Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Deadline
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Boys are 2-5 come the deadline, I'd take a first-round pick for Bryant. I'd probably also take a 2nd- and and a 4th/5th-round pick for him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
If the Boys are 2-5 come the deadline, I'd take a first-round pick for Bryant. I'd probably also take a 2nd- and and a 4th/5th-round pick for him.

Even if Bryant has turned things around?

^^^Deadpulse
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

I'm not banking on him turning things around.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Up to this point, Dez is more Hype & Potential than Production. Yes, he has the potential to be a Top 5 WR, but his production is just not there. If we can pawn him off on someone for a 1st round pick, then we should jump at it. And then use our 2 first rounders on the o-line, right Slam?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

In that case...who do you think would give a 1st for a troubled receiver who, though talented, can't seem to get his act together?

^^^Deadpulse
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

In that case...who do you think would give a 1st for a troubled receiver who, though talented, can't seem to get his act together?

A contending may either have an injury to a WR or think they need another weapon on offence to put them over the top. They may also see Bryant as a guy with great potential and a change of scenery would help him, especially playing on a team loaded with veteran leaders like New England or Baltimore. Bryant will turn 24 in November, so teams could be interested in giving up a late 1st-round pick for the WR.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF could be a team in the market for a WR. Heck, they should be in the market for a WR.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means, if we were offered that...the front office would be dumb to turn down a 1st. I just don't see it happening, even with a team that potentially needed a receiver.

I mean, San Francisco just put up over 300 yards through the air with current group, New England doesn't seem to be having any issues scoring nor does Baltimore.

^^^Deadpulse
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would feel very uncomfortable giving up Dez for a first. The only reason I say that is because I feel like there is a very good chance that Jerry uses that first on another wide receiver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF hasn't faced a top defence except Minnesota, who held them to 280 yards in total offence and 13 points. The 49ers need another weapon, especially at WR, to get them over the hump IMO.

NE could be in the market for a big, physical WR. They have shown in the past to go after such WRs through FA but with little success. I do think they'll be focusing on defence if they do make a trade.

Baltimore needs another weapon on the outside. Smith has been good and Boldin has played above expectations, but I think they would strongly consider adding Bryant to give the Ravens an excellent young duo for years to come.

Pittsburgh could be a team interested. Neither Wallace nor Brown have performed that well. Adding a 3rd young WR could help their inconsistent offence.

Would Indianapolis deal a 2nd-round pick for Bryant to give Luck another target? Probably a deal that happens in the off-season than mid-season.

What about the Rams giving up a 2nd-round pick? Their young WRs aren't delivering.

Seattle is a team that needs help at WR. Sidney Rice and Golden Tate don't exactly strike fear in opposing secondaries. Adding Bryant would give Wilson a big, physical target.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that gets Cole Beasley on the field.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
ChiefMoccanooga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez for Britt? Simple as trading two problem childs. Maybe a change of scenery could do both good? Just a thought...
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, this is just a topic to spawn discussion. We all know that it is not going to happen but, just a hypothetical, if Green Bay offered a straight up trade of Greg Jennings for Dez Bryant, would you do it?

Greg Jennings is 29 years old and is in the last year of his contract. Obviously, he would have to rbe re-signed for a long term deal. He is 5'11" and 198 pounds.

Dez Bryant is almost 24 years old and has 2 more years on his contract. He is likely going to want a new contract soon though. He is 6' 2" and 220 pounds.

Going strictly off the tale of the tape, you would probably say no to the trade. But, there is so much more than just the raw numbers involved. Our WR coach was the Green Bay WR coach and had a great relationship with Jennings. In fact, Jennings put up his best numbers while Robinson was there as the coach. Also, Jennings is known to be a mature, humble guy with a great team-first attitude. The same can not be said for Bryant.

So, if Jennings was willing to re-sign for a reasonable amount, would you make the trade? I would.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather trade Jenkins. I like the guy, but I doubt we are a deep playoff/superbowl contender this year, and I just don't see how he returns. If we can get a 2nd, I say take it.

If a mediocre team(Jets or Browns) offers us a 1st for Dez take it, but don't be in a panic to trade him. He still has two cheap years left on his contract after this year.
Tha King

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
First off, this is just a topic to spawn discussion. We all know that it is not going to happen but, just a hypothetical, if Green Bay offered a straight up trade of Greg Jennings for Dez Bryant, would you do it?

Greg Jennings is 29 years old and is in the last year of his contract. Obviously, he would have to rbe re-signed for a long term deal. He is 5'11" and 198 pounds.

Dez Bryant is almost 24 years old and has 2 more years on his contract. He is likely going to want a new contract soon though. He is 6' 2" and 220 pounds.

Going strictly off the tale of the tape, you would probably say no to the trade. But, there is so much more than just the raw numbers involved. Our WR coach was the Green Bay WR coach and had a great relationship with Jennings. In fact, Jennings put up his best numbers while Robinson was there as the coach. Also, Jennings is known to be a mature, humble guy with a great team-first attitude. The same can not be said for Bryant.

So, if Jennings was willing to re-sign for a reasonable amount, would you make the trade? I would.

I wouldn't.

Purely looking at the stats,Jennings has missed 3 of 6 games this year and was below average in the games he had played in.With him turning 30 near the beginning of next year this could be a sign of things to come.Dez on the other hand has had only one poor game where he was a complete non-factor(the Seattle game),he also had the poor mental game against Chicago but was able to still manage 8 for 105.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: