Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are the worst O/D coordinators in the league?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Who are the worst O/D coordinators in the league? Reply with quote

Alternate title: Who are your team's coordinators?

As an avid browser of Football's Future, I'm well aware that every team in this league boasts top 5 talent and personnel and is only being held back by the playcalling on offense, defense or both.

Every team/fanbase needs a scapegoat, and those good old lovable OC's and DC's are there for you every time you need! Your players are elite, and everyone aside from the professional coaches (meaning you, the armchair FF poster with a Phd in football schematics!) knows how to use their players correctly!

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following defensive or offensive coordinators who consistently draw ire... and granted these are only from the complainers who have caught my attention:

Ravens OC Cam Cameron
Ravens DC Dean Pees
Steelers DC Dick LeBeau
Raiders OC Greg Knapp
Bucs OC Mike Sullivan
Giants OC Kevin Gilbride
Eagles DC Juan Castillo
Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski
Panthers DC Sean McDermott
Seahawks OC Darren Bevell
Chiefs OC Brian Daboll
Chiefs HC/DC Romeo Crennel
Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer (haven't heard much from the Rams fans but the stink made when he was w/ the Jets was enough to at least put him in here)
Packers DC Dom Capers
Bears OC Mike Tice
Colts OC Bruce Arians
Titans DC Jerry Gray
Jaguars OC Bob Bratkowski
Saints DC Steve Spagnuolo
Jets OC Tony Sparano
Patriots OC Josh McDaniels
Browns OC Brad Childress
Bills DC Dave Wannestedt

It's not a week goes by that several hundred assistant coaches are nominated by their fanbases in one of the many spin threads as to why they are the 'worst OC' or 'worst DC' in the league. But there can only be ONE.

The royal rumble of terrible assistant coaches keeping their respective teams from glory is upon us! Now is your chance to make the case for YOUR assistant coach and why he is uniquely HORRIBLE. Tell me who I missed. Tell me who deserves to ROT IN HELL.

Who is the WORST of the WORST?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are the worst O/D coordinators in the league? Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Jets OC Tony Sparano

Sparano has been very good for the Jets. Even though the Jets offense has been pitiful, it has not been Sparano's fault. He has been a breath of fresh air following the atrocity that was Brian Schottenheimer.
superfly3176

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly and utterly Jason Garrett. Watch him call plays on offense. Every team knows what we're going to do, he makes terrible adjustments as well.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Manusky is a terrible terrible D coordinator.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrell Bevell is easily the worst OC in football. In MN, he was always influenced by Childress, well, until Childress gave up play calling duties (2008). He did nothing in MN and rode the success of Favre to Seattle, where he is again, miserable.

Last edited by vikingsrule on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superfly3176 wrote:
Honestly and utterly Jason Garrett. Watch him call plays on offense. Every team knows what we're going to do, he makes terrible adjustments as well.
Thought about putting him but I realized Bill Callahan is technically the OC, but he definitely still counts. Extra points to him for being an Ivy-educated, clueless-looking ginger.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Cameron has been pretty decent so far this year outside of the Philly game. Then again, whether that's an issue with playing away games and crowd noise, I'm not sure. But I think he's been decent so far.

Pees, I think has been kind of meh. I don't think he's been awful, but I don't think he's using our corners to their best of their abilities. The pass rush I don't believe is much his fault, except in the Philly game where we all but stopped sending more than 3 guys late in the game. I like that he continued sending pressure against New England late in the game, so maybe he learned from his mistake in Philly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Greg Manusky is a terrible terrible D coordinator.

Yes, yes he is.

^Kempes^
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets fans are funny. Schotty was the worst OC ever and Wayne Hunter was the worst OT ever. And yet Schotty has been solid for us and Hunter has filled in at LT after Rodger's injury and held Clemons sackless and Peppers to like .5 sacks. He's been remarkably solid as a pass protector.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Blink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bevell was always worth a few laughs with MN.

Lovie, isn't a coordinator but I've never seen anyone as bad at using challenges as Lovie.

Capers is either amazing or awful. You never know what to expect out of him on gameday, and I hate that.

I'm friends with Gunthers son, and he's a cool dude so he gets a pass.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of Marty Mornhinweg. I think Juan has shown vast improvements and I have no real complaints for him so far.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand why the Giants fan hate Kevin Gilbride

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Jets fans are funny. Schotty was the worst OC ever and Wayne Hunter was the worst OT ever. And yet Schotty has been solid for us and Hunter has filled in at LT after Rodger's injury and held Clemons sackless and Peppers to like .5 sacks. He's been remarkably solid as a pass protector.

They may be playing well for the Rams thus far, but they were beyond awful for the Jets. Anyone who has watched the Jets in recent years can verify that.
superfly3176

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
superfly3176 wrote:
Thought about putting him but I realized Bill Callahan is technically the OC, but he definitely still counts. Extra points to him for being an Ivy-educated, clueless-looking ginger.

Pretty sure Callahan isn't calling the plays though. Garrett maybe ivy league education, but he tries way to hard to "outsmart" everyone else.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

To be fair, Wayne Hunter was terrible for the Jets. Plus isn't Jason Smith playing decently for them now? Looks like both just needed a change of scenery...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: