Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) thread: I hate Valverde Ed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1King

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
davisblack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
davisblack wrote:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/royals-to-acquire-james-shields-wade-davis.html

Royals get Shields for a TON of prospects. Two of their top 5 and three of their top 10

Seems like a lot to pay for a guy his age

Yeah way to much for Shields. The Royals were one of the most promising teams a few years ago, and now they are right back to being one of the worst teams.

Thats why teams who win do not over value their prospects. A couple years ago Moustakas, Hosmer, and others would have brought them some legit young studs. Instead they try to bring them all along and they all turn out average. It sucks when your young guys aren't what they are supposed to be and is why Dombrowski is quick to move guys like Maybin, Miller, and Turner when it looks like they might not be what they are supposed to be.

Hosmer has been up for about 1.5 years and Moustakas about a year, way too soon to label them as "turning out average", I do agree with the rest of it though.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
davisblack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
davisblack wrote:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/royals-to-acquire-james-shields-wade-davis.html

Royals get Shields for a TON of prospects. Two of their top 5 and three of their top 10

Yeah way to much for Shields. The Royals were one of the most promising teams a few years ago, and now they are right back to being one of the worst teams.

Thats why teams who win do not over value their prospects. A couple years ago Moustakas, Hosmer, and others would have brought them some legit young studs. Instead they try to bring them all along and they all turn out average. It sucks when your young guys aren't what they are supposed to be and is why Dombrowski is quick to move guys like Maybin, Miller, and Turner when it looks like they might not be what they are supposed to be.

Hosmer has been up for about 1.5 years and Moustakas about a year, way too soon to label them as "turning out average", I do agree with the rest of it though.

I agree it's quick, but their numbers last year were not good. People expected Harper/Trout impacts and they didn't deliver.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
DrRay11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I may have a job offer headed my way today. Definitely taking it if I do. Ye ye ye! Merry Christmas to me.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Looks like I may have a job offer headed my way today. Definitely taking it if I do. Ye ye ye! Merry Christmas to me.

Congrats, hope it works out well for you.

Jrugges

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

Congrats, hope it works out well for you.

Me too, Jobs are what make the economy not enlarged government programs.
davisblack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/12/detroit_tigers_sign_catcher_br.html#incart_river

Tigers got their backup catcher.
2013 Adopt-A-Lion: #92 DE Devin Taylor
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/12/detroit_tigers_sign_catcher_br.html#incart_river

Switch hitter a plus but not impressed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Agreed, catchers who hit in the low .200s and aren't great defensive
Y should be able to be found in the minors. This is definitely a step down from Laird.

detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Y should be able to be found in the minors. This is definitely a step down from Laird.

Laird very underrated

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Laird very underrated

Yeah he is. He signed with the Braves for 3 MM over 2 years and i'm sure Pena will get 1 MM for 1 year so why didn't they just give Laird the extra .5 million. I heard he wanted a bigger role, but McCaan is better than Avila and Avila gets banged up a lot. It doesn't really make much sense.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Laird very underrated

Yeah he is. He signed with the Braves for 3 MM over 2 years and i'm sure Pena will get 1 MM for 1 year so why didn't they just give Laird the extra .5 million. I heard he wanted a bigger role, but McCaan is better than Avila and Avila gets banged up a lot. It doesn't really make much sense.

Leyland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
davisblack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Laird very underrated

Leyland

Leyland didn't like Laird?
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
davisblack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
davisblack wrote:

The Royals giving up Will Myers was stupid. He's going to be very good. But, I agree with what you're saying for the most part. Although, I think Hosmer will turn things around next year. I think this past year was a bit of a fluke.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
davisblack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
davisblack wrote:

The Royals giving up Will Myers was stupid. He's going to be very good. But, I agree with what you're saying for the most part. Although, I think Hosmer will turn things around next year. I think this past year was a bit of a fluke.

Agreed, I think Hosmer increases his average and power numbers, but it's going to be tough to flip and be what he was projected. I still think given their situation and that their whole lineup is young I would have just kept Myers and let him struggle. I don't think the return was good enough especially given the money they are spending because of it. But I would have flipped for something better if it came to the table. Which is why I am perfectly fine sending Castellanos and or Garcia for proven talent, as long as the return is worth it.

diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tickets for the Atlanta and Chicago games available.

Both sets are gone.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Last edited by diehardlionfan on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109  Next
Page 105 of 109

Jump to: