Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
DJ Fluker/RT-RG
6'6" 335lbs

He would make a great RT or RG in our scheme. Good enough feet to stay on the outside and an absolute mauler in the run game. Kind of reminds me of Kelechi Osemele from last year's draft but better and with more experience against high-level competition.

If you're gonna take a guard, just take Warmack.

I'm not entirely sure about that. Fluker is good and has the potential to be great. If I was solely looking for a RG, I couldn't just rule out Fluker and take Warmack. We've all said that Levi Brown would have made a great OG well Fluker is that type of player too.

Bolded: I could.

Warmack might be the best OG I've seen at the college level. Better than DDC and I loved DDC.

Well with a statement like that I'll just have to go have another look at him . And I was thinking we could get him in the 2nd Laughing

Warmack's a top 15 lock.

I said the same thing about DDC and was wrong but I feel particularly confident saying it about Warmack.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really beleive the fastest way to fix our OL issues is with a top notch guard and a healthy Levi Brown.

Run the ball, running the ball keeps pass rushers off balance. Levi deals well with pass rushers when he is not beaten off the snap. I have seen very similar signs from Massie.

Running the ball is the key for this offense. We need to do it efficiently, a top quality guard is the best way for us to do this.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I really beleive the fastest way to fix our OL issues is with a top notch guard and a healthy Levi Brown.

Run the ball, running the ball keeps pass rushers off balance. Levi deals well with pass rushers when he is not beaten off the snap. I have seen very similar signs from Massie.

Running the ball is the key for this offense. We need to do it efficiently, a top quality guard is the best way for us to do this.

Snyder is a very good run blocking guard year in year out. If that's the offense we're gonna run, he's a guy to have around.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Snyder is a very good run blocking guard year in year out. If that's the offense we're gonna run, he's a guy to have around.

Not from what I have seen this year. Struggling in all facets. Injury could be playing a part.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Not from what I have seen this year. Struggling in all facets. Injury could be playing a part.

This year's been a downer but his track record is strong and can't be ignored. Somers thinks it's a significant elbow injury he's dealing with. Could think about shutting him down.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:

This year's been a downer but his track record is strong and can't be ignored. Somers thinks it's a significant elbow injury he's dealing with. Could think about shutting him down.

Who do we put in for him. Ohrnberger? Does Kelemete have any shot at PT this year?

I don't know what to do, it really is pretty messy up front.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Who do we put in for him?

LOL, that's probably why we're not thinking of shutting Snyder down. There's no good answer to this question.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:

LOL, that's probably why we're not thinking of shutting Snyder down. There's no good answer to this question.

I would think Jeremy Bridges would be in play. He seems like a forgotten man these days.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:

I would think Jeremy Bridges would be in play. He seems like a forgotten man these days.

I.R.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And let's not forget the elephant in the room, QB. Skelton's still a question mark with a lot of weaknesses, Kolb's a question mark with a lot of weaknesses and he's due a 7 million dollars roster bonus in March.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
And let's not forget the elephant in the room, QB. Skelton's still a question mark with a lot of weaknesses, Kolb's a question mark with a lot of weaknesses and he's due a 7 million dollars roster bonus in March.

Another Roster bonus?

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Another Roster bonus?

Team option bonus, basically the same thing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I allowed to mention Geno Smith
I would love him in a cardinals uni, we might of won to many games already to get him though...but it would be awesome to go qb, ot, og

I know kolb may have turned a corner and he looks great when he has protection so maybe we need to go OG healthy levi or OT and we would be set

Amazing thank you going to MoJo122-b-21 for this sick signature!!!
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeremyB80 wrote:
I would love him in a cardinals uni, we might of won to many games already to get him though...but it would be awesome to go qb, ot, og

I know kolb may have turned a corner and he looks great when he has protection so maybe we need to go OG healthy levi or OT and we would be set

You can mention Geno, but you have to mention "pipe dream" in the same sentence.

I am firmly on the boat with establishing an at least average to above average OL before going after a QB. I know QB's can make thier OL's look better at times, but most of those times are turning an average OL into a good/great OL not turning a pile of crap into something any good at all.

We have seen across the last season and a half what this offense can do in the air if the offensive line provides a pocket. We don't need an elite offense that will go out there and put up 28 points every game, though that would be nice, we need a nice steady offense that will go out and get up 20-24 points week in and week out. Combined that with our defense and you win a lot of football games.

The number one priority in a balanced. solid, move the chains offense is an offensive line.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JeremyB80 wrote:

The number one priority in a balanced. solid, move the chains offense is an offensive line.

The question is: Will we ever truly become that type of offense?

For the 3 year in a row, we seem to be suffering from a lack of offensive identity. The defense has some issues but at least it's got an identity. We know what we want to try and do week in, week out. Until further notice, the offense doesn't. QB would have to be high on my list until further notice though yes, Geno Smith is nothing but a pipe dream.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

Jump to: