Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs New York Giants - Redemption
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's Got It Better Than Us?
Nooooobody!!!
66%
 66%  [ 28 ]
New York Giants :(
33%
 33%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 42

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Outside of our first two drives this offense was terrible. We got too cute out there today. As much as I like Kaep they need to stop putting him in there so much. That is going to be the downfall of this offense. We abandoned the run game early because we wanted to run the wildcat. Throw in Alex throwing 3 picks and that was the end of us in this game. I don't know what needs to happen but the offense needs to practice hard this week.

Seriously, you can't win a Super Bowl this way. Alex Smith is getting ticked off being subbed out as much as he has been lately as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Outside of our first two drives this offense was terrible. We got too cute out there today. As much as I like Kaep they need to stop putting him in there so much. That is going to be the downfall of this offense. We abandoned the run game early because we wanted to run the wildcat. Throw in Alex throwing 3 picks and that was the end of us in this game. I don't know what needs to happen but the offense needs to practice hard this week.

Seriously, you can't win a Super Bowl this way. Alex Smith is getting ticked off being subbed out as much as he has been lately as well.
I don't mind seeing the wildcat every so often but when half the time I can't tell or have to pay attention to who our QB is for that particular play is when it's time to cut back on it. It works with moderation. We are starting to get way too cute with that. Offenses can't get into a rhythm with that crap every few plays.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith had a horrible game today, he cannot complain about getting benched. Not all is on him, but 4th and 15, and he throws it 6 yards?

Yeah....you're not going to hold onto your job doing that.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Smith had a horrible game today, he cannot complain about getting benched. Not all is on him, but 4th and 15, and he throws it 6 yards?

6 yards? Try 1 yard the guy was barely past the LOS mark. That made me so mad bro.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
scraly47*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch the game but I am not a fan of what we did today. IMO it is ok to use Colin now and then but we need smith in there if he is the starter for most if not all of the snaps. Smith pass to moss was a beauty. Idk why we just don't leave moss out there bc he commands so much attention. O well we still got ten games left but we NEED to win this Thursday.

Does anyone think smiths finger played a role today?

-Lork
Miami49er

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

6 yards? Try 1 yard the guy was barely past the LOS mark. That made me so mad bro.
i was watching at a bar and i almost broke a pool stick when i saw that. i think they are just easing in Kaepernick more and more to get acclimated to regular season speed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Akers hasn't been right since the Jets game. Completely different ball game if we capitalize on those first two possessions the way we should have.

Or even if we ended the half making that field goal, or not started the 2nd half the way we did. Or if Carlos Rogers not dropped that pick that was RIGHT in his chest. That might have went all the way to the house.

It was just one of those games.

Hats off to the Giants. They just beat the hell out of us. Ran the ball on us, threw the ball on us. We couldn't run, we couldn't throw, we couldn't call plays, couldn't score touchdowns, couldn't get to the quarterback... all around disaster. Just a bad day.

Gotta put this one behind us on a short week and move ahead to a hot Seattle team on Thursday night.

Beast
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

I keep seeing this, but I havent seen anyone come up with the reasoning behind it. Like Aikmen said they flooded the whole left side and ran Vernon across the field to get one on one. So basically it was a one man route. I'm pretty Alex is smart enough to know that he wasnt going to pick up the first either way. It was another Play calling fail.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
I didn't watch the game but I am not a fan of what we did today. IMO it is ok to use Colin now and then but we need smith in there if he is the starter for most if not all of the snaps. Smith pass to moss was a beauty. Idk why we just don't leave moss out there bc he commands so much attention. O well we still got ten games left but we NEED to win this Thursday.

Does anyone think smiths finger played a role today?

The Finger was fine IMO. We just didnt run enough vertical routes. After the first quarter the Giants just start to jump the short routes. All it would have taken was a couple of double moves to back them up.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

I keep seeing this, but I havent seen anyone come up with the reasoning behind it. Like Aikmen said they flooded the whole left side and ran Vernon across the field to get one on one. So basically it was a one man route. I'm pretty Alex is smart enough to know that he wasnt going to pick up the first either way. It was another Play calling fail.

I agree it was a playcall fail, but at 4th and 15 Alex should have thrown it deep to give our guys a shot. Worst case scenario is that it's an incomplete pass, getting picked off would have been better since they would have been pushed back more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

I agree it was a playcall fail, but at 4th and 15 Alex should have thrown it deep to give our guys a shot. Worst case scenario is that it's an incomplete pass, getting picked off would have been better since they would have been pushed back more.

exactly. it will either be caught, pass interference (Great for sf), intercepted (good for sf-like a punt), or incomplete - nbd.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
sbrown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said during the offseason, what IF akers doesnt have another career year.

What IF our defense doesnt have another record setting season?

Can our offense carry us IF everything else isnt perfect?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Points on the game by PFF

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/16/refo-giants-49ers-week-6/

Quote:
No Game Manager

There may not be a more frustrating term in football than that of “game manager” which to me indicates that said quarterback is either very average or extremely lucky in the turnover department. Regardless, QB Alex Smith has been saddled with the label, though he’d exceeded the modest expectations coming into this game. The interception stat is often misleading, but Sunday was not Smith’s finest game and as mentioned, his inaccuracy and poor decision making was the main culprit in the 23-point loss.

Smith’s first interception was both a misread and an overthrow. He was looking for tight end Delanie Walker on a wheel route, but the rainbow pass landed right in the hands of Prince Amukamara who was waiting in deep coverage. It was Smith’s inaccuracy that led to his second interception with 10:17 to go in the third quarter. He double clutched on the slant pattern, then air mailed the ball right into safety Antrel Rolle’s hands. The last interception was perhaps his worst as Smith threw late over the middle and Rolle stepped in front of the dig route for another turnover.

This game was certainly not in line with Smith’s previous performances this season, but for the 49ers to remain among the league’s best, they have to hope it was merely a one-week anomaly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55
Page 55 of 55

Jump to: