Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) thread: I hate Valverde Ed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 107, 108, 109  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Toronto wins.

I agree. I would much rather have Melky in the two hole. Oh well. Blue Jays are going all in this year.

I like Melky but he's more inconsistent than Hunter is. Plus we don't need to PED drama around the team.

If he doesn't fall off too much without PEDs, he is much more productive than Hunter has been. He was NL MVP until he got suspended.

Because of the PEDS.

Testosterone, to be specific. Helps build the bulk muscles (i.e the ones that dont effect bat speed). Makes players faster, and recover quicker. Probably helps explain his elevated BABIP.

Actually false.

Testosterone is linked to increased bench which is linked to increased bat speed.

One article of many on it.

http://breakingmuscle.com/sports/science-says-bigger-your-bench-better-your-bat-speed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://beck.mlblogs.com/2012/11/16/dombrowski-leaves-lf-rotation-plans-open/

Tigers might still looking for a new right handed left fielder, possible someone who can platoon with Dirks.

Right Handed Options

Shane Victorino- Switch
Cody Ross
Ryan Ludwick
Jonny Gomes
Jason Bay
Other Scrubs

Nobody I'm to excited about, but maybe they will trade for someone.
2013 Adopt-A-Lion: #92 DE Devin Taylor
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Toronto wins.

I agree. I would much rather have Melky in the two hole. Oh well. Blue Jays are going all in this year.

I like Melky but he's more inconsistent than Hunter is. Plus we don't need to PED drama around the team.

If he doesn't fall off too much without PEDs, he is much more productive than Hunter has been. He was NL MVP until he got suspended.

Because of the PEDS.

Testosterone, to be specific. Helps build the bulk muscles (i.e the ones that dont effect bat speed). Makes players faster, and recover quicker. Probably helps explain his elevated BABIP.

Actually false.

Testosterone is linked to increased bench which is linked to increased bat speed.

http://breakingmuscle.com/sports/science-says-bigger-your-bench-better-your-bat-speed

Thats a pretty weak correlation. Bench press excercises the large muscles, while bat speed is produced by the smaller, fast-twitch muscles. That explains why guys like Curtis Granderson can launch 40 a year, and why not all meatheads are HR hitters.

Lots of MLB trainers have their batters do the bench different than regular. Instead of doing your regular max, they have you do about 75% of your max and do 20 or so reps. Helps build the smaller fast-twitch muscles, rather than the large, slow-twitch muscles that dont really have much of an effect on HRs.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:

Tigers might still looking for a new right handed left fielder, possible someone who can platoon with Dirks.

Right Handed Options

Shane Victorino- Switch
Cody Ross
Ryan Ludwick
Jonny Gomes
Jason Bay
Other Scrubs

Vic is best of list

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Toronto wins.

Because of the PEDS.

Actually false.

Thats a pretty weak correlation. Bench press excercises the large muscles, while bat speed is produced by the smaller, fast-twitch muscles. That explains why guys like Curtis Granderson can launch 40 a year, and why not all meatheads are HR hitters.

Lots of MLB trainers have their batters do the bench different than regular. Instead of doing your regular max, they have you do about 75% of your max and do 20 or so reps. Helps build the smaller fast-twitch muscles, rather than the large, slow-twitch muscles that dont really have much of an effect on HRs.

Bench is bench regardless! More reps means going for tone. Higher weight size. When I train the guys lifting you still improve their bench. Bench increases bat speed on all players.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Toronto wins.

Because of the PEDS.

Actually false.

Bench is bench regardless! More reps means going for tone. Higher weight size. When I train the guys lifting you still improve their bench. Bench increases bat speed on all players.

Tone = Fast-twitch muscles = my point
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Toronto wins.

Because of the PEDS.

Actually false.

But PED's help build those too. Any extra muscle will help with bat speed (which muscles benefit greater is what you guys are discussing right?)

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:

Right Handed Options

Shane Victorino- Switch
Cody Ross
Ryan Ludwick
Jonny Gomes
Jason Bay
Other Scrubs

Bourne is still on the market, as well.

But I'd love to bring in Victorino.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Toronto wins.

Because of the PEDS.

Actually false.

Fast twitch is bat speed. So your arguing for my point

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Right Handed Options

Shane Victorino- Switch
Cody Ross
Ryan Ludwick
Jonny Gomes
Jason Bay
Other Scrubs

Bourne would be awesome.

R.I.P. Stylish
davisblack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Right Handed Options

Shane Victorino- Switch
Cody Ross
Ryan Ludwick
Jonny Gomes
Jason Bay
Other Scrubs

Bourne would be awesome.

I would love Bourne too, but I haven't seen the Tigers linked with his name once, and I don't know if he would want to play LF.
2013 Adopt-A-Lion: #92 DE Devin Taylor
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Right Handed Options

Shane Victorino- Switch
Cody Ross
Ryan Ludwick
Jonny Gomes
Jason Bay
Other Scrubs

Bourne would be awesome.

Vic cheaper and can still help

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
davisblack wrote:

Right Handed Options

Shane Victorino- Switch
Cody Ross
Ryan Ludwick
Jonny Gomes
Jason Bay
Other Scrubs

Bourne would be awesome.

I would love Bourne too, but I haven't seen the Tigers linked with his name once, and I don't know if he would want to play LF.

Their name has been strongly linked with Cody Ross. I'm not sure where they all stand right now though. I've been disconnected from the media for a few days.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOLOLOLOL

THANK YOU STANFORD & BAYLOR!!!

FOR SHAME KSTATE. LOL OREGON!!!!

R.I.P. Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
LOLOLOLOLOL

THANK YOU STANFORD & BAYLOR!!!

FOR SHAME KSTATE. LOL OREGON!!!!

Just hoping two SEC teams don't go. Crazy 2 of UM 3 losses could be represented in NC

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Page 82 of 109

Jump to: