Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I can see us winning 7 games STILL this year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmk wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
FWIW, I though Shurmur called a pretty solid game against the Bengals. No real complaints, but I wish he'd learn to substitute for Richardson occasionally and use other backs to carry the ball a bit. It's feast or famine it seems. Why not rotate series of downs or something, 3 on: 1 off for Richardson?

Just a thought and picking nits of course.
They seem to be content with just pulling him in 3rd down situations regardless of distance which I'm not a huge fan of but at least it gives him some rest. With Hardesty looking really good I would not be surprised though to see him steal some carries next week, especially if TRich isn't back to 100%.

I'm not much of a fan of taking out Trent on 3rd down either, but it's pretty hard for me to disagree with the decision after seeing Richardson block poorly and get Weeden sacked on 3rd and 1. I know he can do better, let's hope he improves enough to play more on 3rd down soon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
pmk wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
FWIW, I though Shurmur called a pretty solid game against the Bengals. No real complaints, but I wish he'd learn to substitute for Richardson occasionally and use other backs to carry the ball a bit. It's feast or famine it seems. Why not rotate series of downs or something, 3 on: 1 off for Richardson?

Just a thought and picking nits of course.
They seem to be content with just pulling him in 3rd down situations regardless of distance which I'm not a huge fan of but at least it gives him some rest. With Hardesty looking really good I would not be surprised though to see him steal some carries next week, especially if TRich isn't back to 100%.

I'm not much of a fan of taking out Trent on 3rd down either, but it's pretty hard for me to disagree with the decision after seeing Richardson block poorly and get Weeden sacked on 3rd and 1. I know he can do better, let's hope he improves enough to play more on 3rd down soon.

If MoHard continues to show good I hope this will no longer be an issue...
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any win is a good win. I have been saying for a while that we only need one to get us going. We will see. If we win out to the bye, I'd say 7 wins definitely is attainable.

Still see 3-3 in the division.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Any win is a good win. I have been saying for a while that we only need one to get us going. We will see. If we win out to the bye, I'd say 7 wins definitely is attainable.

The real question is would you go 0-2 vs balt for a 2-0 vs pit?

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
bruceb wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

We will beat BAL the next time around, and at least split with PIT. Book it.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
bruceb wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I will be upset if Pit beat us this season. They are finally old. Took longer than i thought it would but it has happened.

We can win the AFC north next year.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
bruceb wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I will be upset if Pit beat us this season. They are finally old. Took longer than i thought it would but it has happened.

We can win the AFC north next year.

It's highly improbable, but we can win it this year if we beat PIT twice.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
bruceb wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Given that we can't go 2-0 against Baltimore, my answer is yes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8-8 could make the playoffs in the AFC Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can certainly beat the Colts, especially with Joe Haden back. 2-5

I think we can beat the Chargers. They're underachieving right now. 3-5

It's come to my attention that the Ravens will be without Suggs, Lewis AND Webb for the rest of the year. That's a HUGE blow to their defense. I think we have a shot against them at home, especially with the way we played them on the road. 4-5

I think we can beat the Cowboys for the simple fact that they've made an art form out of underachieving. I don't expect us to win, but I think we definitely can win this game. 5-5

The Steelers at home we've played tough against recently, so I think we can actually win that game. Especially if we've gotten a handful of wins earlier in the year. 6-5

The Raiders are nothing special. Carson Palmer is washed up. We can win that game, and I expect to. 7-5

The Chiefs are in the same mess we were a couple years ago. Romeo and Quinn. They also have Hillis. We can and should win this game. 8-5

The Redskins game is a toss-up. I think we can win, but I don't at the same time. RG3 is better than I expected him to be. I'll go out on a whim and say we lose this game, but it's not like it's a sure-fire loss. 8-6

We lose to the Broncos. I don't see us winning this game at all. 8-7

The Steelers on the road is another toss-up. When they were healthy last year we played them pretty close (despite the Colt concussion) so I definitely think we have a shot with all of our rookies fully acclimated to the pro-game by now, and with the Steelers reeling because of major injuries along the OL and the defense. For sake of argument, I'll say we lose. That makes us 8-8. If we win, of course, we're at 9-7.

I believe every game left on our schedule (minus the Broncos) is winnable. The worst we finish, imo, is 5-11. The best is 10-6.

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkPrice25 wrote:
We can certainly beat the Colts, especially with Joe Haden back. 2-5

I think we can beat the Chargers. They're underachieving right now. 3-5

It's come to my attention that the Ravens will be without Suggs, Lewis AND Webb for the rest of the year. That's a HUGE blow to their defense. I think we have a shot against them at home, especially with the way we played them on the road. 4-5

I think we can beat the Cowboys for the simple fact that they've made an art form out of underachieving. I don't expect us to win, but I think we definitely can win this game. 5-5

The Steelers at home we've played tough against recently, so I think we can actually win that game. Especially if we've gotten a handful of wins earlier in the year. 6-5

The Raiders are nothing special. Carson Palmer is washed up. We can win that game, and I expect to. 7-5

The Chiefs are in the same mess we were a couple years ago. Romeo and Quinn. They also have Hillis. We can and should win this game. 8-5

The Redskins game is a toss-up. I think we can win, but I don't at the same time. RG3 is better than I expected him to be. I'll go out on a whim and say we lose this game, but it's not like it's a sure-fire loss. 8-6

We lose to the Broncos. I don't see us winning this game at all. 8-7

The Steelers on the road is another toss-up. When they were healthy last year we played them pretty close (despite the Colt concussion) so I definitely think we have a shot with all of our rookies fully acclimated to the pro-game by now, and with the Steelers reeling because of major injuries along the OL and the defense. For sake of argument, I'll say we lose. That makes us 8-8. If we win, of course, we're at 9-7.

I believe every game left on our schedule (minus the Broncos) is winnable. The worst we finish, imo, is 5-11. The best is 10-6.

Man, I love the optimism, but I don't think this young team is ready to crack off more than a couple in a row. There will be mistakes and games lost because of it. In this scenario the whole staff would have to stay for another year.

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If DQ can keep the team cool and straight then the games are there to win. It all really depends on Weeden at this point though. He needs to just keep progressing and play smart...

How many more mistakes do they need to make, especially Weeden, to learn? Mistakes have cost a couple games already that were up for grabs. They really just have to stick together now, keep playing hard like they have all season, get lucky a few times, and play as smart as they can.

As long as Weeden doesn't have to throw a lot to Little and the play calling keeps steadily improving they should be in every game. Cribbs has learned his lesson with fumbling. I feel MoHard or TRich might make a fumble or two, Little seems to have his head in the game now and comfortable in his role, Gordon/Benjamin will keep defenses back, and the oline will continue to improve.

I like what DQ said about this week against the Colts being a real test. Win it and they could get some real confidence and momentum for the rest of the season.
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't anticipate a loss versus Indy nor should we have lost but also didn't anticipate win against SD.

Our team is so close to being good with all this young talent I'm going to be pissed if we get gutted.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this team can win every game we play, and each week it becomes more and more likely that we will win each game. Strength to strength glory to glory, We are on the road to the superbowl people it has started.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, it's not who you play. It's when you play them. Dallas is damaged mentally and physically right now. I like that we have a bye before we play them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: