Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bernard Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Bernard Released Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5507/marcus-benard

Per Rotoworld
Quote:
Browns released DE Marcus Benard with an injury settlement.Benard was sent to injured reserve after dislocating his elbow in the preseason. Benard hasn't appeared in a regular season game since his motorcycle accident last October, but provided he's healthy, should draw interest as a situational pass rusher. Benard is just two years removed from leading the Browns in sacks. Oct 9 - 8:15 PM
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Bernard Released Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:

Per Rotoworld
Quote:
Browns released DE Marcus Benard with an injury settlement.Benard was sent to injured reserve after dislocating his elbow in the preseason. Benard hasn't appeared in a regular season game since his motorcycle accident last October, but provided he's healthy, should draw interest as a situational pass rusher. Benard is just two years removed from leading the Browns in sacks. Oct 9 - 8:15 PM

now lets release MoHard and Jackson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bernard Released Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:

Per Rotoworld
Quote:

So we're just going to role with 2 backs all season? If someone goes down we're screwed just like last season. Brandon Jackson has enough talent to be on an NFL roster. I honestly have no idea why Hardesty is ahead of him on the depth chart when Jackson out performed him in every possible way you could out perform a fellow running back. He ran harder, faster, quicker, better vision, better ball security, better blocking, better leadering ship, hasn't had 437 knee surgeries ect.

Jamison on the sig
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bernard Released Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:

Per Rotoworld
Quote:

So we're just going to role with 2 backs all season? If someone goes down we're screwed just like last season. Brandon Jackson has enough talent to be on an NFL roster. I honestly have no idea why Hardesty is ahead of him on the depth chart when Jackson out performed him in every possible way you could out perform a fellow running back. He ran harder, faster, quicker, better vision, better ball security, better blocking, better leadering ship, hasn't had 437 knee surgeries ect.

obviously they would fill the spots but i rather give a UFDA RB a shot but MoHard and Jackson have done nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Haden's coming back this week, the Browns will have to cut someone. Benard didn't count as part of the 53, so it will have to be someone else.

I saw where we re-signed WR Rod Windsor to the practice squad. I wouldn't be surprised if we brought up Josh Cooper, since Norwood is injured.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Since Haden's coming back this week, the Browns will have to cut someone. Benard didn't count as part of the 53, so it will have to be someone else.

I saw where we re-signed WR Rod Windsor to the practice squad. I wouldn't be surprised if we brought up Josh Cooper, since Norwood is injured.

nope. Goodell is going to suspend Fujita so no player action needs to take place this week.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

Hopefully it is Montario Hardesty because there is no sense in having 4 RBs on the team when we have 2 who can do everything in T-Rich and Obi.

We only have 8 offensive lineman and 8 defensive lineman. The DBs are banged up so that makes no sense. WRs and TEs are banged up so that makes no sense. We only have 1 FB and the team loves Thaddeus Lewis unless things have changed recently he is going to stay as a #3QB. That leaves only LBs and RBs. We have 7 linebackers and 4 RBs. That is 1 too many at each IMO.

Tank Carder or Montario Hardesty should get walking papers IMO

Jamison on the sig
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

nope. Goodell is going to suspend Fujita so no player action needs to take place this week.

I don't think that's set in stone, since Fujita still has the option to appeal. His 1-game suspension may not happen this week.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Hopefully it is Montario Hardesty because there is no sense in having 4 RBs on the team when we have 2 who can do everything in T-Rich and Obi.

We only have 8 offensive lineman and 8 defensive lineman. The DBs are banged up so that makes no sense. WRs and TEs are banged up so that makes no sense. We only have 1 FB and the team loves Thaddeus Lewis unless things have changed recently he is going to stay as a #3QB. That leaves only LBs and RBs. We have 7 linebackers and 4 RBs. That is 1 too many at each IMO.

Tank Carder or Montario Hardesty should get walking papers IMO

IMO it has to be MoHard. He has been such a disappointment. I thought he would break out this year but he has sucked. I feel like an ass cause I was talking so highly of him before camp and the season and he hasnt done anything.

I would like to keep Tank because I think he could become a very good back up LB. He was one of my favorite LBs when he was coming out of TCU.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: