You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Drew Brees is a top 10 QB all time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CP3MVP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Brady is the GOAT. 5 Super Bowls, 3 wins, 2 others blown by the defense. Elite stats, incredible clutch play. Greatest pocket passer of all time. Married to Gisele Bunchen. He is the GOAT.

Asante catches that ball and this isn't even a discussion
x0x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the first time I compared Brees to Marino was 4 years ago.

He could be the GOAT yet.

LOL at OP putting Peyton at #2.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Brady is the GOAT. 5 Super Bowls, 3 wins, 2 others blown by the defense. Elite stats, incredible clutch play. Greatest pocket passer of all time. Married to Gisele Bunchen. He is the GOAT.

and that jaw line Laughing

The Uggs. [/thread]

In regards to Brees - yeah, top 10. Stats monster, came through on the biggest stages he's had the chance to play on, probably a top 5 QB in terms of pure passing; Stands tall in the pocket, eyes downfield, can buy time with short steps into the pocket, and throws one of the prettiest passes you'll see, tight spirals into the smallest windows.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

What's so funny about that? Peyton is certainly worthy of consideration as a top 2 QB of all time.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CP3MVP wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

are you guys still crying about that? I hate when people act like the giants got all the luck in that game.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
x0x wrote:

What's so funny about that? Peyton is certainly worthy of consideration as a top 2 QB of all time.

forget #2, how about #1.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
AmerigoCorleone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

I agree that Tom Brady is the GOAT but his defense is not to blame for his 2 Super Bowl losses. The blame rests on his shoulders. And his defense carried him to his first Super Bowl.

Last edited by AmerigoCorleone on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
CP3MVP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
CP3MVP wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

are you guys still crying about that? I hate when people act like the giants got all the luck in that game.

It's the truth. From the Asante dropping the pick to the luckiest play in sports history
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CP3MVP wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
CP3MVP wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

It's the truth. From the Asante dropping the pick to the luckiest play in sports history

what about a tipped interception in the redzone, what about a flag that led to a TD or what about a slip by a CB that left one of the greatest WRs ever WIDE OPEN. Im sick of people acting like the giants were only team to get a break in that game.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
jgold72288

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys who are certainly ahead of him, assuming you give the historic guys their just desserts (ordered by age):

1. Sammy Baugh
2. Otto Graham
3. Johnny Unitas
4. Bart Starr
5. Roger Staubach
6. Joe Montana
7. Dan Marino
8. Brett Favre
9. Steve Young
10. Peyton Manning
11. Tom Brady

John Elway could also make a case to be included in there, my mind isn't made up on him. So in short, no, Brees is just on the outside looking in.

Last edited by jgold72288 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
AmerigoCorleone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CP3MVP wrote:

What about the Tuck Rule? What about Tom Brady being a game manager for his first Super Bowl? Why are these things not taken into account? Did Brady not have a bit of luck as well?

jgold72288 wrote:
Guys who are certainly ahead of him, assuming you give the historic guys their just desserts (ordered by age):

1. Sammy Baugh
2. Otto Graham
3. Johnny Unitas
4. Bart Starr
5. Roger Staubach
6. Joe Montana
7. Dan Marino
8. Brett Favre
9. Steve Young
10. Peyton Manning
11. Tom Brady

John Elway could also make a case to be included in there, my mind isn't made up on him. So in short, no, Brees is just on the outside looking in.

This has to be the worst list I've ever seen.
jgold72288

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmerigoCorleone wrote:
CP3MVP wrote:

What about the Tuck Rule? What about Tom Brady being a game manager for his first Super Bowl? Why are these things not taken into account? Did Brady not have a bit of luck as well?

jgold72288 wrote:

1. Sammy Baugh
2. Otto Graham
3. Johnny Unitas
4. Bart Starr
5. Roger Staubach
6. Joe Montana
7. Dan Marino
8. Brett Favre
9. Steve Young
10. Peyton Manning
11. Tom Brady

This has to be the worst list I've ever seen.
Do tell. Read the entire post before you do.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmerigoCorleone wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

I agree that Tom Brady is the GOAT but his defense is not to blame for his 2 Super Bowl losses. The blame rests on his shoulders. And his defense carried him to his first Super Bowl.

I don't know how people can say that. Brady has been playing in a time where offense has been catered to immensely. He does well, but he also has benefitted from having Bill Belichick as coach. Let's face it: Bill knows what he is doing, and Brady has benefitted greatly from playing for him. That is why I don't rate him as highly as a lot of people do.
C0LTSFAN4L1F3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is it so ridiculous that I put peyton No.2?
C0LTSFAN4L1F3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But seriously Drew Brees already holds the record for passing yards and completion percentage, has a ring and he just makes it look so easy. SO accurate.

If you dont put Brees in the top 10 then your putting the old timers like Baugh, Van Brocklin, Jurgenson, and Graham in the top 10 which is ridiculous because they were nearly as good as even the worst modern qbs. I have seen footage of these guys and it looks awful none of them can even throw a spiral and there is no velocity and the people they are throwing to are wide open every time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: