Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Rob Rang's latest mock released today -

4. Arizona Cardinals
Matt Barkley, QB, Southern California: Rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley has shown flashes in limited duty and Kevin Kolb remains a viable candidate to start, as well, once he returns from a rib injury. Should the long-term answer to the Cardinals' quarterback woes not be obvious, however, don't be surprised if the pressure is simply too much for the team to allow the tough, instinctive Barkley to slip by. Barkley has fallen in the eyes of many scouts but we all know the value of the position rises as the draft approaches. Barkley may not be universally viewed as a first round player any more but that may not matter come draft day.

Here's the rest...

I agree with Rob Rang that Jarvis Jones will go high. I love Matt Barkley and think he is going to be a solid pro I just think drafting him 4th overall may be a problem with a guy like Luke Joeckel on the board. Then again I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He will become the best QB on the roster in my mind and that's worth the #4 pick. Damn though Joeckel has all pro written all over him.

If Steve Keim is the GM I'd trust him with our pick. I think Whiz was the main guy in Floyd's corner...

Maybe but I highly, HIGHLY doubt Graves turns that card in if Keim wasn't on board. And besides, what's wrong with picking Floyd? Kid's had some ups and downs but the ups have been legit and he's got as bright a future as anyone.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

4. Arizona Cardinals
Matt Barkley, QB, Southern California: Rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley has shown flashes in limited duty and Kevin Kolb remains a viable candidate to start, as well, once he returns from a rib injury. Should the long-term answer to the Cardinals' quarterback woes not be obvious, however, don't be surprised if the pressure is simply too much for the team to allow the tough, instinctive Barkley to slip by. Barkley has fallen in the eyes of many scouts but we all know the value of the position rises as the draft approaches. Barkley may not be universally viewed as a first round player any more but that may not matter come draft day.

Here's the rest...

I agree with Rob Rang that Jarvis Jones will go high. I love Matt Barkley and think he is going to be a solid pro I just think drafting him 4th overall may be a problem with a guy like Luke Joeckel on the board. Then again I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He will become the best QB on the roster in my mind and that's worth the #4 pick. Damn though Joeckel has all pro written all over him.

If Steve Keim is the GM I'd trust him with our pick. I think Whiz was the main guy in Floyd's corner...

I really like the Floyd pick still. I wanted Melvin Ingram as well but once Floyd gets a QB he will have a good career.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Ryan Lindley has shown flashes? When was that?

First half of the Rams game.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

4. Arizona Cardinals

Here's the rest...

Maybe but I highly, HIGHLY doubt Graves turns that card in if Keim wasn't on board. And besides, what's wrong with picking Floyd? Kid's had some ups and downs but the ups have been legit and he's got as bright a future as anyone.

Nothing but the general opinion is that we should've taken OL. I was all for the Floyd pick.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

4. Arizona Cardinals

Here's the rest...

Nothing but the general opinion is that we should've taken OL. I was all for the Floyd pick.

True. Again though, I highly doubt that pick goes through if Steve Keim says he's strongly against it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're gonna try and take Barkley we'd be best off to create a package centered around a 2014 pick and our 2013 2nd round pick (Which will be around 35-37) to get back into the 1st round.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked Floyd better than Blackmon because of physicality. Floyd will have a great career once they get a QB
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
If we're gonna try and take Barkley we'd be best off to create a package centered around a 2014 pick and our 2013 2nd round pick (Which will be around 35-37) to get back into the 1st round.

If he were available then I would say great idea, but i worry he wont be available
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

If he were available then I would say great idea, but i worry he wont be available

Why would that be? There aren't any big QB needs for teams outside the top 10, none really in the teens, certainly none in the 20s. MAYBE the Jets, MAYBE the Bills. That's it. And, just for good measure, Barkley isn't that good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Why would that be? There aren't any big QB needs for teams outside the top 10, none really in the teens, certainly none in the 20s. MAYBE the Jets, MAYBE the Bills. That's it. And, just for good measure, Barkley isn't that good.

I disagree with you saying Barkley isnt that good. Yes he's had a down year but that can be attributed to an awful oline and a game plan based almost solely on Lee. Kiffin didnt do a good job with the game plans. Barkley is good. Put him in a Bill Walsh-type West Coast offense, and Barkley will thrive. I think the Bills would grab Barkley because they said they will go and get a franchise QB. Barkley's stock will probably rise again.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I disagree with you saying Barkley isnt that good. Yes he's had a down year but that can be attributed to an awful oline and a game plan based almost solely on Lee. Kiffin didnt do a good job with the game plans. Barkley is good. Put him in a Bill Walsh-type West Coast offense, and Barkley will thrive. I think the Bills would grab Barkley because they said they will go and get a franchise QB. Barkley's stock will probably rise again.

Bolded: Wow. I, um... don't know what to say to this. Honest question, have you even seen USC/Barkley play?

As for Bills, here ya go:

"I just don't want to get people expecting that no matter who's there in the first round we're going to take a quarterback because that's not true. We'll still take the best player."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/12/buddy-nix-drafting-qb-in-the-first-round-not-necessarily-true.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Bolded: Wow. I, um... don't know what to say to this. Honest question, have you even seen USC/Barkley play?

"I just don't want to get people expecting that no matter who's there in the first round we're going to take a quarterback because that's not true. We'll still take the best player."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/12/buddy-nix-drafting-qb-in-the-first-round-not-necessarily-true.html

I've watched almost every game from the past 2 years and I still think Barkley can be a very good quarterback. Chip Kelly even believes that Barkley is better than Luck. I understand your points, but i think your looking to closely at the stat sheets. If you watch the games, Barkley is being pressured quickly and from all angles.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've watched every game? And you don't know that Kiffin IS employing the Bill Walsh west coast offense right now?

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/34954/matt-barkley-and-uscs-sluggo-seam-play

Last edited by stchamp98 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Nix has said the Bills will absolutely come away with a franchise QB this year, but as noted, no where has he said that it has to come from the 1st round. (BTW, good luck with that this year, Buddy!)

And AZPSquared, as for Barkley going to the Bills, one question: Why the heck would we do that? We already have a QB who excels at short to intermediate throws, knows the offense (assuming Chan stays), and has a contract for a few more years. Further, Fitz is a warrior who gives his all (to the extent that he can) on the field and absolutely has the respect of his teammates. So, again, why would we ever want to replace one dink & dunk QB with another? Makes no freakin' sense. You want Barkley? He's all yours!

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

So what you are saying with the bolded here is that you have access to the USC gameplans.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: