Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Play Of The Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Play Of The Year Reply with quote

I'm not prone to hyperbole or anything, but this particular play stuck out to me late in the 1st half. Buffalo had the ball. There was about 30 seconds left until half-time. They ran the ball on 1st down. Now usually, good ol' conservative Harbaugh would let the clock run out and go into the half with a 10-3 lead. Instead, much to my shock, he immediately calls a timeout forcing Buffalo to throw the ball which lead to a fumble and another touchdown from us.

This sort of confidence in the offense and in Alex Smith is key going forward if we want to continue to see improvement and win a Championship. I was ecstatic with Jim's decision and the overall victory today.

I have absolutely no gripes...

Beast
sbrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Play Of The Year Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
I'm not prone to hyperbole or anything, but this particular play stuck out to me late in the 1st half. Buffalo had the ball. There was about 30 seconds left until half-time. They ran the ball on 1st down. Now usually, good ol' conservative Harbaugh would let the clock run out and go into the half with a 10-3 lead. Instead, much to my shock, he immediately calls a timeout forcing Buffalo to throw the ball which lead to a fumble and another touchdown from us.

This sort of confidence in the offense and in Alex Smith is key going forward if we want to continue to see improvement and win a Championship. I was ecstatic with Jim's decision and the overall victory today.

I have absolutely no gripes...

This is what I have been saying as to why our offense wasnt a potent. either he didnt have the faith or didnt instill faith in alex to do it. again, I dont like highs to be too high and lows to be too low. just keep it up week to week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned the TV off and went to have dinner (I was at my brother's, it was already impolite to be watching the game)... and I missed that freakin' TD, dammit.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I turned the TV off and went to have dinner (I was at my brother's, it was already impolite to be watching the game)... and I missed that freakin' TD, dammit.

Same here, but minus the brother part. Once Kaep fumbled I thought we were going to head into overtime with the score, so I decided to walk my dogs. I come back and it's 17-3......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of "play of the year", I think Alex's pass to KW is deserving. It's a pass where he didn't wait for the WR to get wide open before he threw, and just trusted that KW would make a play. A big positive step in Alex's development, and I hope we continue to see more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
On the subject of "play of the year", I think Alex's pass to KW is deserving. It's a pass where he didn't wait for the WR to get wide open before he threw, and just trusted that KW would make a play. A big positive step in Alex's development, and I hope we continue to see more.

I really liked this one as well. Not only because of Alex trusting his guys and it being perfectly thrown, but because I've been a big fan of Kyle Williams. Very solid WR with great hands. I know some people put a lot of blame on him for last year's loss in the NFCCG(most of it deserved), but he's been a very solid WR. Loved that he was able to shake off the tackle and get into the end zone quickly before help arrived. Great play all around.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked that wheel route to VD. Great audible to attack the weak spot in the defense. Then, despite really tight coverage Alex just lofted it a just the right angle to get it beyond the defender and let Vernon run under it. What I like about the play is not just the execution, but our ability to spot a weakness in the defense and then go exploit it. That's what other great teams do while we, in the past at least, have just gone about running whatever play we've had called.

Heck, in the Singletary era the defense would be shouting out the play and we wouldn't care. We thought we could just "out execute" them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wheel route to Davis was by far the most impressive throw I have ever seen Alex make. He had absolutely perfect touch on that play. Lofting the ball like that makes it incredibly difficult to judge the spot you are throwing to, and it was perfect.
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
That wheel route to Davis was by far the most impressive throw I have ever seen Alex make. He had absolutely perfect touch on that play. Lofting the ball like that makes it incredibly difficult to judge the spot you are throwing to, and it was perfect.

It was great, wasn't it? You just cannot defend against that route/pass combo. Saw Green Bay do that to a lot of teams last year. I was ecstatic to see us do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: