Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bounce Back: Buffalo Bills at Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
548 yards on 125 plays 4.38 yards per play, 8-27 (29.63%) on third downs. 31 points.

That is what our defense has done over the last two games.

Those per game ranks would be 3rd(Yards), 1st(YPP), 3rd(3rd downs) and 5th (PPG) in the NFL, yet we are going to act like the defense is the reason we lost these games. Put a half decent offense on the field and we win this by 10+ points.

Has our D given up big play, yeah, have they played as well as they can, no. Have they played well enough to win. Heck yeah.

THE reason? No. A big damn part of it? Abolutely.

Damn near a dozen plays the last 3 weeks of over 30 yards allowed. That's laughable. That's what bad teams do.

We can give up as many 30+ yard plays we like as long as we are A] Keeping points off the board and B] Not putting our offense in holes.

Over the past two weeks we have not done that. Yeah we have given up big plays but they have not killed us.

Our D has played better over the last two weeks than they did against New England. Yet everyone was praising the D vs the Patriots because we came away with a tough road win.

Completely false on both accounts.

51 yard touchdown ring a bell? Starting inside our 20 50% of the time just ignored now?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter

QB John Skelton said the play he threw the interception on in OT was the same play on which Kolb threw his INT earlier in the game. #BUFvsAZ

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
How can a straight shooter be so brainwashed. Unreal.

Huh? Did I miss something here?

He's referring to me I believe but I stand by my comment. The box score incorrectly states how "well" Buffalo's OL played in the pass game and if/when the league reviews, it'll come to light. If all plays were called the same, 1 of the 2 following scenarios would be portrayed on the box score:

-2 less QB sacks for Buffalo
-2 more sacks for OBS, giving him 4 for the day

That speaks for itself. AND, that includes the 1 yard sack on the play where Kolb got hurt that was actually a run play. That'll stay a sack I'm sure but people putting that on the OL would be wrong. That's on Powell.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter

QB John Skelton said the play he threw the interception on in OT was the same play on which Kolb threw his INT earlier in the game. #BUFvsAZ

Gotta learn from the mistakes of others. That's a big part of not just football but life in general. You see someone make a mistake, let it sink in and react to it down the line.

2 guys standing right there. It's a pretty easy no throw.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
548 yards on 125 plays 4.38 yards per play, 8-27 (29.63%) on third downs. 31 points.

That is what our defense has done over the last two games.

Those per game ranks would be 3rd(Yards), 1st(YPP), 3rd(3rd downs) and 5th (PPG) in the NFL, yet we are going to act like the defense is the reason we lost these games. Put a half decent offense on the field and we win this by 10+ points.

Has our D given up big play, yeah, have they played as well as they can, no. Have they played well enough to win. Heck yeah.

THE reason? No. A big damn part of it? Abolutely.

Damn near a dozen plays the last 3 weeks of over 30 yards allowed. That's laughable. That's what bad teams do.

We can give up as many 30+ yard plays we like as long as we are A] Keeping points off the board and B] Not putting our offense in holes.

Over the past two weeks we have not done that. Yeah we have given up big plays but they have not killed us.

Our D has played better over the last two weeks than they did against New England. Yet everyone was praising the D vs the Patriots because we came away with a tough road win.

Completely false on both accounts.

51 yard touchdown ring a bell? Starting inside our 20 50% of the time just ignored now?

By inside are you talking 20 yardline as well?

Yeah we gave up a 51 yard TD, but we have given up 31 total points across two games, that, to me, is keeping points off the board.

Starting position today was;

BUF 33
ARI 13 - Part of this is on the D, but the drive only gave up 31 yards, hardly think that is poor D
ARI 20 - Touchback
ARI 26
ARI 33
ARI 14 - D got a 3 and out, huge punt, two yard loss on the return
ARI 27
ARI 26
ARI 16 - Poor kickoff return
ARI 30
ARI 15 - Possibly bad choice to come out of the endzone on Peterson
BUF 48
ARI 20 - Touchback

Four of 13 drive started inside the 20, 6 of 13 started at the 20 or inside. Only one of the poor field position starts can be put on the D, and even then they only gave up 31 yards on that drive. (Allowing 31 yards per drive would put you 15th in the NFL in yards/drive)

On Thursday

ARI 20 - Touchback
ARI29
ARI 14 - D got a 4 and out just 10 yards allowed, Massive Punt and no return
ARI 20 - Touchback
ARI 6 - Huge punt, D got a 3 and out with -3 yards, ST's gave up 10 yards in penalties.
ARI 20 - Touchback
ARI 13 - D got a 3 and out, Huge Punt
ARI 20 - INT in endzone
ARI 20 - Touchback
STL 33
STL 45

Again 3 of 12 inside the 20, 8 of 12 at the 20 or inside. Not a single one of those could be put on the D for putting the offense in a poor position.

7 of 25 drives starting inside the 20, none of which are the defenses fault.
14 of 25 drive starting at the 20 or inside, none of which are the fault of the defense.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Allowing 31 yards per drive would put you 15th in the NFL in yards/drive"

In a 32 team league, that's squarely mediocre. No idea why you included that little nugget of info. A squarely mediocre defense, on average, would very much be a big time problem.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
"Allowing 31 yards per drive would put you 15th in the NFL in yards/drive"

In a 32 team league, that's squarely mediocre. No idea why you included that little nugget of info. A squarely mediocre defense, on average, would very much be a big time problem.

The point there is that it was not like it was a stupidly bad drive, the allowed 31 yards and then forced a punt.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last 3 weeks, this defense has allowed 11 plays of over 20 yards. 11. Those plays have either directly or through the course of the offensive team's drive amounted to 24 points given up for us and that doesn't include a 19 yard touchdown pass, which would make it 31 points.

Big plays change games. I've said that a hundred times on this forum, big plays change games. The last 3 weeks, our defense has changed the games we've played for the negative. We've stopped making game changing plays too. The 2 picks by Peterson were obviously big but they both happened deep in our territory(Which brings me back to my point about our defense putting our offense in bad positions). The FF today was about all we've done defensively in terms of game changing plays.

FGs and Zastudil aside, we've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on special teams either. No punt returns, none that didn't come back because of a yellow flag anyone. No kick returns, no blocks, no nothing.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
The last 3 weeks, this defense has allowed 11 plays of over 20 yards. 11. Those plays have either directly or through the course of the offensive team's drive amounted to 24 points given up for us and that doesn't include a 19 yard touchdown pass, which would make it 31 points.

Has anyone said any different? Our D needs to cut out the big plays they are giving up, I have said that from the start, but the big plays they are giving are are not why we are losing football games.

The offense that ranks dead last in the league is. We just played a team that coming into this week was allowing 35.2 PPG and we struggled our way to 16 of them that included a 61 yard FG and a FG that was off a drive that started in FG range.

Bottom Line, if this offese could put up 20 points a game we would be 5-1. 20 points is tied for 21st in the league in scoring.

If this was even a slightly below average scoring offense we would be a very tough team to beat, but alas we are 26th in scoring offense, 31st in YPG, 32nd in Yards per Play, 26th in 3rd down offense.

We have ten total offensive touchdowns, there are 8 teams that have 10 or more passing TD's 1 teams that has 10 or more rushing TD's and 1 team that have 10 or more of both.

That is 10 different NFL teams have at least equalled our total TD output by only rushing or passing the football.

JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't put a damn thing on the defense. They have to always be on their toes with our offense.

They have no luxury.

This is the worst offense in football, and it is 99% due to the worst offensive line in franchise history and one of the worst units in the history of the NFL.

You give Kolb and our backs even an average line and we're 6-0.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I put on our defense;

MISSED FREAKING TACKLES. On every play Buffalo got a chunk on the ground there was a missed tackle. The 33 yard run, we had a shot to drop Spiller for a loss. The 17 yard run by Smith the next play, we had a shot to drop him for a loss.

Missed tackles will kill a team, KILL a team. We had far too many of them today.

As an aside, both those above plays had blatant holding not called that created big space for the runners.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to enjoy watching the All-22 of this film offensively. From what I can see we missed a LOT of plays in the passing game and I mean big chunks and about 6-8 different chances.

I don't want to see LSH get another carry if they are only going to call that gimmicky little delay crap out of the shotgun with him. WiPo did a tremendous job, found lanes that were not there with moves, lot of upside in this kid, I really like him.

Again, give it up with all this gimmicky delay and draw crap out of the shotgun, give it up with all the stupid little fake toss plays, give it up, they do not work, that should show up on film, but apparently our staff ignores it, we now have 6 games worth of that crap not working, why keep doing it?

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
How can a straight shooter be so brainwashed. Unreal.

Huh? Did I miss something here?

Just a subtle jab. Wink

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
I blame both QB and Feely gets some blame to

Both QB's for sure. Terrible pick by Kolb at midfield when we were driving. He's like Skelton last year. Putting together great drives by dramatically scrambling for a 1st down then throwing a terrible pass... If Kolb & Skelton continue to be mediocre all season what do we do? I doubt we'll be picking high enough for Geno or Barkley and no good QB's hit the market. We could cut Kolb to save the dough and sign the best OL available. Skelton and Lindley battle it out. Damnit 3 years and no franchise QB yet. In this on Whiz?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
I don't put a damn thing on the defense. They have to always be on their toes with our offense.

They have no luxury.

This is the worst offense in football, and it is 99% due to the worst offensive line in franchise history and one of the worst units in the history of the NFL.

You give Kolb and our backs even an average line and we're 6-0.

Yet people want to continue this "wait and see" approach regarding the OL thinking we'll eventually get it figured out. Mike B needs to overrule Whiz and bring someone in to overhaul the OL. Batiste, terrible. Snyder, terrible. Massie, not a starter. Levi, a RT or Guard. Russ Grimm, what is he actually getting paid to do? I don't like the idea that some coaches don't get held accountable based on their standing with the Head Coach and their reputation as a player 30 years ago. It's so amateur...

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

Jump to: