Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What if you guys get the #1 overall pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I would trade the pick for a deal similar to St. Louis/Washington because if Geno Smith is really good enough to be the franchise and suplant Brandon Weeden then he is more than good enough for a team like Kansas City or Arizona to trade that much to get him.

I say we trade #1 for a 1st and 2nd and 2014 1st and 2nd. That is fair and still less than what Washington gave up so its more than realistic.

We use our new selection on the stud CB of the draft. Now we hope everything falls right so that some team wants that 2nd round pick and we trade that pick for a 2014 1st straight up New England style. That leaves the us with 3 first round picks and 2 seconds round picks in 2014.

With those picks we trade all three 1st, if thats what it takes, to move up to #1 or #2 overall and select JaDeveon Clowney and we still have 2 2nds and a 3rd plus all the late rounds to add talent and depth to the team.

End pipe dream.

oh, the sweetness that would be.

I'm all aboard the Clowney bandwagon.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly believe Clowny is going to be to DE what Megatron is to WR

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

You may be right. He's a rare physical specimen that defies the laws of physics while also being mentally gifted at the game of football.

For a guy thats 6'5" and 260LBS, he's moves around like he's 5'9" and 170. But hits like he's 320 lbs.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

You may be right. He's a rare physical specimen that defies the laws of physics while also being mentally gifted at the game of football.

For a guy thats 6'5" and 260LBS, he's moves around like he's 5'9" and 170. But hits like he's 320 lbs.

not only that, but watching him this year from last year, last year he was just out athleteing everbody, this year I am seeing him have legit pass rushing moves, stunting, making the smart play

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

not only that, but watching him this year from last year, last year he was just out athleteing everbody, this year I am seeing him have legit pass rushing moves, stunting, making the smart play

Yea, his progression has been nothing short of impressive. A really exciting player to watch.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I would trade the pick for a deal similar to St. Louis/Washington because if Geno Smith is really good enough to be the franchise and suplant Brandon Weeden then he is more than good enough for a team like Kansas City or Arizona to trade that much to get him.

I say we trade #1 for a 1st and 2nd and 2014 1st and 2nd. That is fair and still less than what Washington gave up so its more than realistic.

We use our new selection on the stud CB of the draft. Now we hope everything falls right so that some team wants that 2nd round pick and we trade that pick for a 2014 1st straight up New England style. That leaves the us with 3 first round picks and 2 seconds round picks in 2014.

With those picks we trade all three 1st, if thats what it takes, to move up to #1 or #2 overall and select JaDeveon Clowney and we still have 2 2nds and a 3rd plus all the late rounds to add talent and depth to the team.

End pipe dream.

I like this pipe deam---- I don't now much about the CB class in this draft but I would love it if we continue to get good play from our guards so that's not a need, and maybe focus FA on our DB's and then depending on where we are in the first , I would love to get Te'o then next year have him DQ and Gocong with the young guys as solid backups then we would have a Great LB core for some years, then the thought of clowney.... Ummm best front 7 in the league style with an offense at can move the ball with T-rich and an elite D I think weeden can be very successful for us....

Ohhhh I now have a dream that won't happen to cling to for a while Cool

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to go on the record & say on paper currently this years draft class outside of Geno Smith, Bjoern Werner, & Jarvis Jones is the worst draft in the last 5 years. There is some depth at quality 4/3 DE & 3/4 OLB in the early 1st middle 2nd round but not much else.

I would like to mention also Josh Gordon if playing on a team with a RG3 would definetly be a late round 1st - middle second round pick. If he would run 4.30-4.39 at the combine which this is the kind of guy who could of done 4.40 with enough time this year. He would rate as high as top 15 2013 with 10 TDs 1000 yards after losing the one season.

If Geno Smith would go unbeaten or only lose 1 & get the Heisman with a solid combine. His value would be equal to RG3 & higher than Cam Newton coming out.

Personally I look for Geno Smith to lose 1 or even 2 games. His completion % should cool off at around 75-77% which is still amazing & end up throwing 4-7 INT. If we trade out we would not get a ton more than 2 1st & 2 2nds.

He was noticeably different this last game against Texas who did bring the heat. I loved the dink & dunks he made. He also got lucky on several short passes that went for big yards. He is very agile, fast, & showed very strong awareness. I see him in his existing form being an equal to Colt McCoy with the shorts & running + the long ball & intermediate routes Weeden throws. Slightly better on the run than Colt & maybe a small 1/2 step behind Weeden on the deep ball.

If we take Geno Smith with this team we are 100% adding 1 more year to the plan & I am not for that right now. Personally Weeden showed me enough to say lets work on next season now. I love the fact they are just letting Weeden throw it so much.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

i see the nickname now

the clowny brownie lol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

i see the nickname now

the clowny brownie lol

prefer Death Off The Edge lol

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

bulldog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney is only 19 right now BTW. Turns 20 in February.

We think he's gifted now? wait till he's 22-25.
StewieRules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kam, I sure do like your thinking on all this - I'm in complete agreement on this one, in large part because of the points that Boca makes - Smith, while an appealing option, would set back the rebuild another year. Trading down would get us (IMO) into wild card contention if a choice FA or two are part of it, plus put us in a position for 2014 to go after Clowney.

Don't think there's any other way to look at it really unless Weeden has a melt-down, which I do not suspect will be the case.
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Heckert is still the GM, there's about no chance the Browns draft a QB, especially if Weeden keeps improving. If there's a new regime, then it's possible that the Browns draft a quarterback.

I like Weeden but I also really like Geno Smith. It would suck to be done with Weeden after one year when he's looked pretty good thus far, but I wouldn't complain too much since I think Smith could be an elite quarterback in the NFL.

If they stick with Weeden, then hopefully they trade down and get a lot of draft picks in return.

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

buno67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

i see the nickname now

the clowny brownie lol

nope

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

i see the nickname now

the clowny brownie lol

nope

Well we're at an impasse then

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:
Trade down to around 4-5 so someone else gets there QB.

Pickup the best DE / OLB / WR....whatever is BPA that coincides with a need.

Plus 1

That is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: