You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official thread of the Penn State University V.III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Danger


Joined: 30 Jul 2015
Posts: 1197
Location: Formerly - McMc
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Danger wrote:
Oh, I also thinks it's absolutely asinine that we once again (will likely) have to play USC IN USC's home stadium for the Rose Bowl. That's completely unfair year in year out that the Big Ten gets stuck with a road game for their bowl tie in.


um the Rose Bowl is the home for UCLA. The Coliseum is the home for USC


Oh no a 15 minute walk?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40997
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Danger wrote:
Oh, I also thinks it's absolutely asinine that we once again (will likely) have to play USC IN USC's home stadium for the Rose Bowl. That's completely unfair year in year out that the Big Ten gets stuck with a road game for their bowl tie in.


um the Rose Bowl is the home for UCLA. The Coliseum is the home for USC


Oh no a 15 minute walk?


actually a 4.5 hour walk...

It is crazy that USC is closer to the rose bowl then UCLA. USC is only 14miles away and UCLA is 27
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RollEagles


Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 12274
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, end of the day, it's a cross country road trip for one team and a drive down the road for another. Sucks but it's the Rose Bowl
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 9703
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
I mean, end of the day, it's a cross country road trip for one team and a drive down the road for another. Sucks but it's the Rose Bowl


Could be worse, could have to deal with how much WV travels relative to opponents every year Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danger


Joined: 30 Jul 2015
Posts: 1197
Location: Formerly - McMc
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
I mean, end of the day, it's a cross country road trip for one team and a drive down the road for another. Sucks but it's the Rose Bowl


Could be worse, could have to deal with how much WV travels relative to opponents every year Sad


That's not a bowl game where it's supposed to be a "Neutral field". Those are supposed to be road games.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purple-Pride07


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 17351
Location: Right Behind You
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had we snuck into the playoff - yes - we probably would have gotten worked silly by Bama (as every team would), but it would have been nice to try and do the "impossible". That said, this was year 0 in many ways and we're probably a full season ahead of the curve in our on-field development. We're B1G champions and we have a shot at revenge for the Rose Bowl loss to USC in 2009.

Let's be honest... at least Ohio State didn't embarrassingly claim a pretend, co-Big Ten champion honor with us like they did during our last Rose Bowl campaign. Laughing
_________________


"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mm6492


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 25317
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a great/suprsing year. Sad to see Godwin and Sickels leave, but will be a fun team next year.

L-line should be better again and Barkley will be back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mm6492


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 25317
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Death' penalty 5 years ago today. Could've never expected how it turned out, credit goes to the people from 2012 (Mautii, OB, that recruiting class, etc).

Washington Post had a good article about the players side:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/this-is-where-you-need-to-be-penn-states-road-back-five-years-after-ncaa-sanctions/2017/07/20/bc77353a-6c93-11e7-9c15-177740635e83_story.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigD88


Joined: 12 Feb 2007
Posts: 4299
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see the team on the field again.
Amazing where we are just 5 years since being on the brink.
_________________

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mm6492


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 25317
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
Can't wait to see the team on the field again.
Amazing where we are just 5 years since being on the brink.
If the defense comes together, this could be a special year.

Sucks Reid is out for the year, thought he'd have a nice year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigc421


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2963
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
'Death' penalty 5 years ago today. Could've never expected how it turned out, credit goes to the people from 2012 (Mautii, OB, that recruiting class, etc).

Washington Post had a good article about the players side:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/this-is-where-you-need-to-be-penn-states-road-back-five-years-after-ncaa-sanctions/2017/07/20/bc77353a-6c93-11e7-9c15-177740635e83_story.html


They should have disqualified your school from ever participating in division 1 sports tbh. Fox sports trumping up the story of Penn States return to relevance was puke worthy, as if "there" the victoms some how. Everyone thats still there has chosen to be apart of that cesspool and legacy of child rape. The single biggest shame i have as a UM fan is that they play in a conference that has allowed Penn State to continue to compete. You guys have the nerve to act as if your program has "overcome" something, discusting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigD88


Joined: 12 Feb 2007
Posts: 4299
Location: New York
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
_________________

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mm6492


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 25317
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
mm6492 wrote:
'Death' penalty 5 years ago today. Could've never expected how it turned out, credit goes to the people from 2012 (Mautii, OB, that recruiting class, etc).

Washington Post had a good article about the players side:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/this-is-where-you-need-to-be-penn-states-road-back-five-years-after-ncaa-sanctions/2017/07/20/bc77353a-6c93-11e7-9c15-177740635e83_story.html


They should have disqualified your school from ever participating in division 1 sports tbh. Fox sports trumping up the story of Penn States return to relevance was puke worthy, as if "there" the victoms some how. Everyone thats still there has chosen to be apart of that cesspool and legacy of child rape. The single biggest shame i have as a UM fan is that they play in a conference that has allowed Penn State to continue to compete. You guys have the nerve to act as if your program has "overcome" something, discusting.
Not sure where to begin so just going to ignore...

Nobody currently associated with the team was a part of what happened. It was disgusting and cruel, and those involved have been charged and gone through the judicial system at this point.


Back to football now....

I am pumped for Barkley but also excited to see how we utilize the other RB's as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
Page 48 of 48

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group