Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just a reminder
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
John232


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 10308
Location: A place where everybody is from somewhere else.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Just a reminder Reply with quote

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410020sfo.htm
_________________

xsaMainevent on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6246
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still a good team. It'll be a tough fight to make the playoffs with the competition in the NFC, but we'll be in the fight to the end. But i'd be lying if i wasn't concerned with our passing game. Same with our depth at DL+OLB, where our starters got worn out with continuous running and we had no backups to plug in there.
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 3855
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Just a reminder Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410020sfo.htm


Thanks, John. Definitely a better perspective there...it took me a minute or two though to figure out what you meant. Once I got it though, I couldn't help but smile. Cool
_________________


fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Fleener: 21 Recs 222yds 86 YAC Walker: 7 Recs 89yds 13YAC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8717
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Just a reminder Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410020sfo.htm

Just a reminder on who our QB was then.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHARLIE GARNER!
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John232


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 10308
Location: A place where everybody is from somewhere else.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Just a reminder Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
John232 wrote:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410020sfo.htm

Just a reminder on who our QB was then.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm


Missing the point. Great teams have bad days.
_________________

xsaMainevent on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Just a reminder Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
John232 wrote:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410020sfo.htm

Just a reminder on who our QB was then.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm


Missing the point. Great teams have bad days.


YEs. We still have 10 games to go. The coaching staff just came up with a horrible plan on Sunday and we should throw that one out the door.
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24TN


Joined: 11 Jan 2010
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Just a reminder Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
John232 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
John232 wrote:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410020sfo.htm

Just a reminder on who our QB was then.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm


Missing the point. Great teams have bad days.


YEs. We still have 10 games to go. The coaching staff just came up with a horrible plan on Sunday and we should throw that one out the door.


Yes. This is exactly what I've been trying to preach. We have the luxury of having a talented staff as well as roster. Talented enough that it's pretty much assumed we make the playoffs.

If anything, this one loss eliminates another gameplan we use against the Giants.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8717
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Just a reminder Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
John232 wrote:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410020sfo.htm

Just a reminder on who our QB was then.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm


Missing the point. Great teams have bad days.
Yeah but people were saying this after the Vikings loss. I really hope this season doesn't end up bad.
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22425
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ready to put an end to our SB run, but I'd be lying if I didn't say last week really worried me. My biggest worry was how much our coaching staff panicked when things weren't working. I expected Harbaugh and co to be more prepared than that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8717
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
I'm not ready to put an end to our SB run, but I'd be lying if I didn't say last week really worried me. My biggest worry was how much our coaching staff panicked when things weren't working. I expected Harbaugh and co to be more prepared than that.
I agree.
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Just a reminder Reply with quote

24TN wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
John232 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
John232 wrote:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410020sfo.htm

Just a reminder on who our QB was then.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm


Missing the point. Great teams have bad days.


YEs. We still have 10 games to go. The coaching staff just came up with a horrible plan on Sunday and we should throw that one out the door.


Yes. This is exactly what I've been trying to preach. We have the luxury of having a talented staff as well as roster. Talented enough that it's pretty much assumed we make the playoffs.

If anything, this one loss eliminates another gameplan we use against the Giants.


I still think we go at least 10-6.
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ataal


Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 2373
Location: Avondale, Arizona
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Just a reminder Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
24TN wrote:
scraly47* wrote:
John232 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
John232 wrote:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199410020sfo.htm

Just a reminder on who our QB was then.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm


Missing the point. Great teams have bad days.


YEs. We still have 10 games to go. The coaching staff just came up with a horrible plan on Sunday and we should throw that one out the door.


Yes. This is exactly what I've been trying to preach. We have the luxury of having a talented staff as well as roster. Talented enough that it's pretty much assumed we make the playoffs.

If anything, this one loss eliminates another gameplan we use against the Giants.


I still think we go at least 10-6.


The Lions went 10-6 last year without beating a winning team. So far, we're on pace to do the same.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninerminer49


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 3090
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
I'm not ready to put an end to our SB run, but I'd be lying if I didn't say last week really worried me. My biggest worry was how much our coaching staff panicked when things weren't working. I expected Harbaugh and co to be more prepared than that.

Well, I'll they bet they came out of halftime with a plan. Then the Giants scored right away. THEN, Alex Smith threw 2 drives away with interceptions. Out the window goes that plan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22425
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerminer49 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
I'm not ready to put an end to our SB run, but I'd be lying if I didn't say last week really worried me. My biggest worry was how much our coaching staff panicked when things weren't working. I expected Harbaugh and co to be more prepared than that.

Well, I'll they bet they came out of halftime with a plan. Then the Giants scored right away. THEN, Alex Smith threw 2 drives away with interceptions. Out the window goes that plan.


They thing is they panicked way too early. We were down by a few scores in the 3rd, and they just started throwing everything out there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group