Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts in the playoffs?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Colts in the playoffs? Reply with quote

Obviously they're not gonna win that division when Houston's looking like the best team in the league.
But they're sitting at 2-2 right now and they've got a string of 5 very winnable games coming up

@Jets
Browns
@Titans
Dolphins
Jaguars

Then after a trip to New England, they have home games against the Bills and Titans, and then a road game against the Chiefs. They close out the season at home against Houston, where odds are good that the Texans will be resting starters.
So basically that's 9 games left on their schedule that they're very capable of winnning, with Andrew Luck showing he belongs in the NFL and a defense that, while by no means great, is keeping them in games.

They're probably not gonna win ALL of those games, but 7 of 9 is certainly doable, and without any particularly impressive teams in the AFC outside the 3 elites [Houston, New England, Baltimore], 9-7 could well be good enough for a wild card berth.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And especially when you consider they're playing for Chuck right now, I wouldn't understimate the power of that team.

However, they are still going to lose a few games we think they'll win, too. I think the Colts are a very unpredictable, yet dangerous team.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the Overreactions thread. I think they can. Right now, I only see three teams that will certainly make the playoffs in the AFC. The Texans, Patriots, and Ravens. Someone has to win the AFC West and I think it will be the Broncos. That leaves you with Indy, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and San Diego fighting for the two wild cards.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see them finishing .500 or so.

They are definitely better than I thought they would be but I still see them falling short of the playoffs.

That being said, most of the teams one their schedule are no better and they will be in every game...so it certainly isnt out of the question.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
joru1000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they've narrowly beaten the vikings and packers at home. i think it shows they can hang in there with good teams as long as they have mathis and freeney, and the power of the crowd on their side. both guys have been injured a lot so who knows. i'd say they have a 33-50 percent chance of making a wild card judging by that schedule and assuming there are no major injuries to their key players. if they did make the playoffs i'd imagine they would get absolutely clobbered seeing as how that team is so young and will be playing it on the road.

Last edited by joru1000 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not out of the question,but their defense is still very bad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine for a second that Andrew Luck wins the Super Bowl as a rookie. [REMOVED] Tebow would have nothing on him.

Nothing remotely appropriate with that statement. Please, be mindful that we're trying to run a business here.

- ET
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Colts are a better team than most want to give credit for. They are clearly the 2nd best team in the division and should be a solid 8-8 team.

Luck is having an underrated rookie season, he looks quite good, though his efficiency is down. They beat the Packers and Vikes at home, no easy feats.
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts were a long play away from being 3-1 (curse you Bethea, he has been absolute crap the past two seasons) after facing a tough schedule with the Bears, Packers, and Vikings. They absolutely have a shot at the playoffs. It all depends on how well the rest of the AFC does, particularly the Broncos, Chargers, and Steelers. In a close game, expect the Colts to win. But I think in the end the Colts will fall a game short, there just aren't enough pieces in place yet for this new regime.

There's no question the defensive line and the cornerbacks have been playing extremely well however. Safety play and linebacker play (outside of the rookie Freeman) have been the issues when there were problems. The Colts are 5th in sacks per game; Robert Mathis leads the league in consecutive games with a sack, and has had 5 sacks in 4 games. Imagine what will happen once Freeney is completely healthy. The defense has been decent folks.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I posted this in the Overreactions thread. I think they can. Right now, I only see three teams that will certainly make the playoffs in the AFC. The Texans, Patriots, and Ravens. Someone has to win the AFC West and I think it will be the Broncos. That leaves you with Indy, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and San Diego fighting for the two wild cards.

I wouldn't rule out Miami.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
green24 wrote:

I wouldn't rule out Miami.

Possibly. They look the 2009 Jets minus the elite defense. I think they could finish with 7-8 wins, but I don't see them making the playoffs.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it unless they're somehow good enough to sweep Ten and Jax and take care of the other bottom feeders from here on out...unlikely. That win over GB was more emotion against a team that hasn't hid their stride yet. AFC is pretty weak...you got NE, Hou,Bal, and SD at the moment, with Den and Pit being the teams most would expect to pick things up and either contend for the division or be a WC. Bengals are in position, but with their schedule, unimpressive play, and loss to Miami at home, i'd say they are a very long shot.

Honestly, anyone but the Browns still has a shot if they can somehow put things together....everyone sucks.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston
Pittsburgh
New England
San Diego
Denver
Baltimore.

No room for the Colts.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Houston
Pittsburgh
New England
San Diego
Denver
Baltimore.

No room for the Colts.
Do Pittsburgh and Denver look like playoff-caliber teams to you? Because to me, they sure don't.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I envy that five game stretch they have, my god. Wish the Panthers had that.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: