Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injury report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kampman74

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="palmy50"]
Packer70 wrote:
Hopefully both Sherrod and Bulaga are good to go for next year...tackle could go from one of our weakest positions to one of the strongest

Newhouse, Sherrod, Bulaga, Barclay, Datko + possible draft picks/UDFA

By all accounts, I would be at some level shocked if that's not the case. As I said from day-1, Bulaga will be fine. They are just playing that thing safe. Many would have played him this year with that injury.

Sherrod is still getting water in the knee. A very common issue with a lower break like that. Sherrod can't bend all that well anyway. Pending style, many would be on the field at this stage of that injury. It's just going to take Sherrod a hair longer because it falls in line with a skill set flaw that he already had.

Your talking about two injuries with very high heal rates though.

That makes me not too happy with McCarthy. Yeah lets get Rodgers killed out there.

Nevermind, I am no Doc so hopefully its for the best, if they are both good to go AT THE START of next season, then I am fine with it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
By all accounts, I would be at some level shocked if that's not the case. As I said from day-1, Bulaga will be fine. They are just playing that thing safe. Many would have played him this year with that injury.

Sherrod is still getting water in the knee. A very common issue with a lower break like that. Sherrod can't bend all that well anyway. Pending style, many would be on the field at this stage of that injury. It's just going to take Sherrod a hair longer because it falls in line with a skill set flaw that he already had.

That makes me not too happy with McCarthy. Yeah lets get Rodgers killed out there.

Nevermind, I am no Doc so hopefully its for the best, if they are both good to go AT THE START of next season, then I am fine with it.

I'm happy with it. It's still a serious injury. No reason to risk a player's long term health, both on and off the field related over something like that. If it's something minor that's fine, bur I'm all for being cautious and responsible with injuries.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
driftwood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I'm happy with it. It's still a serious injury. No reason to risk a player's long term health, both on and off the field related over something like that. If it's something minor that's fine, bur I'm all for being cautious and responsible with injuries.

especially with a player in our long term plans... BB will be a staple of this OL for years to come... no reason to risk that even though losing him is a hit to out talent up front
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Yeah, he wasn't playing real good because of the injury and if he got worse than what he was to begin the season, IR was the best choice. It sucks but I want him and Sherrod healthy and 100% next year, hopefully Lang/Barclay can hold down the fort.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulaga's injury happened in that last game he played. He was pulling on a sweep and took an awkward step and injured his hip. I think he was banged up before that with something different, but he didn't play another snap after the hip injury. Hopefully he will return at 100 percent next year. It sounded the other day like he expected to recover just fine.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worries about it being career threatening or even next year threatening were all people just projecting other situations onto Bulaga like Sherrod, or Buck saying during the broadcast how it reminded him of the Bo Jackson injury. Even the days immediately following the hip injury, the only uncertainty was if he would need surgery or not.

It did look like he was dinged up somewhere prior to that, maybe a knee, ankle or foot, something lower body for sure. He was just starting to come around and moving better when the hip happened.

I'm fairly confident Bulaga will be fully ready to go come training camp. I'm glad its being clarified publicly more so people stop freaking out about needing to invest heavily in new tackles before next season.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because why not
Quote:
@jasonjwilde
Never dull on #Packers OLine: PR man @JButnick informs us RT Don Barclay (@Barclay_64) is added to injury report as questionable (illness).

The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Because why not
Quote:
@jasonjwilde
Never dull on #Packers OLine: PR man @JButnick informs us RT Don Barclay (@Barclay_64) is added to injury report as questionable (illness).
GDI!!! Lang can't get cleared because he is sick, GVR is sick, Barclay is sick, a few other players were sick the past few weeks. Can we get a quarantine? Maybe sterilize the lockerroom or something. Let's not even talk about anybody else getting sick and what it would do to this team *knocks on wood, then throws salt over shoulder*
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
The worries about it being career threatening or even next year threatening were all people just projecting other situations onto Bulaga like Sherrod, or Buck saying during the broadcast how it reminded him of the Bo Jackson injury. Even the days immediately following the hip injury, the only uncertainty was if he would need surgery or not.

It did look like he was dinged up somewhere prior to that, maybe a knee, ankle or foot, something lower body for sure. He was just starting to come around and moving better when the hip happened.

I'm fairly confident Bulaga will be fully ready to go come training camp. I'm glad its being clarified publicly more so people stop freaking out about needing to invest heavily in new tackles before next season.

You can take it for what it's worth. But Bulaga had a left MCL sprain early on. Why he had the brace for a few games there. Was told the brace was a bigger issue for him than the knee.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said he expected Worthy to miss the entire off-season.

Worthy said on Sunday that he had a bone bruise and that there was too much swelling in his knee to get a clear reading on an MRI. He gave no indication at all that surgery was planned.

Mike Trovoac said so in todays presser.

Sorry to nercopost, not that old of a thread. And I figured we could start the doom and gloom for next year. Hopefully he is good to go for the regular season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
He said he expected Worthy to miss the entire off-season.

Worthy said on Sunday that he had a bone bruise and that there was too much swelling in his knee to get a clear reading on an MRI. He gave no indication at all that surgery was planned.

Mike Trovoac said so in todays presser.

Sorry to nercopost, not that old of a thread. And I figured we could start the doom and gloom for next year. Hopefully he is good to go for the regular season.
No offseason is REALLY going to hurt him/set him back.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that always scares me a bit going into a season is when a "big" on either side of the ball can't train his lower half because of injury. Sadly, the Packers now have three of their bell cow "bigs" in this boat with Bulaga, Sherrod, and Worthy. Some still come back strong like Clifton did after the Sapp hit. But many have a hard time getting their base back the first year.

It might sound crazy now. But Bulaga is the one that scares me the most in this regard. Bulaga is not the type of talent that can stay out of a gym for very long and compete at tackle in the NFL. Much of what makes Bulaga Bulaga is that he is willing to work harder than the next guy. Lets be real here also, Bulaga's bread n butter at RT has never been his anchor strength either.

Just sayin. Those three might be 100% healthy come camp but that don't mean they are 100% in football shape.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
One thing that always scares me a bit going into a season is when a "big" on either side of the ball can't train his lower half because of injury. Sadly, the Packers now have three of their bell cow "bigs" in this boat with Bulaga, Sherrod, and Worthy. Some still come back strong like Clifton did after the Sapp hit. But many have a hard time getting their base back the first year.

It might sound crazy now. But Bulaga is the one that scares me the most in this regard. Bulaga is not the type of talent that can stay out of a gym for very long and compete at tackle in the NFL. Much of what makes Bulaga Bulaga is that he is willing to work harder than the next guy. Lets be real here also, Bulaga's bread n butter at RT has never been his anchor strength either.

Just sayin. Those three might be 100% healthy come camp but that don't mean they are 100% in football shape.

Ah crap, nothing like ruining next season before it starts!! Confused Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just something to think about. Not much anyone can do about it and every team has a few of them. Not like it's not on the level for the Packers because they had those injuries. Far more knives hit skin after the season than fans will ever know about. Just part of the game.

There is a reason why body types don't change half as much in the pros season to season as they do in college. Half your team will go under for a clean out or something of the like. By the time the injury is ready the next season is just around the corner.

Guys ask me all the time why I'm so big on body types out of school. There are a host of reasons but this is one of the big ones. What you see is often what you end up getting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worthy sounds like he should be good to go by TC.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/green-bay-packers-daily-links-worthy-undergoes-knee-surgery

Paul Imig of Fox Sports Wisconsin Wrote:

Quote:
“Worthy’s recovery could last into spring, potentially keeping him off the field when organized team activities begin.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: