Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) thread: I hate Valverde Ed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 4915
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JV has this. No way he blows this and no way he lets Leyland yank him.
_________________

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
JV has this. No way he blows this and no way he lets Leyland yank him.
JV breaking records.......

Who would've thunk??? Cool
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19305
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Now, we pull for the Orioles so we get home field advantage.

I'm so pumped right now. JV is the MF'n man.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel like I'm watching a championship unfold.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 4915
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Justin Verlander!! Woo

Now go O's. I think we can take either team but i think O's would be an easier opponent
_________________

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19305
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So JV would likely go games 3 and 7 of the ALCS? Good news is that whoever we play next round, we have an extra day of rest. However traveling to NY tomorrow night would suck.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50225
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the offense will need to step up next series.

Verlander was dominant in his starts but the Oakland As defense cost them this series. Detroit bats did not win this series.

It is scary to think the Detroit staff having such a great series as a group.

IF the offense and pitching can get on same level watch out.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ahoda


Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 4439
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When asked about Jim Leyland taking him out of the game by Pedro Gomez, this quote from Verlander says volumes: "No, he knew better."
Leyland agreed: "He had a complete game look in his eye."
_________________
R.I.P STYLISH. GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35443
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
So JV would likely go games 3 and 7 of the ALCS? Good news is that whoever we play next round, we have an extra day of rest. However traveling to NY tomorrow night would suck.

Ya, I'm thinking that would be how to set up the pitching. I was really hoping to hit a game he would pitch. But it will be game 6 if Os win and game 5 if Yanks win.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9054
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
When asked about Jim Leyland taking him out of the game by Pedro Gomez, this quote from Verlander says volumes: "No, he knew better."
Leyland agreed: "He had a complete game look in his eye."


When you've got a guy like Verlander you ride your horse. He ALWAYS has risen to the occassion and last night was just another feather in the cap that is the legend Justin Verlander. He's your stereo typical dominate ace that every fan base wants as their teams best pitcher.

It's one thing to be good, another to be dominate, and your even more special when the guy can rise to the occassions and perform. Not sure how much doubt there was around here but Justin Verlander might be the best pitcher playing right now imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25777
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the Newfoundland time zone last night so I couldn't watch the game. I'm thrilled JV pitched a complete game shutout.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFan630


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 11255
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I even doubted Verlander last night. He sure made me look stupid.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitWhat


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2298
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
ahoda wrote:
When asked about Jim Leyland taking him out of the game by Pedro Gomez, this quote from Verlander says volumes: "No, he knew better."
Leyland agreed: "He had a complete game look in his eye."


When you've got a guy like Verlander you ride your horse. He ALWAYS has risen to the occassion and last night was just another feather in the cap that is the legend Justin Verlander. He's your stereo typical dominate ace that every fan base wants as their teams best pitcher.

It's one thing to be good, another to be dominate, and your even more special when the guy can rise to the occassions and perform. Not sure how much doubt there was around here but Justin Verlander might be the best pitcher playing right now imo.


Yeah Justin Verlander could quite possibly leave the game as the best starting pitcher in the history of the game. No one would argue if you said verlander was the best ever either. Will he break any era or strikeout records? Well of course not but thats not cause he couldn't but the game has changed so much to where those records won't be touched.

Teams have gotten smarter and the games have changed for the better. It makes no sense to have your ace throw 170 pitches in a regular season game. But in the postseason is when you want your starting pitchers out there for long periods of time. So verlander is definitely in the discussion as best pitcher of all time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35443
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping for the Yanks/Orioles to go about 80 innings.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25777
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitWhat wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
ahoda wrote:
When asked about Jim Leyland taking him out of the game by Pedro Gomez, this quote from Verlander says volumes: "No, he knew better."
Leyland agreed: "He had a complete game look in his eye."


When you've got a guy like Verlander you ride your horse. He ALWAYS has risen to the occassion and last night was just another feather in the cap that is the legend Justin Verlander. He's your stereo typical dominate ace that every fan base wants as their teams best pitcher.

It's one thing to be good, another to be dominate, and your even more special when the guy can rise to the occassions and perform. Not sure how much doubt there was around here but Justin Verlander might be the best pitcher playing right now imo.


Yeah Justin Verlander could quite possibly leave the game as the best starting pitcher in the history of the game. No one would argue if you said verlander was the best ever either. Will he break any era or strikeout records? Well of course not but thats not cause he couldn't but the game has changed so much to where those records won't be touched.

Teams have gotten smarter and the games have changed for the better. It makes no sense to have your ace throw 170 pitches in a regular season game. But in the postseason is when you want your starting pitchers out there for long periods of time. So verlander is definitely in the discussion as best pitcher of all time.


No, he isn't.

You would get huge arguments if you try to claim Verlander is the best all time. You would get arguments if you claim he's the best of his era or currently in the league.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Page 12 of 109

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group