You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blow it all up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasnt gonna say anything, but i agree we have some good pieces for a 3-4 defense. Not sure why Cowher would come here though

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today Gene said the team needs more talent.

4 years later the GM should not be saying that. I wish he would resign by now.

^^el ramster^^
Mr. V

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem is Gene Smith got his QB in year 3 of a 4 year plan. Gabbert might be good, but we don't have the time to wait. It might be the only thing that saves Smith's job though.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He always says the #1 need is talent lol

I really think people are just blowing it out of proportion for the sake of being mad at someone.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Yeah because we are 21-32 since he took over as GM. Laughing

You should not be saying the team needs more talent when you're in the 4th year of the rebuilding process, especially when you and TMD said we'd be competing for the playoffs in the 4th year. 4 top 10 picks in the 4 years as GM and you still need talent. Extremely sad.

He's basically saying he sucks as GM.

^^el ramster^^
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least he is honest.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

I really think people are just blowing it out of proportion for the sake of being mad at someone.
I have been thinking this as well if we manage too string together 2 wins the only people calling for his head on a plate will be the same one's who have been doing so for years now. But on the other hand Gene is in the 4th year of his tenure, noone other than him is responsible for the talent level of the players on this team and think we can all agree that this football team is lacking talent pretty much at every position it seems like this year.

Outside of J-ville most NFL fans only know Gene Smith for two things

1. Tyson Alua-who?
2. A PUNTER!?!?!

Years of watching the draft and I have only seen the pundits burst out laughing over a pick once and that was when we took Anger.

Nationally Gene Smith is a joke, a joke of a GM for a joke of a Franchise.
Frankly it's embarrasing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

You should not be saying the team needs more talent when you're in the 4th year of the rebuilding process, especially when you and TMD said we'd be competing for the playoffs in the 4th year. 4 top 10 picks in the 4 years as GM and you still need talent. Extremely sad.

I don't know who TMD is nor do I know why he is relevant. I said they should be competing for playoffs this year - not that it's relevant - but I'm not sure why you're bringing it up when you were essentially guaranteeing all preseason that we would make the playoffs.

Where was this outrage when he said it after the 2009 draft? 2010? 2011? This spring?

KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

I don't know who TMD is nor do I know why he is relevant. I said they should be competing for playoffs this year - not that it's relevant - but I'm not sure why you're bringing it up when you were essentially guaranteeing all preseason that we would make the playoffs.

Where was this outrage when he said it after the 2009 draft? 2010? 2011? This spring?

Terry McDonough....

^^el ramster^^
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh lol. Just call him T-Sauce, bruh.

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Years of watching the draft and I have only seen the pundits burst out laughing over a pick once and that was when we took Anger.
Why does this matter? Anger has the highest yards/punt average for a career in NFL history right now (by 3.7 yards), and the second highest season average (he's behind by .1 yard) ever. He might very well turn out to be single greatest player at his position in NFL history, and we're worried about the fact that a few former NFL players (who always hassled Punters and Kickers when they played) laughed at a pick?

We've discussed quite a bit what a great Punter does for your offense and defense back in the thread about drafting him. The only difference is that instead of him offering 5-7 yards, he's getting us an extra 10 yards. His value is huge, whether it is directly noticable or not.

The likelihood that anyone we picked in the third round will ever offer the type of impact that Anger is going to offer for the next 15 years is pretty close to zero.

Live like you're down 3-1
sadjag

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:
Why does this matter? Anger has the highest yards/punt average for a career in NFL history right now (by 3.7 yards), and the second highest season average (he's behind by .1 yard) ever. He might very well turn out to be single greatest player at his position in NFL history, and we're worried about the fact that a few former NFL players (who always hassled Punters and Kickers when they played) laughed at a pick?

We've discussed quite a bit what a great Punter does for your offense and defense back in the thread about drafting him. The only difference is that instead of him offering 5-7 yards, he's getting us an extra 10 yards. His value is huge, whether it is directly noticable or not.

The likelihood that anyone we picked in the third round will ever offer the type of impact that Anger is going to offer for the next 15 years is pretty close to zero.
We have already discussed this in another thread Great punting isn't winning this team very many games, it's a nice thing too have but at this point it's like lipstick on a pig. We could of used that pick on someone who might make a real difference and by that I mean touchdowns. I believe T.Y. Hilton and Bobby Massie are two players that were mentioned who would of STARTED GAMES already, after that if your that worried about him being gone by the 5th then trade back into the 4th.

The reason I brought up the pundits on draft day is because it was embarrassing the entire NFL was laughing with them. Even if Anger turns out too be the best Punter ever to pick him in 3rd round is nothing other than an awful reach and noone outside of this forum will tell you anything else.

Also he is very good and no matter what I say about his draft position I'm glad he is here. Who knows in a couple years with a functioning Offense and Defense He will very likely make a difference. But let's give it a few seasons before we start talking about Career averages and records he's only played 5 games for God's sake. Wow that was a big rant, thanks for letting me vent guys.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But dude we could have had Brandon Taylor.

Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
iPwn wrote:
sadjag wrote:

We have already discussed this in another thread Great punting isn't winning this team very many games, it's a nice thing too have but at this point it's like lipstick on a pig. We could of used that pick on someone who might make a real difference and by that I mean touchdowns. I believe T.Y. Hilton and Bobby Massie are two players that were mentioned who would of STARTED GAMES already, after that if your that worried about him being gone by the 5th then trade back into the 4th.

The reason I brought up the pundits on draft day is because it was embarrassing the entire NFL was laughing with them. Even if Anger turns out too be the best Punter ever to pick him in 3rd round is nothing other than an awful reach and noone outside of this forum will tell you anything else.

Also he is very good and no matter what I say about his draft position I'm glad he is here. Who knows in a couple years with a functioning Offense and Defense He will very likely make a difference. But let's give it a few seasons before we start talking about Career averages and records he's only played 5 games for God's sake. Wow that was a big rant, thanks for letting me vent guys.

Bobby Massie is currently one of the worst starting offensive tackles in the NFL. If we had taken him, people would just be complaining about him right now.

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost every single draft site that actually graded Punters had him as a 3rd/4th round pick.

He was only a "reach" to everyone because no one pays attention to Punters. That's not a problem with Gene, that's a problem with everyone else.

And okay, cool Anger isn't winning us games now, although I would argue that the reason we beat the Colts was in good part because the 10 extra yards that Anger gave us on almost every drive led to would be FGs being out of reach. Show me one player taken between our 3rd and 5th round pick that would have us at 2-3 or better right now. There isn't one.

Live like you're down 3-1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: