Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers Needs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whats our biggest need?
Safety
34%
 34%  [ 23 ]
Defensive End
30%
 30%  [ 20 ]
Wide Receiver
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Running Back
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Center
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Inside Linebacker
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Offensive Tackle
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Other
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 66

CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Packers Needs Reply with quote

Rank the Needs for the Packers heading into 2013 in order.

IMO

1) FS - Drafting a true ballhawking free safety can allow Morgan Burnett to play his natural position of SS and give us a true playmaker that can roam across the field and make plays given our top notch cornerback play. Our defense just hasn't been the same since our last stud safety Nick Collins retired Sad

2) LE - With Pickett becoming a free agent next year and our lack of depth at the position, we need a left end this year IMO. Jerel Worthy could be a player there but he will start the season on the PUP from what I've heard. If we can get a true left end, we can rest Pickett and allow him to spell Raji a couple of times to have our defensive line fresh and ready to go.

3) WR - With Greg Jennings most likely departing this offseason and the unreliability of Jermicheal Finley it looks like the Packers are going to need to develop a 4th receiver. In our offense the strength is spreading the defense out 4 wide and to do that we need 4 strong receivers. I expect them to draft a guy in the 2nd to 3rd to be that next guy.

4) RB - Dejuan Harris was nice but 4-5 games isn't going to do it for me. While running back isn't that important in this offense we need someone decent to keep the opposing defense honest and allow for the play action to work.

5) ILB - With one of the leaders our defense in Bishop coming off a big injury in which he missed almost the entire preseason and the regular season and our other starter AJ Hawk being an overpaid, average player, this is a concern for me. DJ Smith and Brad Jones (if he comes back) both showed that they should stick as back-ups and Terrell Manning hasn't even hit the field yet. We need a guy to develop for the future this draft IMO.

Thoughts?
Packers FTW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Safety.
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers FTW wrote:
I voted Safety.

Yea I agree, I just feel adding a ballhawk back there would make our entire secondary elite. It would benefit every single player back there.
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot depends on who comes back and who comes back healthy...

Right now I say our biggest need is a play maker on the defensive side of the ball. Another dominating DL or a safety would probably be my vote. I like McMillian but how good can he be? He showed flashes but I'm not 100% sold. With Pickett getting older and Raji seeing a TON of snaps I would love to see a another run stopper on the DL, preferably a guy that can also get pressure.
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheesehead430 wrote:
A lot depends on who comes back and who comes back healthy...

Right now I say our biggest need is a play maker on the defensive side of the ball. Another dominating DL or a safety would probably be my vote. I like McMillian but how good can he be? He showed flashes but I'm not 100% sold. With Pickett getting older and Raji seeing a TON of snaps I would love to see a another run stopper on the DL, preferably a guy that can also get pressure.

I totally agree, I just don't feel McMillan is the answer at safety and adding a big guy up front would help spell Raji and Pickett up front and relieve a lot of weight off their shoulders.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO:

1) S
2) DE
3) TE (other)
4) RB
5) WR
6) C
7) ILB
8) OT

I voted safety.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with WR. Jennings is likely gone, Driver is done, Jones is a FA after 2013 and Nelson and Cobb after 2014. We need to get WR in the pipeline who are capable of being starters. I don't think we'll end up keeping both Jones and Nelson when their current contracts are up. The price for both is likely going to shoot up too much and Cobb is going to get a big payday as well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
IMO:

1) S
2) DE
3) TE (other)
4) RB
5) WR
6) C
7) ILB
Cool OT

I voted safety.

Interesting you have tight end so high, do you feel Finley is gonan get cut?
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornOnDaCobb wrote:
justo wrote:
IMO:

1) S
2) DE
3) TE (other)
4) RB
5) WR
6) C
7) ILB
Cool OT

I voted safety.

Even if he's not cut, I really don't think he's likely resigned.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
byzr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted DE. it all starts with the front 7. if we can get pressure on the QB then then i think we have talent at CB and S but QBs are just able to sit back and pick us apart game after game. we need some big fellas up front who can get the LBers in 1 on 1 situations and allow them to terrify the QB.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted other. Only because I like how we are set up as a team, but whoever we bring in I want to see fire, passion and emotion. This team has enough Old Spice and State Farm leaders and not enough curb stomp you in a bar fight guys. I know you don't want wild, reckless thugs up and down your roster, but football is a nasty game. IMO you can have ALL nice guys. I think we could use a couple pass catchers and some length at DE.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:
justo wrote:
IMO:

1) S
2) DE
3) TE (other)
4) RB
5) WR
6) C
7) ILB
8) OT

I voted safety.

I don't even have Finley leaving TBH. I think in a perfect world we extend him and prorate the extra money he should be given this year over a longer contract. I just think if Finley leaves us we have a big hole to fill. I think the value of replacement for Finley over Crabtree (FA)/Williams (hasn't been active as of late)/Taylor (mostly SPT)/Quarless (been hurt for forever) is significant.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
spilltray wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:
justo wrote:
IMO:

1) S
2) DE
3) TE (other)
4) RB
5) WR
6) C
7) ILB
Cool OT

I voted safety.

I don't even have Finley leaving TBH. I think in a perfect world we extend him and prorate the extra money he should be given this year over a longer contract. I just think if Finley leaves us we have a big hole to fill. I think the value of replacement for Finley over Crabtree (FA)/Williams (hasn't been active as of late)/Taylor (mostly SPT)/Quarless (been hurt for forever) is significant.

I don't see him extending. With his inconsistency, it makes no sense for the Packers to tie up a ton of money in him, and with his ego, I don't see him taking a smaller deal for security in an extension. His play next year will tell the tale, but I don't think I'd ever be comfortable giving him a big long term deal.
Abalow7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted DE.

Our pass rush has been DEAD on most occasions...the pressure needs to come from the guys up front. What I'd like to see is a switch back to the 4-3 on a lot of packages. The whole scheme with having 3 down lineman who just hold the point of attack isn't getting it done. We need to get guys in their who are fired up and want to get to the QB. Then if the LBs keep contain I don't think we'd get gashed by the run game so much- this was overly exposed by the 49ers. Put the Giants front 7 in there and kaepernick would have been scrambling for his life IMO.

Packerbacker87 on the SIG ^
BartStarving

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would value athleticism, speed, and toughness over ballhawking skills but, other than that, I agree totally with the Corn man's list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: