Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Browns go 0-7; I Think Shurmur is Fired Immediately
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: If Browns go 0-7; I Think Shurmur is Fired Immediately Reply with quote

Bold prediction?? Not in the least bit. Haslam is not keeping Shurmur anyway. Making this move shakes things up and shows the entire organization that Haslam means business.

IF the Browns can't muster a win in the next two games, Shurmur is gone and Childress becomes the interim with Gruden being wooed to Cleveland to coach this young up and coming team.

The talent is there. No question. Can't waste the talents of TRich, Weeden, Gordon, etc. Haslam WILL indeed shake things up and in a lost season, no reason not to do it right away and make a statement that "close" isnt good enough.

Shurmur is sloppy. The team makes too many mental errors. Too many mistakes where they just have a lack of awareness. That is on the coach. I don't care how young the team is.

Haslam will tell the world he expects to win and in a results driven world you cannot go 0-7 and keep your job.

Everybody can sit here and tell me how its not Shurmurs fault. Tell me what he is doing right??? Nothing. I have not seen any decent in game adjustments - other than for the fast start today I see the team start flat and end flat. He has shown me NOTHING.

If I know business (and I do) - Haslam will fire Shurmur if the team loses two more games. Analysis: I'm not keeping him anyway. I need to send a message that proves me commitment to winning.

P.S Holmgren is already as good as gone. Heckert will stay. No issue with talent on this team. The roster has talent. The coaching from the head coach is abysmal.

Last edited by SOCALBrowns on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you change this thread title please
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

I'd be happy to if there is a reason for it. This site is called "Footballsfuture.com" I'm predicting the future. Fire away at my analysis if you think I'm wrong.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: If Browns go 0-7; Shurmur is Fired Immediately Reply with quote

SOCALBrowns wrote:
Bold prediction?? Not in the least bit. Haslam is not keeping Shurmur anyway. Making this move shakes things up and shows the entire organization that Haslam means business.

IF the Browns can't muster a win in the next two games, Shurmur is gone and Childress becomes the interim with Gruden being wooed to Cleveland to coach this young up and coming team.

The talent is there. No question. Can't waste the talents of TRich, Weeden, Gordon, etc. Haslam WILL indeed shake things up and in a lost season, no reason not to do it right away and make a statement that "close" isnt good enough.

Shurmur is sloppy. The team makes too many mental errors. Too many mistakes where they just have a lack of awareness. That is on the coach. I don't care how young the team is.

Haslam will tell the world he expects to win and in a results driven world you cannot go 0-7 and keep your job.

Everybody can sit here and tell me how its not Shurmurs fault. Tell me what he is doing right??? Nothing. I have not seen any decent in game adjustments - other than for the fast start today I see the team start flat and end flat. He has shown me NOTHING.

If I know business (and I do) - Haslam will fire Shurmur if the team loses two more games. Analysis: I'm not keeping him anyway. I need to send a message that proves me commitment to winning.

P.S Holmgren is already as good as gone. Heckert will stay. No issue with talent on this team. The roster has talent. The coaching from the head coach is abysmal.

asinine.

1,000 post (again) remarking on over the top emotional b.s. like this... fitting.

Last edited by Drew_Carey on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he wont
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCALBrowns wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I'd be happy to if there is a reason for it. This site is called "Footballsfuture.com" I'm predicting the future. Fire away at my analysis if you think I'm wrong.

The way your thread is titled it reads as if it has been confirmed as a fact not as just your opinnion. Just how I interpret it.
cthomas09

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is telling you to change it because it looks Like it is a fact the way you worded it when it is just your opinion......slow your roll homie
bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your wrong.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right.

I agree that if it happens Brad will be the coach for the rest of the season.

I also think we will make Gruden a huge offer. I also get the feeling from him that he wants to coach again.

I know he recently resigned in his current job to a long contract. I expect that he would have a out clause in that contract should he want to coach again.

I think Heckert stays. I also can see Gruden being OK with keeping the current DC as he I beleive is doing a good job considering the injuries. Gruden is a offensive guy. Let him bring in the guys he wants on that side of the ball. Let D!ck control the D.

Shurmer just is not up to it.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: If Browns go 0-7; Shurmur is Fired Immediately Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
SOCALBrowns wrote:

asinine.

1,000 post (again) remarking on over the top emotional b.s. like this... fitting.

Asinine?? really?? because coaches havent been fired mid season for going winless? Or because Haslam is saying he plans no big changes now? Even when he has said it would not be fair to comment on personnel until he actually owns the team?

What is asinine about it? a team that goes 0-7, someone has to answer for that kind of performance. Shurmur needs to go out and win the next two. IF he continues to lose the way he has, Haslam will show him the door.

You shall see.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what situation has firing a coach midseason been a positive on the rest of the year
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes since firing the HC half way through the season would do so much good for a struggling team

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and isn't Haslam not officially the owner until the end of the month? Or the 17th?

I'm going to venture out there and say that lerner won't befiring anybody.
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
yes since firing the HC half way through the season would do so much good for a struggling team

The team is not going to the playoffs this year. Sending a message that you expect to win is important. Haslam knows business.

You take over a company that has been struggling but you think has good potential, you immediately fire the management and install your own charisma and leadership. You make your expectations clear and make it clear you will not accept losing.

Hey they are not 0-7 yet but if that is where we end up, count on it, Haslam is going to make a change.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCALBrowns wrote:
buno67 wrote:

The team is not going to the playoffs this year. Sending a message that you expect to win is important. Haslam knows business.

You take over a company that has been struggling but you think has good potential, you immediately fire the management and install your own charisma and leadership. You make your expectations clear and make it clear you will not accept losing.

Hey they are not 0-7 yet but if that is where we end up, count on it, Haslam is going to make a change.

I feel sorry for anyone that ever works for you...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: