Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
I think Landry Jones can win. He is a winner. He throws with strength and accuracy. I like Kolb but his contract is a lot.

Jones is so good that his collegiate team takes him off the field when the offense gets inside the redzone.

Yesterday they put the ball in his hands in the redzone an he threw TD's

I prefer 120.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
I think Landry Jones can win. He is a winner. He throws with strength and accuracy. I like Kolb but his contract is a lot.

Jones is so good that his collegiate team takes him off the field when the offense gets inside the redzone.

What does 117 mean?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

What does 117 mean?

Cannot tell you about 117, but 120 is the ranking of the West Virginia defense against the pass among the FBS teams. I.E Dead Last. I.E the only team in the FBS (Including the likes of UMASS, UTSA, South Alabama et al) to be allowing over 10 yards per attempt in the air.

Basically Landry may have looked good, but he was shredding a defense a blind monkey with half an arm could have.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of trading up unless it only costs a 3rd or 4th. So I could deal with going from #6 to #4 if we think Joeckel will go at #5 (or something like that)... As soon as we start giving up an addition 1st or multiple 2nd's it's not worth it IMO.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Not a big fan of trading up unless it only costs a 3rd or 4th. So I could deal with going from #6 to #4 if we think Joeckel will go at #5 (or something like that)... As soon as we start giving up an addition 1st or multiple 2nd's it's not worth it IMO.

Only time it is is a Redskins like trade this year. One that gets you a trult great QB.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Only time it is is a Redskins like trade this year. One that gets you a trult great QB.

If you just look strictly at performance and not Heismans or team success is Geno close to RG3 as a prospect?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

What does 117 mean?

Cannot tell you about 117, but 120 is the ranking of the West Virginia defense against the pass among the FBS teams. I.E Dead Last. I.E the only team in the FBS (Including the likes of UMASS, UTSA, South Alabama et al) to be allowing over 10 yards per attempt in the air.

Basically Landry may have looked good, but he was shredding a defense a blind monkey with half an arm could have.

117 is WVU's overall defensive ranking. And yes, as you point out, there are only 120 FBS teams.

If Landry Jones wasn't completely spectacular, he'd have been a failure yesterday.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

If you just look strictly at performance and not Heismans or team success is Geno close to RG3 as a prospect?

I would say he is but I didn't particularly care for RG3 and still really don't.

I will say he's nowhere near Andrew Luck. Not even on the same planet as Andrew Luck, as a matter of fact. Then again, Luck's a pretty rare breed.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who do you think the Raiders will take with their top 5 pick? I don't really know what their needs are...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Who do you think the Raiders will take with their top 5 pick? I don't really know what their needs are...

They need a QB
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

They need a QB

Depends on what McKenzie thinks of Pryor. What that teams really needs is someone in the secondary. That secondary is easily the league's worst.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

They need a QB

Depends on what McKenzie thinks of Pryor. What that teams really needs is someone in the secondary. That secondary is easily the league's worst.

I agree with that. I just get the feeling that they don't see much in Pryor. He 3rd string and they continue to ride an aging bad Palmer. The one time they did bench Palmer they went to Matt.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

They need a QB

I agree with that. I just get the feeling that they don't see much in Pryor. He 3rd string and they continue to ride an aging bad Palmer. The one time they did bench Palmer they went to Matt.

Pryor was an Al Davis guy and he has a weak arm. I don't know what the Raiders plans are but I think it is safe to say that he is not going to be the answer there.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

They need a QB

Pryor was an Al Davis guy and he has a weak arm. I don't know what the Raiders plans are but I think it is safe to say that he is not going to be the answer there.

While he was an Al Davis pick, Reggie McKenzie has been very praiseful of the kid. I think it's a little out there to say they have no plans for his future. If they didn't they'd just cut him the same way they did with, oh, the majority of their secondary.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a lot of time going over tape on Landry Jones and I saw he doesn't really escape the pressure as much as people say. He hangs in their most of the time. And when he does leave the pocket he is very crafty like Tony Romo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aM6Nq2gPh8

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 60 of 100

Jump to: