Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injury report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Quote:
The #Packers have claimed RB Johnny White off waivers from the Buffalo Bills and placed RB Brandon Saine on injured reserve

Steven Jackson v2 Cool

(yes i realize that's an exaggeration)

R-E-L-A-X
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Twitterverse seems to be pretty bullish on White:

https://twitter.com/russlande/status/257953823824433152

Quote:
RB J. White could really end up contributing to Packers as he has excellent hands catching ball & is VG runner after the catch.

https://twitter.com/cecillammey/status/257954299554983938

Quote:
as expected #packers make a move at RB, add Johnny White former #bills RB, very intent, straight ahead runner, reminds me of poor man's BJGE

https://twitter.com/sigmundbloom/status/257954396602773506

Quote:
Rugged power runner with good burst. Think Marshawn Lynch RT @zachkruse2 Tell us more about Johnny White

https://twitter.com/sigmundbloom/status/257955028759887872

Quote:
no, no. but I think better than Starks. RT @jasonhorst
Johnny White to take over RB1 job?

I'm certainly all on board for "Better than Starks".
Kampman74

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it continues

MM:
Decision on Sherrod, Quarless and Zombo made on Wednesday. Quarless and Zombo are most likely to practice, Sherrod a little behind.

IMO we have to see what Sherrod can do on the field this year or else LT is a very huge need for us in the off-season.

And DJ Smith is done for the year.

Last edited by Kampman74 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
justo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raji was close to play Sunday. Assume that means he will be good to go against St. Louis
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why all the newhouse hate ("or else LT is a very huge need for us in the off-season")? Hes actually been very solid this year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:

IMO we have to see what Sherrod can do on the field this year or else RT is a very huge need for us in the off-season.

FTFY.
Apodrocks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just waiting on Perry news, hope he's not that injured.

^Packerbacker87 on the sig, thanks!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike McCarthy " I saw Nick (Perry) today, he looks good. It's better than we thought it would be." Per Jason Wilde's Twitter

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so only likely casualties are Smith and Saine. We picked up a RB.......we bumpin anyone up to replace smith??
ayt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
And it continues

MM:
Decision on Sherrod, Quarless and Zombo made on Wednesday. Quarless and Zombo are most likely to practice, Sherrod a little behind.

IMO we have to see what Sherrod can do on the field this year or else LT is a very huge need for us in the off-season.

And DJ Smith is done for the year.

Newhouse is fine. Sherrod had no chance to unseat him this year even if he was already healthy and ready to practice all out.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Shields is ok?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
So, Shields is ok?

Considering the turnaround on the medical report for Saine and Smith we can safely conclude that it's not an obviously torn ACL, out for the season. They're able to diagnose that within 24 hours, apparently.

Beyond that, we'll know more on Wednesday. During the game they said it was a shin. I'm not really well informed on shin injuries, to be honest.
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
Why all the newhouse hate ("or else LT is a very huge need for us in the off-season")? Hes actually been very solid this year

If you do not view Newhouse as the weak link on this good team I have no clue why. Also have no clue how one could view his season as "solid". There have been games when Rodgers was looking at him as if to say "really, you can't block anyone 1on1".

My stance on Newhouse is still the same. That's a very good football player that would make any teams 53. That's not the guy I want as my starting left tackle! Even more so in Mac's pass heavy system. Rodgers legs are the only reason why he might not look like the worst starting LT in the game right now IMO. Man is just too hot and cold. Anything but a plus when your job is watching the QB's back and the killer shot when your going to get beat every now and again anyway because of skill set leans.

Now, with that all said. I for one don't view tackle as a top of the shelf need in this years draft. There is some fine young talent on this Packers team at position that should get their looks. I mean, Newhouse can play with help. Sherrod should be 100% by draft day. What will Datko look like with another year in the gym. You could also flip Bulaga if need be and/or move Lang.

Just sayin. If a value tackle is there you always jump. LIS though, I do not see a top shelf need there........JUST YET!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Mike McCarthy " I saw Nick (Perry) today, he looks good. It's better than we thought it would be." Per Jason Wilde's Twitter

Yes, great news! Laughing
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
chucknorris101 wrote:

If you do not view Newhouse as the weak link on this good team I have no clue why. Also have no clue how one could view his season as "solid". There have been games when Rodgers was looking at him as if to say "really, you can't block anyone 1on1".

My stance on Newhouse is still the same. That's a very good football player that would make any teams 53. That's not the guy I want as my starting left tackle! Even more so in Mac's pass heavy system. Rodgers legs are the only reason why he might not look like the worst starting LT in the game right now IMO. Man is just too hot and cold. Anything but a plus when your job is watching the QB's back and the killer shot when your going to get beat every now and again anyway because of skill set leans.

Now, with that all said. I for one don't view tackle as a top of the shelf need in this years draft. There is some fine young talent on this Packers team at position that should get their looks. I mean, Newhouse can play with help. Sherrod should be 100% by draft day. What will Datko look like with another year in the gym. You could also flip Bulaga if need be and/or move Lang.

Just sayin. If a value tackle is there you always jump. LIS though, I do not see a top shelf need there........JUST YET!

I guess our definitions of solid are different then, I agree with you entirely, but i'd rather have another C in there first. Even if Bulaga and Newhouse have issues with speed and push them back around the sides of Rodgers he can still get out if the interior is solid, but it hasnt been. Maybe its just a transition and Saturday will get better as the season goes on, as he's said Sitton helps him out, but IDK yet. Maybe its just my untrained eye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: