the AFC East this season, but they just continued a trend that started back in 2006, when the Bears played their non-division games against the AFC East and advanced to the Super Bowl. In 2007, the Giants did it; in 2008, the Cardinals did it; in 2009, the Saints did it; in 2010, the Packers did it; last season, the Giants did it again. And this season, San Francisco made it seven straight.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/10spot-12week22/super-bowl-xlvii-other-teams-whiffed-harbaughs

I thought that was kind of interesting. We only beat one of them though (the Cardinals).

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14615889#14615889

Scary post is scary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 5028
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is random and i'm not starting a new post, but it's times like these that I wish we had cap. Seeing reports that C2J might be cut.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sandwhich


Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Posts: 8452
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My absolute dream is for Victor Cruz's contract negotiations to go poorly and us someone getting him and locking him up in a long term deal and me buying 3 of his jerseys and loving every second of yelling "CRUUUUUZZZZ!! at televisions and in the stadium and telling everyone he's my favorite player, not just my favorite non-Jet player, and so on.

(It's a run on sentence because I'm saying that all in one breath)

But seriously, maybe the only scenario of Revis being traded that I would like would be with Cruz involved.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moham-17


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 3985
Location: The Boro
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
My absolute dream is for Victor Cruz's contract negotiations to go poorly and us someone getting him and locking him up in a long term deal and me buying 3 of his jerseys and loving every second of yelling "CRUUUUUZZZZ!! at televisions and in the stadium and telling everyone he's my favorite player, not just my favorite non-Jet player, and so on.

(It's a run on sentence because I'm saying that all in one breath)

But seriously, maybe the only scenario of Revis being traded that I would like would be with Cruz involved.


That would be sick; I would still want a little something more like a 2nd or 3rd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 5028
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another random post. Sergio Kindle is a free agent. Hard to label the guy as a true bust this early in his career. I feel like he might be worth taking a flier on on a year deal. I was high on the guy coming out of Texas. He's just injury prone unfortunately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32880
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Another random post. Sergio Kindle is a free agent. Hard to label the guy as a true bust this early in his career. I feel like he might be worth taking a flier on on a year deal. I was high on the guy coming out of Texas. He's just injury prone unfortunately.


Would love to bring him in. He's a few years removed from the big injury, who knows if he just needed some time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 20071
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, Mark Sanchez finished 3rd in the MVP voting.

That's enough for me to keep him as our starter.
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3275
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Guys, Mark Sanchez finished 3rd in the MVP voting.

That's enough for me to keep him as our starter.
Shocked
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Celebrity Beach Bowl 2013. Oh Boy, I would love to pull Mark Sanchez behind Maria Menounos. That is only positive I have for the brown nose. heh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 5028
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Another random post. Sergio Kindle is a free agent. Hard to label the guy as a true bust this early in his career. I feel like he might be worth taking a flier on on a year deal. I was high on the guy coming out of Texas. He's just injury prone unfortunately.


Would love to bring him in. He's a few years removed from the big injury, who knows if he just needed some time.
Yeah, he could be one of the value players that Idzik will need to find to complete this roster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gambit Jango


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 5005
Location: "Egg, I dreamed that I was old."
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're doing the Make A Movie Draft in the Entertainment Forum if anyone's interested. Each of us drafts a cast, crew, and director for films that we make up. If you've got a cool idea for a story, or an adaptation of something, join up, it's a lot of fun.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=513042
_________________

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spiel612


Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 15781
Location: Around Highway 61
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally unrelated, but now that I'm back posting on here regularly (and suffering from some insomnia right now)...I just wanted to take a minute and appreciate the fact that a lot of you guys have been posting on this forum for seven or eight years now.

Pretty darn impressive if you ask me Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... who's ready for the Blizzard of 2013?
Quote:
@NYMag
New York could get anywhere from two to 38 inches of snow this weekend. Helpful, right? http://nym.ag/WRiyOT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3275
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Totally unrelated, but now that I'm back posting on here regularly (and suffering from some insomnia right now)...I just wanted to take a minute and appreciate the fact that a lot of you guys have been posting on this forum for seven or eight years now.

Pretty darn impressive if you ask me Wink
Pretty remarkable.

It's good to see someone that has been around awhile and is very respected around this forum back on here, Spiel. It's great for the Jets Forum. They should make you a mod.
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 20079
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
So... who's ready for the Blizzard of 2013?
Quote:
@NYMag
New York could get anywhere from two to 38 inches of snow this weekend. Helpful, right? http://nym.ag/WRiyOT

The model that predicts the ridiculously high amount (the NAM I think), is widely believed to be incorrect. New York is more likely to get around 5 inches.

Here in central Jersey, they're talking about 1-3 inches. Pretty annoying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 52 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group