Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trent Richardson becoming a leader
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Trent Richardson becoming a leader Reply with quote

Quote:
“All them yards that Brandon had and I had, it don’t mean nothing if we ain’t winning,” Richardson said. “The defense could look good one day and if we lose, it don’t mean nothing. All those interceptions they had and all those turnovers they had the first week, it didn’t mean nothing.”

Before addressing the team, Richardson said he asked middle linebacker D’Qwell Jackson for his blessing. Jackson, one of the team’s three captains, gave approval.

“He was like, ‘Go ahead man. You’re part of the team. You’re making plays. You’ve got a voice on the team, too,’ ” Richardson said. “He let me speak. I wasn’t shy at all to say it because I know 100 percent that whatever I say I’ve gotta back it up, and I’m gonna back it up.”

http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/browns-rookie-rb-trent-richardson-urges-team-to-practice-with-intensity-reject-losing-culture-1.336142

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Trent Richardson becoming a leader Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Quote:
“All them yards that Brandon had and I had, it don’t mean nothing if we ain’t winning,” Richardson said. “The defense could look good one day and if we lose, it don’t mean nothing. All those interceptions they had and all those turnovers they had the first week, it didn’t mean nothing.”

Before addressing the team, Richardson said he asked middle linebacker D’Qwell Jackson for his blessing. Jackson, one of the team’s three captains, gave approval.

“He was like, ‘Go ahead man. You’re part of the team. You’re making plays. You’ve got a voice on the team, too,’ ” Richardson said. “He let me speak. I wasn’t shy at all to say it because I know 100 percent that whatever I say I’ve gotta back it up, and I’m gonna back it up.”

http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/browns-rookie-rb-trent-richardson-urges-team-to-practice-with-intensity-reject-losing-culture-1.336142

Yet another reason I love this kid.

Before opening his mouth and spouting off he goes to the head captain of the team and asks if he can speak his mind. Then when he does, he backs it up.

A nice big fat tube of glue goes to those saying we got ripped by trading up to ensure he was our top pick.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love Trent. I love the fact that he got D'Qwell's blessing before doing this. He is quickly becoming my favorite Brownie. Very Happy

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that believed taking a rb at 4 (or 3 for that matter) was too high.....

We didn't just take a rb. We took a franchise player and team leader that leads by example
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what the Browns need to buck the culture of losing... young guys to take hold, address the team respectfully and with conviction, and then to go out and back it up on the field. I honestly don't think you can underestimate the importance that this will have if Trent keeps it up.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeze i got goosebumps reading that. This kid is special.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
pnies20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this on scout.com. Freakin awesome. Maybe someone will play with some fire..

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Trent Richardson becoming a leader Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Quote:

Before opening his mouth and spouting off he goes to the head captain of the team and asks if he can speak his mind. Then when he does, he backs it up.

A nice big fat tube of glue goes to those saying we got ripped by trading up to ensure he was our top pick.

For this alone, I'm buying a Richardson jersey.....he does things in the ole school way of respect and doing things decent and in order.....instead of just taking to twitter and spouting off a bunch of mess.....

Kudo's to the kid
-Crotchety Old Man Very Happy

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
pnies20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Trent Richardson becoming a leader Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Quote:

For this alone, I'm buying a Richardson jersey.....he does things in the ole school way of respect and doing things decent and in order.....instead of just taking to twitter and spouting off a bunch of mess.....

Kudo's to the kid

Just got a Nike elite Richardson jersey. Awesome. My wife and I are actually fighting at this moment because she wants to wear it to work.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just printed this article out, and taped it on the wall outside of my office.

I'm ready for a W on Sunday. I think TRich is as well. His attitude will be contagious. I think we're looking at a changing of the tides, right here, right now.

Go Browns!

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will win this Sunday because of Trent

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Trent Richardson becoming a leader Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Quote:

Kudo's to the kid

Just got a Nike elite Richardson jersey. Awesome. My wife and I are actually fighting at this moment because she wants to wear it to work.

Speaking of at work....yall will be proud of me for this.....Friday's around the office is a "Relaxed" dress code...so most people wear jeans and nice Tshirts or 3 button joints.......well I started to wear a Browns Jersey to work every Friday....yep sometimes a reapeat from the last week....but now all the football fan dudes in my office wear Jersey's.....NE, Philly x3, GB, Chicago, Baltimore x3 and Wash x5 are normally represented....

And one of the old dudes at my job, that took me under his wing when I first started, hooked me up with a Classic Jim Brown Throwback......I am rocking that joint today!!!!
(Along with a Browns Baseball Cap..........ID Lariat.....and a set of Browns house keys......in my best voice in Pops from Boomerang....."You gotta COOOORRRRRRDDDDIIIIINNNNAAATTTTEEEEEE LOL )
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zrgc2aocnM>

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
ACDC_Rocks024

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAAAAHHHHH!!! TREEEEEEEEYYNNNTTTT

-Jimi Hendrix
Onizuka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I was so relieved to hear that the Browns moved up #3 on draft day and even more excited when Goodell finally said "the Browns select Trent Richardson....."

Seriously love this guy and what he will bring to this offense....especially love the fact that he is only 21.....really loved his approach in asking Jackson for his blessing before addressing the team....really excited for ths Sunday!
kelbot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As great as he was sunday, and as much as I like him...let's cool it with the "they said a RB wasn't worth the pick" stuff. He's batting .500 right now. To warrant that kind of pick, he needs to be Ray Rice esque for the life of his rookie contract and earn an extension. Anything less does not warrant the # 3 pick.

Nice gesture and GREAT sign of his maturity, but mostly meaningless, IMO. If this team needs a rookie to get them to practice hard in week 3, the coach should be fired yesterday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: