Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How much of our self-destruction is on...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much of our self-destruction is on...
Poor coaching and game-planning?
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Poor playing by the players?
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Shurmur's play-calling?
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Weeden's mistakes?
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Something else?
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: How much of our self-destruction is on... Reply with quote

Killing penalties on both sides of the ball at most inopportune times; turnovers that kill momentum; play-calling at critical moments that defies logic and reason; clock mismanagement, etc.

How much of where we are is on the coaches, the players, specific players or something else?

Please specify the "something else" if that's what you select.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inxpierenced players and an inexpierenced head coach.

They can all improve and lead this team in the right direction rather soon.

Jamison on the sig
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have put an "All of the above, and then some?' choice
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of this is due to inexperience, but it's a pretty clear combination between poor play calling and poor performance. I'd like to have another year to weed out the bad eggs and build around the key players, but I'd say it's fair to expect an overhaul.

It's a shame too, because I think if Weeden hasn't impressed you a tad so far, he'll be sure to by the end of the season.

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
A lot of this is due to inexperience, but it's a pretty clear combination between poor play calling and poor performance. I'd like to have another year to weed out the bad eggs and build around the key players, but I'd say it's fair to expect an overhaul.

It's a shame too, because I think if Weeden hasn't impressed you a tad so far, he'll be sure to by the end of the season.

I think I have seen all I need to see of Weeden. Flashes negated by flameouts.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turnovers, time of possession and penalties. You can't turn the ball over in the opponents redzone, or give it up inside your own 20. We did that 3 times today.

We can't expect our defense to play well if they are spending 60% of the game on the field. The penalties hurt us a couple times. The phantom P.I. call. The moronic offside on the punt play.

Honestly, the play calling didn't bother me much today. I don't think it was the reason Weeden's first pick was about a foot too high. It wasn't the reason Cribbs fumbled.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
Cle.Buckeye77

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i for sure thought a poll option was going to say the fans

and i would say inexperience of players
wukusimw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its also not Weeden's fault he had to try and make a play cuz we call a vanilla pass on 3 and 1...Richardson should be in there on 3 and 1 and in the opponents territory. Let alone that, you run a vanilla rollout with no wr picks, no motion, nothing??? Weeden messed that up but he shouldn't be in that situation when we could just trust the guy that could literally carry the other team into the endzone.

Give it to Trent and keep him in there on third if you want to keep your job. Or perhaps Shurmur already lost his because of it.

I would have no problem with it if we had a good qb back there or a great 3rd down back, but we have a rookie qb and TRich should be in on such a play.

Turning point of the game right there and where Weeden lost his confidence, hopefully not for the season.

Atleast Gordon made the most of his chances, should of had 3 td's...

I can understand losing a few games by 1 or 2 plays, but not five in a row. I loved the run plays to get us the 17 points, and then they go away from that??? Come on Shurmur when number 33 is ballin let him win you the game that is all we had to do. Run the ball, eat up the clock, bend but dont break D, you win that game.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Inexperienced players and an inexperienced head coach.

Last edited by Drew_Carey on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
Turnovers, time of possession and penalties. You can't turn the ball over in the opponents redzone, or give it up inside your own 20. We did that 3 times today.

We can't expect our defense to play well if they are spending 60% of the game on the field. The penalties hurt us a couple times. The phantom P.I. call. The moronic offside on the punt play.

Honestly, the play calling didn't bother me much today. I don't think it was the reason Weeden's first pick was about a foot too high. It wasn't the reason Cribbs fumbled.

This is a team -- including the FO -- effort.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

I think I have seen all I need to see of Weeden. Flashes negated by flameouts.

All I'm saying is a season isn't five games long.

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
Its also not Weeden's fault he had to try and make a play cuz we call a vanilla pass on 3 and 1...Richardson should be in there on 3 and 1 and in the opponents territory. Let alone that, you run a vanilla rollout with no wr picks, no motion, nothing??? Weeden messed that up but he shouldn't be in that situation when we could just trust the guy that could literally carry the other team into the endzone.

Give it to Trent and keep him in there on third if you want to keep your job. Or perhaps Shurmur already lost his because of it.

I would have no problem with it if we had a good qb back there or a great 3rd down back, but we have a rookie qb and TRich should be in on such a play.

Turning point of the game right there and where Weeden lost his confidence, hopefully not for the season.

Atleast Gordon made the most of his chances, should of had 3 td's...

I can understand losing a few games by 1 or 2 plays, but not five in a row. I loved the run plays to get us the 17 points, and then they go away from that??? Come on Shurmur when number 33 is ballin let him win you the game that is all we had to do. Run the ball, eat up the clock, bend but dont break D, you win that game.

Shurmur calls the O plays.

Yes, we were ahead and he changed things...why does one change something that's working?
wukusimw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess only when you don't like your job.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
I guess only when you don't like your job.

That was so bad that it was good
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penalties and mistakes (including drops).

This team isn't good enough to win if they are giving away yards and opportunities.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: