Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Lewis out for year - Ravens thin at ILB
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Ray Lewis out for year - Ravens thin at ILB Reply with quote

The Ravens just announced that Ray Lewis is gone for the season torn tricep. Career may be over. In the short term, the Ravens have a big shoe to fill (even though they were already dreadful against the run) with Lewis now out. They need an ILB…

Enter Stewart Bradley. Harbaugh and Bradley have a history, dating back to 2007 when both were in the Eagles organization.

Meanwhile, the Ravens have a certain veteran LT riding the bench as the team's third tackle…Bryant McKinnie.

While the trade would make us thin at LB with Walker already nicked up, Lenon and Washington play nearly the whole game anyway. We use WAY more DBs then LBs in Horton's scheme.

Could a trade be worked out for these veteran players? I say give it a shot.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Lewis out for year - Ravens thin at ILB Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
The Ravens just announced that Ray Lewis is gone for the season torn tricep. Career may be over. In the short term, the Ravens have a big shoe to fill (even though they were already dreadful against the run) with Lewis now out. They need an ILB…

Enter Stewart Bradley. Harbaugh and Bradley have a history, dating back to 2007 when both were in the Eagles organization.

Meanwhile, the Ravens have a certain veteran LT riding the bench as the team's third tackle…Bryant McKinnie.

While the trade would make us thin at LB with Walker already nicked up, Lenon and Washington play nearly the whole game anyway. We use WAY more DBs then LBs in Horton's scheme.

a] I don't think Whis is going to trade for a guy with well knwon weight issues.

b] Say we do bring him in, he sits on the bench for 6 weeks as he learns the playcalls and schemes, if we insert him earlier it severely limits what we can do offensively, takes away the no huddle et al.

c] Adding players midseason is rarely a success.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my opinion, but I'd rather have an uninformed Bryant McKinnie who's behind in the playbook rather than D'Anthony Batiste who couldn't cut it in the CFL.

McKinnie is a former Pro Bowl offensive linemen as recent as 2009, and has started 147 games in this league. He's being phased out because Baltimore drafted a rookie OT in round 2 last April.

Let him learn on the fly and take the mistakes as they come. At least McKinnie would eventually improve, while I think the worst is yet to come from D'Anthony.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Lewis out for year - Ravens thin at ILB Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

a] I don't think Whis is going to trade for a guy with well knwon weight issues.

b] Say we do bring him in, he sits on the bench for 6 weeks as he learns the playcalls and schemes, if we insert him earlier it severely limits what we can do offensively, takes away the no huddle et al.

This offensive line is on pace to be one of the worst in league history. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

And it's not like Bradley is even making an impact. We aren't talking draft picks here either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus we have a history of dealing with Baltimore IE Boldin trade.

Don't underestimate that.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenon is regressing at an alarming rate right now and Reggie Walker's out injured.

We're just as thin at ILB from what I can tell.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Lenon is regressing at an alarming rate right now and Reggie Walker's out injured.

They don't have a player the caliber of Daryl, and even though Lenon tends to wear down as the season goes along, the coaching staff has shown no signs of taking him out.

It comes down to this question...Is it worth hurting depth at one position to hopefully improve another? And McKinnie would become a starter, while Bradley is 4th on the depth chart.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Lewis out for year - Ravens thin at ILB Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

This offensive line is on pace to be one of the worst in league history.

Just to reiterate, this is not accurate. PFF attributes 6 sacks to out QB alone, I count 4 sacks that aren't even sacks. Take 10 of that OL total, that's what is truly accurate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

They don't have a player the caliber of Daryl, and even though Lenon tends to wear down as the season goes along, the coaching staff has shown no signs of taking him out.

It comes down to this question...Is it worth hurting depth at one position to hopefully improve another? And McKinnie would become a starter, while Bradley is 4th on the depth chart.

1. Daryl Washington is irrelevant the conversation. We're a 3-4 team, we need 2 ILBs. Unless you think D-Wash can play 2 spots at once...
2. He's 3rd on the dfepth chart as long as Walker's out.
3. Is there anything to suggest Baltimore's even interested in trading McKinnie other than just he's a backup?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Lewis out for year - Ravens thin at ILB Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Just to reiterate, this is not accurate. PFF attributes 6 sacks to out QB alone, I count 4 sacks that aren't even sacks. Take 10 of that OL total, that's what is truly accurate.

Every QB causes sacks of their own and some sacks that are called aren't actually sacks.

Those sack numbers throughout league history could be inflated by those same measures so...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Lewis out for year - Ravens thin at ILB Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Every QB causes sacks of their own and some sacks that are called aren't actually sacks.

Those sack numbers throughout league history could be inflated by those same measures so...

So we have no idea what this OL itself is truly headed towards. Thanks, furthers my point.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was just speculation, but you've gotta wonder why they haven't at least brought in some free agent OL to work them out during the week...

Other teams have brought guys in for workouts, albeit no names but still

Or we truely content with this group?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
This thread was just speculation, but you've gotta wonder why they haven't at least brought in some free agent OL to work them out during the week...

Other teams have brought guys in for workouts, albeit no names but still

Or we truely content with this group?

We bring guys in for workouts weekly. They rarely get reported unless it's a "name", like Andre Carter but we bring in guys weekly throughout the season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Lewis out for year - Ravens thin at ILB Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

So we have no idea what this OL itself is truly headed towards. Thanks, furthers my point.

No I'm pretty sure we all know it's headed towards complete awfulness Laughing

It'll at least be the worst OL the Cards have ever had. I'm comfortable making that statement.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Lewis out for year - Ravens thin at ILB Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

No I'm pretty sure we all know it's headed towards complete awfulness Laughing

It'll at least be the worst OL the Cards have ever had. I'm comfortable making that statement.

I've been making that statement for two months. I know we've suffered injuries to Brown and Bridges, but we signed Snyder right out of the gate.

He's the worst Olinemen in football IMO.

Besides, Bridges looked awful at OT in the preseason. I know he can play on the interior, but do you think the coaches would really pull Snyder?

Massie is the only one worth a damn. Colledge would be an OK player if he was on a plus line. Lyle is getting exposed this season like never before, Batiste wouldn't be on anyone elses roster and I firmly believe that.

Mix in a poor play-calling and inconsistent QB play, and you have the worst oline in franchise history.

Again, the record for this franchise is 78 back in 1997. That is also second all time behind Philly with 104 in 1986.

79 sacks, for this unit and this upcoming schedule, is COMPLETELY doable.

Anyone who now doubts this is fooling themselves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: