Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49er RB Brandon Jacobs visits Giants locker room after game
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: 49er RB Brandon Jacobs visits Giants locker room after game Reply with quote

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/10/inside-the-49ers/jacobs-visits-giants-locker-room-after-game/

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO Ė I couldnít find Brandon Jacobs in the 49ers locker room after the game....

So I walked to the Giantsí locker room. Who did I see? Jacobs. He was talking to Justin Tuck, his former teammate.

Tuck was sitting on a stool. Jacobs was leaning against the locker, wearing camouflage pants and a green polo shirt. He was talking with his hands. It seemed like he was explaining something.

Tuck didnít say much. He listened and shook his head a lot, as if to say, ďAinít that shame.Ē

The 49ers signed Brandon Jacobs to a 1 year deal in March, but he injured his knee in August and has been inactive every game so far, first for injury, now i'm guessing for performance as he's been healthy for a couple of weeks.

What are your thoughts on this? He was a Giant for 6 years but is it right to go to an opposing locker room after the game?

Personally, i'm fine with him meeting his friends midfield after the game, or even after the game going for dinner/whatever, if there was time. But to visit the locker room right after a game....i think thats wrong. You have to stay with your teammates, through thick and thin. He's a 49er hanging out in the Giants locker room, not a smart move...
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6

Last edited by 49ersfan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol who cares?

He was talking to his friends.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 49er RB Brandon Jacobs visits Giants locker room after g Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
What are your thoughts on this? He was a Giant for 6 years but is it right to go to an opposing locker room after the game?

From the sound of what I read, it seemed as if some time had passed between the end of the game and Jacobs chatting with Tuck; Jacobs was back in his regular clothes, so it tells me he met with the media (doubt many media folks are knocking Jacobs' door down for a sound bite) took a shower, probably got a snack and headed over to chat up his friend.

Non-issue, IMO.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
sayheykid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think I'd be bothered by it even slightly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 49er RB Brandon Jacobs visits Giants locker room after g Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

From the sound of what I read, it seemed as if some time had passed between the end of the game and Jacobs chatting with Tuck; Jacobs was back in his regular clothes, so it tells me he met with the media (doubt many media folks are knocking Jacobs' door down for a sound bite) took a shower, probably got a snack and headed over to chat up his friend.

Non-issue, IMO.

Do in-active players suit up?
daboyle250

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 49er RB Brandon Jacobs visits Giants locker room after g Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

Non-issue, IMO.

Do in-active players suit up?

Not in normal clothes (T-Shirts, Polos, Jeans) but they seem to wear team related jackets or sweatpants when they're inactive.

Tracker: 46 catches, 498 yards, 3 TD
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets face it... he will alwasy be a Giant at heart. His career is virtually over at this point. He is probably the 4th best RB in SF, so this year is a pretty much a wash for him... can't blame him for wanting to see old teammates and coaches that he won 2 Super Bowls with.
Left_Side!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure there will be a few people who think what he did was wrong or whatever but the truth is most players in the NFL are all friends and get along for the most part. Players are not robots they have a life beyond football and also have friends on other teams. Im sure this will be very shocking/confusing to some haha
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wouldn't like this if it happened to my team. If Greg Jennings went over to the Colts locker room to talk to Reggie Wayne or something after the Colts loss I would have been pretty mad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
lol who cares?

He was talking to his friends.

agreed.

No issue with this what so ever.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I really wouldn't like this if it happened to my team. If Greg Jennings went over to the Colts locker room to talk to Reggie Wayne or something after the Colts loss I would have been pretty mad.

Why?

These players are people just like you and me. They are allowed to have friendships with other players ESPECIALLY if they played for that team their entire career like Jacobs did. Geesh.... allow these guys to live their lives!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this interesting. It's like the gossip of the nfl: "What will Brandon Jacobs do next?"

I wonder what Eli thought when Jacobs talked to Tuck and not him.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who is genuinely bothered by this, needs to get some friends.

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG HE HAS FRIENDS?!?!?!

MUST POST AS BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
OMFG HE HAS FRIENDS?!?!?!

MUST POST AS BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

actually thought this was going to be more of a touching thing. like how even after a loss and he was let go from the team he still goes over there and meets up with his friends.....apparently not so much.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: