Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chan Gailey shall not be fired.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swolfdab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
swolfdab wrote:
Casey Bradley is probably going to get a job somewhere down the line but I don't think next season has his name written on it.

If we're going to give a guy with a lack of NFL experience a shot, I think Chip Kelly or Kirby Smart would be better options. I promise you that if Ralph and Russ sat down with either of those guys for an interview, they would have a real hard time not calling either of them back with a job offer.

Why Smart? He has only spent one season in the NFL as a positional coach, and as a DC at Alabama he has done well working under/with Nick Saban, but the bulk of that Alabama defense is Saban's design and the talent they have on the defensive side of the football it would be very tough not to have success with them.

I am not all that impressed with what he has done. Chip Kelly, yeah. Smart, not so much.

I just really like Kirby Smart. I think he is going to be a great head coach for somebody. Yes, Bama's defense has been successful due in large part to Nick Saban but Smart isn't the highest paid coordinator in college football for nothing. He has respect amongst his peers and his players and he will be at the helm of a team next season. (Either a highly prestigious college program or a struggling NFL franchise) And I wouldn't mind if Buffalo gave him a shot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
I just really like Kirby Smart. I think he is going to be a great head coach for somebody. Yes, Bama's defense has been successful due in large part to Nick Saban but Smart isn't the highest paid coordinator in college football for nothing. He has respect amongst his peers and his players and he will be at the helm of a team next season. (Either a highly prestigious college program or a struggling NFL franchise) And I wouldn't mind if Buffalo gave him a shot.
He isn't the highest paid. The OC for Clemson is. Cool

Sig bet
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gailey better righten the ship than..
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gailey is in such a tough situation. He believed in his players and in his coaching staff so much that he thought he had the luxury of bringing in a second kicker. Potter was inactive for the first time last week and it's not likely he will still be on the roster by the end of the season. Gailey desperately needed this bye week to re-evaluate. I have no idea how he's going to turn this around, or even if he can.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: