Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is Manti Te'o's potential/NFL comparison?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
willy_law wrote:
Maybe a bigger, more athletic London Fletcher?

Whoa! That's a pretty strong comparison.

As in accurate? Lol.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying he'll be a Hall of Famer but he's very similar to Ray Lewis.
roachkiller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o is a far better athlete than given credit for. He has plenty of athleticism. How many freak athletic LBs do you see in the NFL that are also elite players? You can count them on one hand. He can run sideline to sideline, he can burst through gaps, he can chase down and now he has shown he can cover the middle of the field.
Jet Life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junior Seau
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Maybe a bigger, more athletic London Fletcher?

Not even close. Fletcher was a freaky athlete back in the day. Short but had the strength to fight off blockers, speed to cover the entire field and great agility. Reportedly ran a 4.38 40 at his Pro Day.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
NoDakViking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Bulluck?

Great tackler, solid all-around player. Bulluck played pretty solid for many uears and was always underrated.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Bulluck comparison.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the only ILB I would want the Steelers to consider taking in the first round. If he isn't there then ILB should not even be thought about in the first round for them.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see him as a better version of one of the most underrated 3-4 LB's to play the game- Tedy Bruschi.
neo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the low-ball comparisons...Ed Hartwell lol C'Mon MANNN! Do you understand he is being considered for the Heisman this year? Even with the talent on offense being less than other years for the Heisman race, him even being considered should tell you something. He has high character, high motor and intensity, and has shown great football speed for the LB position. Also shown he can cover and run sideline to sideline. Once again Urlacher was a special player with elite physical abilities. Teo is a 3 down LB with a high football I.Q. (which allows him to play faster than his 40 time will say), excellent tackler, sheds blockers well, has sideline to sideline speed, and can cover in zone and and is adequate in man coverage given the assignment. Just continue to watch him play with out any bias and you will see.

Adopt-a-Bear
Jon Bostic LB Florida
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo wrote:
I don't understand the low-ball comparisons...Ed Hartwell lol C'Mon MANNN! Do you understand he is being considered for the Heisman this year? Even with the talent on offense being less than other years for the Heisman race, him even being considered should tell you something. He has high character, high motor and intensity, and has shown great football speed for the LB position. Also shown he can cover and run sideline to sideline. Once again Urlacher was a special player with elite physical abilities. Teo is a 3 down LB with a high football I.Q. (which allows him to play faster than his 40 time will say), excellent tackler, sheds blockers well, has sideline to sideline speed, and can cover in zone and and is adequate in man coverage given the assignment. Just continue to watch him play with out any bias and you will see.

Trust me man, when I say a better version of Bruschi, that's a compliment because I think highly of the kind of player Tedy was. Manti's better- a little bigger, more athletic, but he's got that same kind of playmaker instinct, leadership, and grit to his game. He'll be the next great NFL linebacker.
bruschidawg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takeo Spikes maybe

Thanks to Tzimisce

bannanasrUSC wrote:
I guess I am a massive troll homer. Smile
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo wrote:
Once again Urlacher was a special player with elite physical abilities. Teo is a 3 down LB with a high football I.Q. (which allows him to play faster than his 40 time will say), excellent tackler, sheds blockers well, has sideline to sideline speed, and can cover in zone and and is adequate in man coverage given the assignment. Just continue to watch him play with out any bias and you will see.

Te'o is not Urlacher. Urlahcer was far, far better in coverage coming out for the draft. Last season I was considering him as a two down LB considering his struggles in coverage, he has looked better this season, but he still has work to do. I think he could end up being a David Harris type player in the NFL, but he does have huge room for growth right now so his upside is much higher than that.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd game for Teo today against Stanford. Doing very well in coverage but picking the wrong holes in run defense...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
I am interested as to what made you think he was a strictly a 3-4 backer? I have always had the view that he could play in the 4-3.

This. Look, I like Te'o and I know his hype train is going full steam right now, but I really do feel he's getting overhyped not unlike how Maualuga was - and he reminds me a lot of Rey.

I still haven't seen him be particularly great at shedding blocks, so I have no clue where this "saw him as a better 3-4 than 4-3 LB" bit came from; if you can't shed blocks in the 3-4, you're pretty much a 2-down player at best.

Like Rey, he lacks the elite athleticism to carry his hype through the combine and get him drafted in the 1st. Yes, I'm calling my shot now... like guys who the "fans" thought were 1st round (and even Top 10) LOCKS in the past, Te'o will end up a high 2nd round pick just like Maualuga and James Laurinaitis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: