Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Positives Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: The Positives Thread Reply with quote

Let's use this thread to focus on positive things with the club. Any negative or critical posts will be deleted. We have enough threads on this forum where people have been critical of the team, and I'm definitely one of these individuals.

Post anything positive about the team. Have some players played above expectations? Any plays stick out in games?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Jones has been a huge positive for the club. Is anyone missing Mat McBriar? I didn't think so. Jones has done a great job as the team's punter with his booming kicks.

I'm really happy with Morris Claiborne. While he hasn't made a pick yet, he's more than held his own. Carr has been good, too, although he's struggled a bit the past two weeks.

Obviously Sean Lee has been a huge bright spot. He could develop into the best MLB/ILB in team history. The guy is all over the field.

Bruce Carter is getting better every week. If he can stay healthy, he and Lee could be a very special duo in the middle.

Before his season-ending injury, Barry Church looked like he was going to develop into a solid safety.

After a terrible start to the season, Jason Witten has really rebounded. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the all-time leading TE receiver by the time he retires. The guy is a warrior.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Sean Lee and DeMarco Murray are keepers. Both have that "no quit" attitude and I think are going to be key factors in the future of this team. Same goes for Tyron Smith, kid has a great work ethic.

2. The offensive line seemed to have a good game today. Over 200 yards on the ground...I didn't watch the 2nd half, but from what I saw we seemed to do better with Costa in. Obviously, I still hope we use a high pick in the draft next year on the position, as I have no faith in Bernadeau and Livings is a stop-gap.

^^^Deadpulse
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted - nice try with the spin)

The eagles also lost.

Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Chris Jones has been a huge positive for the club. Is anyone missing Mat McBriar? I didn't think so. Jones has done a great job as the team's punter with his booming kicks.

I'm really happy with Morris Claiborne. While he hasn't made a pick yet, he's more than held his own. Carr has been good, too, although he's struggled a bit the past two weeks.

Obviously Sean Lee has been a huge bright spot. He could develop into the best MLB/ILB in team history. The guy is all over the field.

Bruce Carter is getting better every week. If he can stay healthy, he and Lee could be a very special duo in the middle.

Before his season-ending injury, Barry Church looked like he was going to develop into a solid safety.

After a terrible start to the season, Jason Witten has really rebounded. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the all-time leading TE receiver by the time he retires. The guy is a warrior.

The fact that two of your 5 bright spots are the punter and a guy on IR is probably a big part of the reason we are 2-3.

For bright spots, we have a pretty good group of really young guys to build around. Lee, Carter, Murray, Tyron, Carr, Claiborne, (and maybe Dez) all look like long-term studs for this team.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix wasn't totally worthless today as a RB.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Which was amazing. The Cat showed up instead of Garfield.

^^^Deadpulse
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

That made me laugh.

I also liked that JG stuck with the running game. I hope he does this from here on out. I'm expecting the Boys to suddenly become a run-first team, but hopefully there will be better balance as oppose to the 2:1 pass-run ratios we've witnessed through the early part of the year and going back to last year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

That made me laugh.

I also liked that JG stuck with the running game. I hope he does this from here on out. I'm expecting the Boys to suddenly become a run-first team, but hopefully there will be better balance as oppose to the 2:1 pass-run ratios we've witnessed through the early part of the year and going back to last year.

It helped that it actually worked today. I would love to see us continue to build upon the success on the ground we had today, I just hope this injury to Murray is nothing serious and he can come back healthy next week.

Carolina has a terrible defensive line, especially against the run...so if they can come out and pick up where they left off this week...things should upon up through the air for Romo.

^^^Deadpulse
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

That made me laugh.

It helped that it actually worked today. I would love to see us continue to build upon the success on the ground we had today, I just hope this injury to Murray is nothing serious and he can come back healthy next week.

Carolina has a terrible defensive line, especially against the run...so if they can come out and pick up where they left off this week...things should upon up through the air for Romo.

Their line is great at getting to the passer however.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

That made me laugh.

So run it. Wear them down, grind it out and dictate the tempo of the game.

^^^Deadpulse
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

That made me laugh.

Like what the Boys did today. Romo was never sacked today and he was knocked down I think twice all game. It's remarkable what a running game can do and why it's important to stick with it even when it's not gaining a lot of yards.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

That made me laugh.

Like what the Boys did today. Romo was never sacked today and he was knocked down I think twice all game. It's remarkable what a running game can do and why it's important to stick with it even when it's not gaining a lot of yards.

I thought Ngata had a sack.

TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did. I forgot. It was a coverage sack if I recall. Oh well, at least the Ravens didn't consistently get to Romo today, so that was a huge positive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I thought Ngata had a sack.

He apparently did. Still, only one sack allowed and two hits is pretty good considering the last few weeks.

^^^Deadpulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: