Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go Jones because my issue with him was he left the pocket too much, but recently he's shown he can stay in the pocket and when he does hes great.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
I'd like to avoid drafting a QB by signing you-know-who but that's not happening and a new coach will want his own guy. Lindley had accuracy issues in college and I doubt a new HC and his staff will feel comfortable rolling with him.

We still don't know whether or not there will be a new staff here at all. Lindley had "accuracy" issues insomuch as he had a completion percentage that is below what you would want it to be. When he got his mechanics down he threw one of the best balls in the draft last year, velocity, placement, everything. His issue was consistently repeating his mechanics and his decision making process.

That is the same guy as Mike Glennon, that is the same guy as Ryan Nassib, that is the same guy as EJ Manuel. You could say it is a guy along a similar path to a Logan Thomas.

Just for reference Ryan got a lot of talk in his Junior year as a potential upper first round selection. He did not really progress, and I am not talking about this guy IS the future. I am saying he has as much chance of being "the future" as any QB in the 2012 NFL draft not named Geno Smith.

Also, I would seriously question the entire organization as a whole if this team went anywhere near Michael Vick.

I'd question them more banking on Lindley. On the other side Vick led top ten offenses in 2010 & 2011 while finishing top 3 in MVP voting. You put any QB behind that OL with terrible play calling and they'd be struggling or injured this year.

Vick has regressed every year since he took the job from Kolb. I'm thinking he'll regress next year too. Especially if he comes here. We have the same OL problems and our offense isn't suited to him like Philly's.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Can we stop with Landry Jones? I'd much rather take Wilson or Barkley with our 2nd...

Jones has been great this season and he is learning to stay in the pocket. He throws a great ball thats strong and accurate.

Bolded: That's news to me...

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
Also, I would seriously question the entire organization as a whole if this team went anywhere near Michael Vick.

I'd question them more banking on Lindley. On the other side Vick led top ten offenses in 2010 & 2011 while finishing top 3 in MVP voting. You put any QB behind that OL with terrible play calling and they'd be struggling or injured this year.

Please, show me where I said we should bank on Lindley? Oh, you can't find it? It is because I never did.

Don't try to twist what I have said to suit your infatuation with a terrible, terrible QB who has one above average season in a very lengthy career.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:

Please, show me where I said we should bank on Lindley? Oh, you can't find it? It is because I never did.

Don't try to twist what I have said to suit your infatuation with a terrible, terrible QB who has one above average season in a very lengthy career.

Something about investing our time and energy into Ryan Lindley? There's a reason 9 QB's went before him...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:

Something about investing our time and energy into Ryan Lindley? There's a reason 9 QB's went before him...

Quote:
Bottom line for me is this; When you get Lindley at his best you have a great QB, same thing can be said for some of these draft prospects. The big thing with most of them (The likes of Glennon, Manuel, Nassib) is their consistency.

Rather than spending a pick in the 2nd or 3rd round on one of those guys I would rather invest our time and energy into Lindley, he is certainly no worse as an overall prospect than those guys I just mentioned and he has a year in the system.

All I said is I would rather we work on Lindley than draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round as a project.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna say this about the QB position in relation to the draft and then I'll leave it to you guys.

I say we either trade up for Geno Smith or we don't even bother with it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Landry Jones can win. He is a winner. He throws with strength and accuracy. I like Kolb but his contract is a lot.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I think Landry Jones can win. He is winner. He throws with strength and accuracy. I like Kolb but his contract is a lot.

Landry Jones is weak. Weak under pressure, weak decision making. And for being a winner, he sure ends up on the losing end of a lot of big games.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done with draft talk until my next mock.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I think Landry Jones can win. He is a winner. He throws with strength and accuracy. I like Kolb but his contract is a lot.

Jones is so good that his collegiate team takes him off the field when the offense gets inside the redzone.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd restructure Kolb and roll at least one more year with a hopefully better OL. I've bad-mouthed Kolb forever, but from what I saw from him this year, I now think we can win with him at the helm. Invest in the OL & LB for potential starters and DB & DL for depth and IMHO this team will challenge SF for the NFCW.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
I'd restructure Kolb and roll at least one more year with a hopefully better OL. I've bad-mouthed Kolb forever, but from what I saw from him this year, I now think we can win with him at the helm. Invest in the OL & LB for potential starters and DB & DL for depth and IMHO this team will challenge SF for the NFCW.

Sell out for Joeckel. Insert him at LT from day 1. Look at a RG on day 2, second or thrid round.

From there build depth at LB and Safety. Look for possible starter at ILB.

Restructure Kolb, hope he can stay healthy and then start looking at the 2014 draft class to see if we have a potential franchise QB available.

Biggest issue is that 8-8 seasons a middling draft positions breed 8-8 seasons and middling draft positions.

AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Jones is so good that his collegiate team takes him off the field when the offense gets inside the redzone.

Yesterday they put the ball in his hands in the redzone an he threw TD's
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Yesterday they put the ball in his hands in the redzone an he threw TD's

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 59 of 100

Jump to: