Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT - Detroit Lions (1-15?) vs Philadelphia Eagles (14-2?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many do the Eagles win by?
400
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
399
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
398
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
397
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Under 396 (FAILURE)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22392
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week it was

Steelers Off #1 in 3rd down conversions
Eagles Def #3 stopping 3rd down conversions

See what happened on that last drive.

I heard a rediculous stat I think on NFLN saying the eagles have 52 TO's in their last 21 games. God where this team could go if this stat was reversed. We have to hope Vick can pull a Eli from 07'. People forget he had close to 20 TO's as well the first half of the season only to cut that number to a select few the last 1/2 of the season. If we eliminate TO's this offense starts to put up lower 30's upper 20's every week. I'll take my chances in that scenario.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34435
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think prior to the Steelers game we were getting off the field 26 % on third down, and Steelers was converting 2/3 atleast in the 60%

we held them to 42.6% or something like that on third down, That's not bad at all.
_________________

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21048
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually have nothing to say nice about Vick, but now and again he does something middle of the pack.

Quote:
In his past four games, Vick has completed 61 percent of his passes for 1,004 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions, good for a passer rating of 89.4. He hasn’t thrown an interception in his past two games.

_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
I usually have nothing to say nice about Vick, but now and again he does something middle of the pack.

Quote:
In his past four games, Vick has completed 61 percent of his passes for 1,004 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions, good for a passer rating of 89.4. He hasn’t thrown an interception in his past two games.


Nice to see, but where ever you got that from didn't do all of their home work. Vick has 3 straight games with no INT.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/2549/michael-vick
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21048
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
I usually have nothing to say nice about Vick, but now and again he does something middle of the pack.

Quote:
In his past four games, Vick has completed 61 percent of his passes for 1,004 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions, good for a passer rating of 89.4. He hasn’t thrown an interception in his past two games.


Nice to see, but where ever you got that from didn't do all of their home work. Vick has 3 straight games with no INT.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/2549/michael-vick


Well he hasn't thrown one in the last two games hasn't he Wink

And I copied that stat from another report, so the reporter obviously didn't do his research?
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BirdsFan06050


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19527
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Love that Andy Reid gif. That's the GD best.

So, this is the game I need Aso and the Aso defenders to step up. He should be playing a big WR all game man to man. Let's see if he can handle this "perfect" scenario for his skill set and prove to me he's still elite.


Going up against Megatron isn't exactly a perfect situation. Laughing

Should be a fun battle to watch though, but the key to stoping this Detroit attack will be pressure.
_________________
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Well he hasn't thrown one in the last two games hasn't he Wink


Touche, but why give some credit if you're not giving all the credit deserved?

But Vick's fumbles are a problem, so masking that with those numbers you posted is proposed eye candy. We're 2-2 in our last 4 games. That's the only stat that counts right now.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21048
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Love that Andy Reid gif. That's the GD best.

So, this is the game I need Aso and the Aso defenders to step up. He should be playing a big WR all game man to man. Let's see if he can handle this "perfect" scenario for his skill set and prove to me he's still elite.


Going up against Megatron isn't exactly a perfect situation. Laughing

Should be a fun battle to watch though, but the key to stoping this Detroit attack will be pressure.


Something we've distinctly lacked the last few weeks

Detroit are joint 8th in sacks allowed and 6th in QB hits so they are getting better than what they've been like historically.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Detroit are joint 8th in sacks allowed and 6th in QB hits so they are getting better than what they've been like historically.


Like I mentioned earlier, they use a lot of shotgun sets on offense. That can negate easy pressure for sure.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early line out of Vegas has us favored by 5.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick will never stop fumbling. He's always been a fumbler, relative to his position. It's now even more evident because he is slower and easier to get a good hit on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 24259
Location: Eagles Forum HOF
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People trying to convince themselves that Vick throwing no INT's in the last two games is good.

DeSean hasn't thrown one since 2008, Start JAckson
_________________
IrishGreen wrote:
i love the eagles fans on here
i wish we could merge with them and make a mega fanbase

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Vick will never stop fumbling. He's always been a fumbler, relative to his position. It's now even more evident because he is slower and easier to get a good hit on.


Every time Vick has the ball in his hands, which is every offensive play, I get a little too nervous. It's crazy how much more careful McNabb was with the football, even though he had his obvious limitations as well.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21048
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Vick will never stop fumbling. He's always been a fumbler, relative to his position. It's now even more evident because he is slower and easier to get a good hit on.


Every time Vick has the ball in his hands, which is every offensive play, I get a little too nervous. It's crazy how much more careful McNabb was with the football, even though he had his obvious limitations as well.


Wormburners are you friends!
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48325
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of ball handling, McCoy scares me every time he has the ball. I feel like if people go after the ball he will start fumbling left and right. He does not secure that ball very well.

And he doesn't switch hands when running the sideline. Elementary technique is to hold the ball on the outside arm so if it comes loose it goes out of bounds.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 4 of 128

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group