Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen any LSU games? How does Mingo look? Is OLB high on your list? OBS is OK but if the team could upgrade that position would you pull the trigger or move on with OBS?
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Some guys I like that I have watched this year.

Jamar Taylor CB Boise State. 5-11 196 with a reported 4.34 40 a Boise senior day. I think it more close to 4.44 or a little lower.

Michael Mauti ILB Penn State. Is Walker the guy to replace Lenon I don't know but if Arizona is to go for another ILB I like Mauti remind me of Sean Lee.

I want OL i just don't see them going heavy on OL and I don't see them taking one in the first round.

Mauti is an animal. Love that kid. Not sure what round he will go in but he will make some waves at the NFL level.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Has anyone seen any LSU games? How does Mingo look? Is OLB high on your list? OBS is OK but if the team could upgrade that position would you pull the trigger or move on with OBS?

Mingo's been ridiculously quiet this season.

I've heard he's got some playbook issues too. That will not sit well with Ray Horton.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

I've heard he's got some playbook issues too. That will not sit well with Ray Horton.

Like Matt Kalil last year we can only hope this makes him drop a little.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Like Matt Kalil last year we can only hope this makes him drop a little.

I'm not all that interested personally.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go OLB I don't want to until early middle rounds and I don't want an athlete who is going to struggle to get into the game mentally. We all know how much mental errors kill this defense, we cannot afford them.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want lewan or warmack!

matthouston91 made it!
Chg91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
DJ Fluker/RT-RG
6'6" 335lbs

He would make a great RT or RG in our scheme. Good enough feet to stay on the outside and an absolute mauler in the run game. Kind of reminds me of Kelechi Osemele from last year's draft but better and with more experience against high-level competition.

If you're gonna take a guard, just take Warmack.

I'm not entirely sure about that. Fluker is good and has the potential to be great. If I was solely looking for a RG, I couldn't just rule out Fluker and take Warmack. We've all said that Levi Brown would have made a great OG well Fluker is that type of player too.

Bolded: I could.

Warmack might be the best OG I've seen at the college level. Better than DDC and I loved DDC.

Well with a statement like that I'll just have to go have another look at him . And I was thinking we could get him in the 2nd Laughing

Not to mention that you're really overrating Fluker. He's big and strong, but doesn't get the chance to use it because his technique and balance are all wrong, leading to him overextending and easily getting nullified. He also can't handle speed rushers, which already kills us with Massie and Brown. This tackle class is shaping up to be one of the best in quite a while, but DJ Fluker is not why.
Chg91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
If we go OLB I don't want to until early middle rounds and I don't want an athlete who is going to struggle to get into the game mentally. We all know how much mental errors kill this defense, we cannot afford them.

I'm the opposite. We already have Sam Acho as our smart-but-not-physically-dominant pass rusher, I want a complete animal opposite of him. Not saying the team should sacrifice everything else for combine numbers, but I'd rather lean in that direction than another Acho-type. Playbooks can be learned/genetics can't, and all that.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for RB to be a need.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Chg91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Time for RB to be a need.

I really like Cameron Marshall out of ASU, but he doesn't seem to be as explosive as last year. Could be an injury, or just the spread-heavy system not being his best fit. If he can pick it up, though, he's a strong, three-down running back whose legs never stop churning who will be there in the middle rounds.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chg91 wrote:
khodder wrote:

I'm the opposite. We already have Sam Acho as our smart-but-not-physically-dominant pass rusher, I want a complete animal opposite of him. Not saying the team should sacrifice everything else for combine numbers, but I'd rather lean in that direction than another Acho-type. Playbooks can be learned/genetics can't, and all that.

While you make a solid point, I don't think Ray Horton would agree.

And while playbooks can be learned, it doesn't seem like Mingo is doing it. All reports say he's struggling with it. And that's just LSU's defense, imagine him trying to work through ours.
Chg91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

And while playbooks can be learned, it doesn't seem like Mingo is doing it. All reports say he's struggling with it. And that's just LSU's defense, imagine him trying to work through ours.

I wasn't talking about Mingo specifically/at all. You don't have to be a complete dummy to be a physical freak, but you're right that Horton most likely wouldn't go for it.

But then again, Horton might not even be here to make that decision in April.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chg91 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I wasn't talking about Mingo specifically/at all. You don't have to be a complete dummy to be a physical freak, but you're right that Horton most likely wouldn't go for it.

But then again, Horton might not even be here to make that decision in April.

My bad, I thought we were talking specifically about Mingo. Sorry about that.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who are some good looking Rb in this draft. i like that Kid from Standford.

Stepfan Taylor 5-11 215 pounds

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: