Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
What do you guys think about UCLA junior Anthony Barr? There is talk he may declare this year and he definitely has elite athleticism, explosiveness, and range as a 3-4 OLB prospect. He needs to bulk up some, but definitely seems to have the frame that would allow an NFL weight training program to help him add functional bulk/strength.

With the question marks surrounding Jarvis Jones concerning his spinal stenosis, what do you think of the idea of taking a long look at Barr to eventually to play opposite Sam Acho?

Depends. What round do you think he'd go in? He'd be on my radar in the 2nd round definitely. Huge upside as a pass rusher. With how many flaws this team has on offense though it'd be hard to take a guy like him in the 1st round.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
National Football Post Mock

Feels good man...

no chance the best qb in the draft does not get picked in the top 3

There's also no way KC takes Joeckel #1, but hey I'll take it...

It all depends on Branden Albert. I wouldn't rule it out.

A top 5 player at his position this year in his prime? Hmmm I can't see them letting him go. Maybe use the Tag with his injury history...

Branden Albert is not a top 5 LT in this league.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was rated top 3 a few weeks back from the advanced stats. So it's fair to say he's a top 10 player. Chiefs have more glaring needs.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
He was rated top 3 a few weeks back from the advanced stats. So it's fair to say he's a top 10 player. Chiefs have more glaring needs.

Advances metrics have him 9th in the league in the pass game and just inside the top 15 in the run game. That's a borderline top 10 guy, not a top 5 guy.

If he asks for top 3-5 pay, the Chiefs may balk (Which makes sense).
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Advances metrics have him 9th in the league in the pass game and just inside the top 15 in the run game. That's a borderline top 10 guy, not a top 5 guy.

If he asks for top 3-5 pay, the Chiefs may balk (Which makes sense).

The Chiefs will know by Free Agency whether Geno is gonna be their guy or not. If not, I could see a scenario where the Chiefs let Albert walk and sign Alex Smith. Then pass on Geno to take Joeckel.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd still have to trade up for Geno. He's not getting by both Jacksonville and Buffalo. I'm sure the Raiders would give a look... Champ you never answered. What's the most picks you'd trade to get into the top 2 for Geno?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
We'd still have to trade up for Geno. He's not getting by both Jacksonville and Buffalo. I'm sure the Raiders would give a look... Champ you never answered. What's the most picks you'd trade to get into the top 2 for Geno?

I'd give whatever we had to give. He's the best QB that we can acquire this offseason in a league that's completely reliant on good QB play. I'd give whatever it took.

Also, Buffalo picks behind us. They're a non-factor in this race.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I'd give whatever we had to give. He's the best QB that we can acquire this offseason in a league that's completely reliant on good QB play. I'd give whatever it took.

Yep. I don't think Oakland is a factor. There defense is sooo bad, like historically bad and Palmers been OK. I could see them going QB round 2.

Philly and KC are our biggest threats. Need Foles to play well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Yep. I don't think Oakland is a factor. There defense is sooo bad, like historically bad and Palmers been OK. I could see them going QB round 2.

Bolded: Oakland doesn't have a 2nd round pick. It went to Cincinnati in the Palmer trade.

That fact there IMO makes Oakland a serious wild card in round 1.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Been saying this for a couple of weeks now, but just thought of something...Bills GM Buddy Nix has said that the Bills will be drafting a franchise QB this year. He has always done what he said he would do since coming to Buffalo. Nix has never moved up in the 1st round since becoming GM, but he has done it in others. I now think this year, he seriously tries, given the needs of some of the teams ahead of us, including the Cardinals. Difference is, I think he would probably only make a move up for Geno Smith, assuming Tyler Wilson falls to us, which I think is very probable. Barkley shouldn't be a target as his game is too similar to Fitzpatrick's IMHO.

Other early round targets that both teams will be competing for are definitely RG and maybe T, LB, & TE. We need a RT more than a left, but if the right LT fell to us, we might go after him and move Glenn over to the right side, where he does have some experience...and as well as Glenn has played, his feet are still a little slower than ideal for the left side. We could go after somewhat similar players at ILB, but we would probably favor speed over a slower true thumper. Even at OLB, you guys should be looking at bigger/heavier guys...the Bills will likely be targeting a WLB instead. Bills will look for a more athletic, pass catcher vs. the Cards' need for more of a blocking TE (if one can be found...BTW maybe this is the source of the small school guy).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the odds you guys re-sign both Levitre and Byrd?
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
What are the odds you guys re-sign both Levitre and Byrd?

I actually don't know the overall cap space for them, but I imagine these 2 players are the top priorities...definitely the fans are screaming for them. Last I heard, Bills had about 12.5 million left this year, but that 2013 might be closer to half that at this point. Can only hope that doesn't become too great a problem.

We have already began talks with Byrd's agent to resign him. Now, whether anything can be done to resign him before the FA period starts is anyone's guess. This is one of those times I wish Graves worked for the Bills! Laughing Nix's track record is a little hard to evaluate in regards to resigning our talented players as he has overseen a switch from the 3-4 to the 4-3, so he could be given some slack. On the other hand, he also didn't counter (or at least publicly release that he had done so) to keep Pozluszny from signing with the Jags. Guess, I'm hopeful they both get resigned, but of the 2, Levitre is probably the easiest to replace (in terms of a body, not leadership & versatility), at least this year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Bolded: Oakland doesn't have a 2nd round pick. It went to Cincinnati in the Palmer trade.

I could see them trading down to gain more picks after losing so many through dumb trades of their own.

This is a smart front office with a lot of holes. If we're looking to jump a team to get Geno, I'd start talk to Oakland.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I could see them trading down to gain more picks after losing so many through dumb trades of their own.

This is a smart front office with a lot of holes. If we're looking to jump a team to get Geno, I'd start talk to Oakland.

Great minds think alike. I've been pondering the exact same thing. Of course, it's all dependent on Geno getting to 3.
iRobot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Great minds think alike. I've been pondering the exact same thing. Of course, it's all dependent on Geno getting to 3.

Do we consider Geno an upgrade over Kolb here? Because I can't see us trading up for Geno unless Kolb is gone or Kolb restructures and then Geno gets his mechanics worked on for a year while learning under Kolb maybe?

I know Geno has amazing stats but everything I'm seeing says he technique is seriously flawed at times.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 89 of 100

Jump to: